Windows 10: No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

Discus and support No start menu after latest Windows upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Dear Microsoft, After my Laptop (Toshiba Kirabook) updates itself with the latest Windows upgrade the system logging in extremely slow (5 minutes)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AttilaPapp4, Aug 8, 2019.

1. No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

Dear Microsoft,

After my Laptop (Toshiba Kirabook) updates itself with the latest Windows upgrade the system logging in extremely slow (5 minutes) and have no start menu. Once the PC logged in and running there are no performance issues just the missing start menu (and the slow login) it was 20 sec before the upgrade.

Do you have any fix for this?

Thanks in advance,

KR

Attila

:)

AttilaPapp4, Aug 8, 2019
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

Naki, Aug 8, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Start menu and action center is not working in Windows 10

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• What is the exact issue that you’re facing with Start menu?

• Are you not able to open Start menu?

• Are you getting any error message?
    I suggest you to follow the step below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check for the latest updates and install.

• Press Windows logo key +R, enter
      MS-settings:
      and then press OK. This opens Settings.

• In Settings, go to Update & security >
      Windows Update, and then select Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.
    Step 2: I suggest you to run
    Start menu troubleshooter. After you've completed the troubleshooter, restart your device.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Aug 8, 2019
  4. Kaapstad Win User

No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

Windows 10 Start menu issue

OP try installing the latest NVidia drivers (375.63) as these are a fix for the problem.

The previous ones broke the start menu !!!!

Kaapstad, Aug 8, 2019
Thema:

No start menu after latest Windows upgrade

1. No start menu after latest Windows upgrade - Similar Threads - start menu latest

2. Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lost pinned apps in start menu after upgrading to windows 11: When i upgraded to windows 11 last month, I lost my pinned apps in the start menu that i had in windows 10. How can i restore all these pinned apps that i had before i upgraded windows? I DON'T want to hear that its not possible....
  3. Screenshots after latest upgrade

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Screenshots after latest upgrade: After the latest upgrade, the screenshots folder has been emptied out. I cannot find the contents. Where did it all go? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screenshots-after-latest-upgrade/96cce313-051b-4b62-8a3a-6ae1598cd21c
  4. Windows not starting after latest update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows not starting after latest update: So recently my laptop prompted to restart to complete the updates, which I did but after that my windows is not starting or the repair tool is able to fix it. I would share this log file but it won't even boot in safe mode. I've unplugged the external mouse and keyboard as...
  5. Unable to search from start menu after latest update

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to search from start menu after latest update: I updated windows 2 days ago, and now when I press flag and start typing nothing happens. just stays blank. [img] 139868
  6. Start menu inaccessible after latest update

Start menu inaccessible after latest update: I installed an update last night, and I am now running Windows 10 Home, version 1903, OS Build 18362.239. The Start button now does nothing. I always used that access to turn my computer off. How do I fix it? Troubleshooting didn't fix it....
  7. Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu not working after latest forced reboot.: My machine reboot last night, likely due to an update that got pushed out, and now I can no longer click on the start menu. Windows key does not pull it up either. Also, the volume button in the bottom right of the screen, I cannot click on that either. I can right click on...
  8. After latest win UD lost Edge and Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    After latest win UD lost Edge and Start Menu: Folks, My laptop has lost MS EDGE and the start menu. This started after the latest Win updates on 14-Dec. Should I try to restore to an earlier date? or maybe remove the update? Please advise Roger*Huh 72558
  9. Start menu / experience disabled after upgrade to v10..

Start menu / experience disabled after upgrade to v10..: I finally got around to upgrading my daughters ASUS tablet and now for her login, there is no start experience at all...the windows key does nothing unless I hold it and then it pops up the context menu. So unless I teach my 8 year old how to use the RUN prompt to load apps,...
  10. Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Upgrade and Windows 10 start menu: Hello guys, I haven't installed windows 10 yet as I'm waiting for my computer to prompt me to upgrade, it did say something about my Intel drivers were not compatible but that message has now gone but it still is saying the upgrade is on the way. My question is if the...