Windows 10: no ssl checkboxes in advanced settings ( security certificate check)

Discus and support no ssl checkboxes in advanced settings ( security certificate check) in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; hi guy's my account settings are not up-to-date for email and agenda for windows 10 it says hen i try to open my Gmail-account in outlook. so i... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bruno dhami, Oct 18, 2018.

1. no ssl checkboxes in advanced settings ( security certificate check)

hi guy's

my account settings are not up-to-date for email and agenda for windows 10 it says hen i try to open my Gmail-account in outlook.

so i found that i have to check my security certificate (see below ) , i have to go to advanced settings and check the boxes for SSL incoming and SSL outgoing, except there are none

i just now clicked on restore account instead of that 'change settings' thingy , and it seems to work

:)

bruno dhami, Oct 18, 2018
  2. John Ado Win User

changing SSL certification in Windows 10 Mail

Hi,

Assuming you are seeing the error: "There is a problem with the server's security certificate. The security certificate is not from a trusted certifying authority.", it often happens when you don't use SSL to secure your email account. To fix this error,
    use the following steps:

• Choose Settings > Manage Accounts.
    • Choose the account that's out-of-date to display the account settings dialog.
    • Choose Change mailbox sync settings > Advanced mailbox settings. You may have to scroll down in the dialog to see Advanced mailbox settings.
    • Check the boxes for Require SSL for incoming email and
      Require SSL for outgoing email
      and then choose Done >
      Save

Let us know how it goes.

John Ado, Oct 18, 2018
  3. I cannot access secured ssl website to check email

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Forums.

I understand that you are experiencing issue with checking email on SSL websites after upgrade to Windows 10. I would certainly help you with this.

I would appreciate if you can provide us the following information to help us understand the issue better.

• What happens when you try to access the SSl websites? Do you get any error message? If yes, what is the complete and exact error message?
    • Does the issue persists with both Microsoft Edge and Internet explorer?
    If the issue appears with Internet Explorer as well, we can try clearing SSL state. let's try these steps below to do so:

Try to clear the SSL state from Internet Options and check.

• Press Windows key+R key to open Run prompt.
    • Type inetcpl.cpl and press enter.
    • go to the Content tab.
    • Click on Clear SSL state and press o.
    • Close and reopen Internet Explorer and check.

If the issue reappears, then do the following.

• In Windows Internet Explorer, click Continue to this website (not recommended).

A red Address Bar and a certificate warning appear.
    • Click the Certificate Error button to open the information window.
    • Click View Certificates, and then click Install Certificate.
    • On the warning message that appears, click Yes to install the certificate.
    Restart Internet Explorer and check if the issue persists.

Hope this helps. Please let us know the results. Feel free to write us back for any further assistance with Windows, we'll be glad to assist you.

Mann_Manohar, Oct 18, 2018
  4. no ssl checkboxes in advanced settings ( security certificate check)

security certificate

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would like to know if this issue occur on Different Web browsers too?

I would suggest you to try the following steps, when you access secured website you may get this error message.

1. Open Internet Explorer and verify that the page you are trying to view is listing a certificate error.

2. To clear the certificate error goes to Tools --> Internet Options from the menu of IE 11.

3. Click on the advanced tab and scroll down to the security section. Clear the boxes for: "Check for publisher's certificate revocation" and "Check for server certificate revocation".

4. Click Apply and Ok.

5. Attempt to reload the page by clicking the Refresh button at the end of the address bar or by pressing the F5 key. Your page should now load as expected.

This error can be cause by the SSL certificate of the website – maybe it was not issued by a trusted Certification Authority on the client side. It could even be an attempt to fool you or intercept data you send to the server. Or maybe the certificate has
    expired.

I suggest you to refer to the Microsoft help article and check if it helps.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/931850

I would suggest you to refer the link below and check if it helps:

Certificate errors: FAQ

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/internet-explorer/certificate-errors-faq#ie=ie-11

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Swathi Ravichandran, Oct 18, 2018
Thema:

no ssl checkboxes in advanced settings ( security certificate check)

1. no ssl checkboxes in advanced settings ( security certificate check) - Similar Threads - ssl checkboxes advanced

2. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  3. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Corrupted SSL Certificates: I moved my Windows 10 Boot M.2 SSD Drive from my laptop to a mini PC. All went well with new drivers and all except the SSL Certificates seems to be messed up. I get hundreds of Event ID 15300 and 15301 warnings every time I boot up. All Google searches say to ignore those ID...
  4. Corrupted SSL Certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates: I was wondering if there was a tool/method aside from LogicMonitor that helps identify when SSL certificates expire. I've discovered that not all of my SSL certificates that are about to expire are displayed even though I have them registered in the LogicMonitor system. Any...
  6. Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tools and methods to manage SSL certificates: I was wondering if there was a tool/method aside from LogicMonitor that helps identify when SSL certificates expire. I've discovered that not all of my SSL certificates that are about to expire are displayed even though I have them registered in the LogicMonitor system. Any...
  7. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  8. SSL certificate errors on normal websites.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    SSL certificate errors on normal websites.: Hi,I've been having a strange issue when connecting to certain websites I always have, ebay, spotify, reddit, and many others including parts of Microsoft websites. They all say that their security certificate is invalid which I know is not true. The error I get is...
  9. Renew SSL certificates on Win10?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Renew SSL certificates on Win10?: Hay, every now and then I get the hint while surfing that the https certificate is invalid. I have also checked and found that certain certificates have expired. How can I have them renewed? Have read where since Win10 2004 something has changed. Auf Win10 SSL-...
  10. Advanced Security Settings

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Advanced Security Settings: I am receiving an error msg concerning Skype "Another program is using this file" I cannot access windowsapps. In Advanced Security Settings, I cannot change my access level to "Full" I am logged in as administrator but my access is not "Full". Also there are a number of...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. check boxes for required ssl for incoming em and require ssl for outgoing emthen chosse done save

2. where is ssl checkbox?

3. certificate checkbox for network settings