Windows 10: No Start Menu/Cortanta - TiltWheelMouse - Policy Issues

Discus and support No Start Menu/Cortanta - TiltWheelMouse - Policy Issues in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I built my current PC back in September with Windows 10 and I also have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10. The laptop seems fine for now.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Goorilla, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Goorilla Win User

No Start Menu/Cortanta - TiltWheelMouse - Policy Issues

I built my current PC back in September with Windows 10 and I also have a laptop which I upgraded to Windows 10. The laptop seems fine for now.

i7-4790K
    16GB DDR3
    Gigabyte Gaming 7
    R9 Radeon 390
    Windows 10 Home

I'll try to be as clear as possible however I am lacking screenshots etc. If the problem returns, I'll definitely gather the info and post it here.

Yesterday, I turned my PC on and was greeted with no start menu. A dialog box popped up saying Start Menu and Cortana has failed to start. So I went and checked online to see if this was a common problem and apparently it is or was. I reset my PC twice and on the second time the error was gone and the start menu was back without any further issues as of now.

Now this morning, I turned on the PC and another dialog box popped up referring to "TiltWheelMouse.exe...._Onclick error"; I couldn't click anything. Again, I quickly closed the dialog box without gathering more information unfortunately and reset the PC again. And again, the issue is no longer there.

The odd thing is, I thought it may have been related to a windows update, so I pulled it up. Oddly enough, under "Advanced Settings" in Windows Update it says, "Some setting are managed by your organization." This is also under pretty much every other area. I'm assuming this is a policy issue regarding this one. I'm on Win 10 Home so I don't have "gpedit.msc".

And last, a friend of mine recently has had the same issue with the Start Menu and Cortana but his doesn't pop up a dialog. It's just gone. His has been gone for a few days and mine just happened yesterday. He cannot get his back with the "fixes" online regarding it.

I'm just trying to reach out to anyone who may have had the same issue or I'm wondering if this is related to another problem.

I've scanned for Malware etc with no results. I appreciate any feedback regarding this issue. I'm assuming the issue still remains hidden somewhere and will resurface eventually.

:)

Goorilla, Nov 9, 2015

2. Start Menu not open build 10576

That, the start menu dont open, isn't the "critical error", just click on it and wont open.. Cortanta doesn't.. Any suggestions? No Start Menu/Cortanta - TiltWheelMouse - Policy Issues :(

JuaniCastro, Nov 9, 2015
  3. Windows 10 1709 Explorer.exe constantly crashing after login

Issue was custom settings xml file used to configure start menu. Removed group policy setting and issue resolved.

Will Urquhart, Nov 9, 2015
Thema:

No Start Menu/Cortanta - TiltWheelMouse - Policy Issues

1. No Start Menu/Cortanta - TiltWheelMouse - Policy Issues - Similar Threads - Start Menu Cortanta

2. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Customization
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  3. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    group policy start menu folders: OS: windows 10GroupPolicy: Local without domain joinPath to group policy setting: User Configuration/ Administrative Templates / Start Menu and TaskbarSetting name: Remove Documents icon from Start MenuSetting value: EnabledExpectation: In the start menu the small documents...
  4. group policy start menu folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start menu issue: Start menu shows only half of the apps. It is the upper part but no apps or anything in the another half. I cant find my other apps and sometimes it will close automatically in my Windows 10. I have not encounter this kind of issue before and I need help. Restarting wont...
  6. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu issue: [ATTACH] So, I reinstalled Windows 10 again, and the tiles are the same color as the Windows color, not the accent color. For example, accent is blue, the tiles are not blue....
  7. Start Menu Issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issues: I've just completed a clean install of Windows 10 and have been installing my programs, however some of them do show up in the "All Apps" menu until I signout and sign back in again. This is also the case when I try to pin or unpin items to the start menu. Has anyone else...
  8. Start Menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu issue: With the latest update, my start menu changed. Before the apps along the left side menu were under a Title tag "All Apps" but now all the apps are list under alphabet headings. Is there a way to reset the left menu to use the "All Apps" tag? I like the cleaner look. Rod 60273
  9. Start Menu Issue.

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Issue.: Hi, I have been searching for a solution for this issue. I have checked on the Ten Forums, google, and asked friends. No on seems to have the answer unless I am not using the right keywords. I have updated to 10 from 8.1 as well as clean install. Each time this issues comes...
  10. Start menu issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu issue: I upgraded from Windows 7 Home. Somewhere along the line a Windows 8 start menu icon ended up on my desktop. I thought I would click on it and see what it did. It changed the start menu to a very cheap looking Windows 7 start menu. I liked the new Windows 10 start menu and...