Windows 10: No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

Discus and support No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the features I really liked in Windows 8/8.1 was the ability to sync the layout of my Start Screen between devices that used the same Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

Read more: No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Jul 21, 2015
  2. webguy 7 Win User

Find "My Apps" in the Windows 10 Store

I am using a Microsoft account to log in.

• User settings and apps ARE synced in Windows 8.1
    • Only User settings are synced in Windows 10.

This is why I have asked the question originally.

Have a look at this link you will see what I am talking about:
    Link

webguy 7, Jul 21, 2015
  3. For a new user account, there's no start menu and no action center

When I create a new user account and sign in to it:

• Nothing happens when I left-click or right-click the Start button--no menu at all.
    • When I try to open the Action Center, nothing happens; it won't open.

So, the new user account is unusable.

This happens when logging in to any new user account I create, not just a particular one.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

Judy Lemke, Jul 21, 2015
  4. No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

Thanks for the info *Smile

I was just thinking today how I could prevent the start menu syncing between my tablet and laptop as they will be used differently.
    Now I know that they won't sync anyway

paulsalter, Jul 21, 2015
  5. Oh good Lord, that's going to be a potential problem for me.... :| That's how I set up new installs of 8.1 on PCs, there's a customized experience I set up to make it nicer to use and showcase what 8.1 was all about. Siiiiiigggghhhh....

Sysprep better not suck on 10. It took me literally three months to figure out how to get File Explorer tiles and other Desktop tiles to stay pinned to Start after a DISM deployment. The solution was a dummy Microsoft Account to sign into, sync the Start Screen and apps, and update all the apps as well.

Coke Robot, Jul 22, 2015
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    I think the option should be for us to decide, especially where apps are concerned.

sygnus21, Jul 22, 2015
  7. EMINENT Win User
    TERRIBLE!

When I saw this on some blogs this morning I immediately went to the feedback app and typed start sync.

Upvoted all the requests for the start sync because it is absolutely ridiculous that they would remove a key feature that helps makethings universal. If people are wanting it different on other machines, give the option to turn it off not remove something that was working perfectly fine on 8.1. That's why there's an on/off setting. Why have a sync menu if there is nothing to sync. Totally dumb move if true.

EMINENT, Jul 22, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

I Know even more people here will be disappointed/angry about this decision. This is why I tell people to always make sure they allow OS/software to send the meta data to the developer. If you checked "No" in CEIP settings in Windows(previous versions) it's your fault something you like is gone. I always allow them access to my meta data:

No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2015
  9. EMINENT Win User
    I've been participating from the beginning. So, totally dumb. Had this setting enabled on both my machines when they were on 8.1.

EMINENT, Jul 22, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Most people turn it off though, the few, like us, that leave it turned on are the only feedback they get, sadly. It's especially the power users and geeks that turn it off, the ones who actually use what gets lost in the end(a generalizing statement, I know).

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2015
  11. I have always had the experience program turned on with my devices and with win 8 happily had it syncing all my start screens between them

with the changes in 10, I will be wanting different start screens and do not want them to sync, tablet mode on tablet and standard start menu on laptop

I do agree an option on this would be best, not just remove the feature

paulsalter, Jul 22, 2015
  12. I turn off syncing Start Screen Tile layouts. If I don't they constantly get shuffled when I go from my laptop to my desktop. Two different sized screens. Syncing installed Apps though I find useful. Leaving the option selectable but the default to off might have been a better option though, IMHO Oh well.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu App

2. Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Add app as a tile to the Start Menu Windows 10: When I click Start, I see an app under "Most used". I want to add the app as a tile to the Start menu. When I right-click it, there is no option to pin it to the Start menu. There is only an option to unpin it.I can I add the app as a tile on the Start menu?...
  3. Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu: the keyboard works fine on other apps, but when related to windows interface it does not worksearchbar,inputting a wifi password etc.. this happened after updating my windows today.im so fed up of windows issues...
  4. Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard not working in Windows 10 Apps + Start Menu: the keyboard works fine on other apps, but when related to windows interface it does not worksearchbar,inputting a wifi password etc.. this happened after updating my windows today.im so fed up of windows issues...
  5. Small App Menu on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Small App Menu on Start Menu: [ATTACH] I have this really small app list on the Start menu, can't adjust it through settings, through a PowerShell command, really struggling - any ideas???...
  6. Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there

Windows 10 Start menu apps there, but not there: I think this occurred after a Window 10 update a few months ago because I had to log in and my PC is set to not time out to a locked screen. After logging in, all of the apps in my start menu, other than the default apps were missing. I read advice in the Microsoft...
  7. Windows 10 start menu shows no app

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 start menu shows no app: [IMG]I don't know what's happening here but when I use my pc, it goes BSOD and says "system service exception" then, after I restart my pc, this problem happens...
  8. Start Menu Apps

Start Menu Apps: I am having problems with Start Menu apps. The display of some apps have this arrow down sign. It says it's maybe updating or installing it ain't. Please help me on how to fix this. Thank you...
  9. Windows 10 start menu and default apps

Windows 10 start menu and default apps: Everytime when i change order or unpin some of default preseted apps on start menu and restart my PC, windows restore start menu order and if i delete those apps he even install them again! How to stop this ? I can't pin any app or to re-oragnize start menu[ATTACH]...
  10. Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps

Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help. When I click on the start button I get the settings icon, all apps, etc, but it does not list any programs. How do I restore the program list when I click on Start? Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 (Build 17134.165) Thanks, Scott...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. start menu sync