Windows 10: No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

Discus and support No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the features I really liked in Windows 8/8.1 was the ability to sync the layout of my Start Screen between devices that used the same Microsoft... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jul 21, 2015.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

Read more: No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 | Windows 10 content from SuperSite for Windows

No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Tip How to Turn On or Off Sync Your Settings in Windows 10

:)

Brink, Jul 21, 2015
  2. webguy 7 Win User

Find "My Apps" in the Windows 10 Store

I am using a Microsoft account to log in.

• User settings and apps ARE synced in Windows 8.1
    • Only User settings are synced in Windows 10.

This is why I have asked the question originally.

Have a look at this link you will see what I am talking about:
    Link

webguy 7, Jul 21, 2015
  3. For a new user account, there's no start menu and no action center

When I create a new user account and sign in to it:

• Nothing happens when I left-click or right-click the Start button--no menu at all.
    • When I try to open the Action Center, nothing happens; it won't open.

So, the new user account is unusable.

This happens when logging in to any new user account I create, not just a particular one.

Could someone please help?

Thank you.

Judy Lemke, Jul 21, 2015
  4. No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10

Thanks for the info *Smile

I was just thinking today how I could prevent the start menu syncing between my tablet and laptop as they will be used differently.
    Now I know that they won't sync anyway

paulsalter, Jul 21, 2015
  5. Oh good Lord, that's going to be a potential problem for me.... :| That's how I set up new installs of 8.1 on PCs, there's a customized experience I set up to make it nicer to use and showcase what 8.1 was all about. Siiiiiigggghhhh....

Sysprep better not suck on 10. It took me literally three months to figure out how to get File Explorer tiles and other Desktop tiles to stay pinned to Start after a DISM deployment. The solution was a dummy Microsoft Account to sign into, sync the Start Screen and apps, and update all the apps as well.

Coke Robot, Jul 22, 2015
  6. sygnus21 Win User
    I think the option should be for us to decide, especially where apps are concerned.

sygnus21, Jul 22, 2015
  7. EMINENT Win User
    TERRIBLE!

When I saw this on some blogs this morning I immediately went to the feedback app and typed start sync.

Upvoted all the requests for the start sync because it is absolutely ridiculous that they would remove a key feature that helps makethings universal. If people are wanting it different on other machines, give the option to turn it off not remove something that was working perfectly fine on 8.1. That's why there's an on/off setting. Why have a sync menu if there is nothing to sync. Totally dumb move if true.

EMINENT, Jul 22, 2015
  8. Cliff S New Member

I Know even more people here will be disappointed/angry about this decision. This is why I tell people to always make sure they allow OS/software to send the meta data to the developer. If you checked "No" in CEIP settings in Windows(previous versions) it's your fault something you like is gone. I always allow them access to my meta data:

No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 [​IMG]

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2015
  9. EMINENT Win User
    I've been participating from the beginning. So, totally dumb. Had this setting enabled on both my machines when they were on 8.1.

EMINENT, Jul 22, 2015
  10. Cliff S New Member
    Most people turn it off though, the few, like us, that leave it turned on are the only feedback they get, sadly. It's especially the power users and geeks that turn it off, the ones who actually use what gets lost in the end(a generalizing statement, I know).

Cliff S, Jul 22, 2015
  11. I have always had the experience program turned on with my devices and with win 8 happily had it syncing all my start screens between them

with the changes in 10, I will be wanting different start screens and do not want them to sync, tablet mode on tablet and standard start menu on laptop

I do agree an option on this would be best, not just remove the feature

paulsalter, Jul 22, 2015
  12. I turn off syncing Start Screen Tile layouts. If I don't they constantly get shuffled when I go from my laptop to my desktop. Two different sized screens. Syncing installed Apps though I find useful. Leaving the option selectable but the default to off might have been a better option though, IMHO Oh well.

alphanumeric, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No Start Menu and App Sync for Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Start Menu App

2. Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 - Start Menu Shows No Apps: Hi All, I am hoping someone can help. When I click on the start button I get the settings icon, all apps, etc, but it does not list any programs. How do I restore the program list when I click on Start? Windows 10 Pro - Version 1803 (Build 17134.165) Thanks, Scott...
  3. Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Antivirus / Windows 10 / Start Menu, Metro Apps, Context menu issues: Hi I wondered if anyone out there has had a similar experience to me... For some weeks now I have had problems where the START MENU wouldn't launch, metro apps (OneDrive, Tweetium, Money, News etc) would fail to launch (just a blank window up), right mouse clicks...
  4. Windows Start Menu and Windows 10 Apps Dont Click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Start Menu and Windows 10 Apps Dont Click: Hi. My start menu on windows 10 cannot click any programs to launch. Also the new settings app. i cannot click anything on that either. I have tried to restart explorer.exe but still doesnt work. Any help would be appreciated 32453
  5. Deleting Apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Deleting Apps in start menu: I deleted a browser a long time ago and, today, when looking for an app I noticed the browswer software was still in apps list in start menu. It would not delete, so did this route and got it. Dont know if this is of any value but thought I'd tell you....
  6. All apps in start menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All apps in start menu: So I just installed the anniversary update and it changed the start menu so it is now showing "All apps", I have browsed the settings but can't seem to figure out how to turn this off... I want to turn off the list that appears to the left that is showing all the crap...
  7. All Apps in Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps in Start Menu: Hi. My computer received what appears to be a large Windows 10 update (many of my settings seemed to have defaulted back). One setting that puzzles me is that when I launch the Start Menu, the "All Apps" menu is expanded instead of the one I had (see the picture below). I...
  8. Start Menu Apps to Desktop?

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Apps to Desktop?: Is there a way to move apps from the Start Menu to folders on the Desktop? I want to put all games that are now tiles in my Start Menu to a Games Folder on my Desktop. 46338
  9. All Apps on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    All Apps on Start Menu: I gotta question. It's not a big deal, but I'm kinda anal. The all apps button on the left edge of the start menu: on my menu it's up at the top of the menu. On every picture I've ever seen, the all apps button is at the bottom left of the menu right above the Start...
  10. Editing The Start Menu Apps

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing The Start Menu Apps: Just a quick solution here rather than a question! I have a number of small system apps that don't have an install, so normally I would just create folders and menus in the Start Menu Apps folder - C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs But Windows 10...