Windows 10: No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11

Discus and support No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; When resetting my computer or turning it on for the day and logging into any of my accounts the center taskbar icons fail to load. I did notice the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Edward Munden, Jul 1, 2022.

1. No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11

When resetting my computer or turning it on for the day and logging into any of my accounts the center taskbar icons fail to load. I did notice the left and right-side taskbar function as intended but only the center icons fail to load. In order to remedy this, I have had to sign-out and simply sign back in, but this is a waste of time and if not fixed soon I will be forced to switch back to Windows 10. Please note this does not happen on my laptop running Windows 11 but this bug is limited to my desktop computer. Also, of note I have been encountering a bug with Windows update where the syste

:)

Edward Munden, Jul 1, 2022
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jul 1, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    missing icons in start menu

Hi Wickiwizard,

It is possible that the icon of your apps in Start menu is missing due to a corrupted system files. To provide you the accurate resolution, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Does this happen only with icons in Start menu?
    • What troubleshooting steps you've done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you perform the steps in this
    article
    on how to troubleshoot problems with Start menu or Cortana.

If the issue still persists, we recommend that you follow the suggestion shared by
    Meliton Dec on this thread.
    The given troubleshooting steps will help repair or reset not only missing apps but also lost icon.

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, Jul 1, 2022
  4. psyko12 Win User

No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

Hey guys I need your help fixing the default access icon on the start menu, as far as google searches suggested default user access and all it only fixes the IE icon, but when I chose fire fox to display it's just a globe when clicked on it still displays IE's properties but doesn't start firefox instead. Help please? *Respect :respect:*Cry :cry:

BTW it was not like this before, I just wanted a clean install for my browser.

No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11 [​IMG]

psyko12, Jul 1, 2022
Thema:

No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11

1. No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11 - Similar Threads - start menu icons

2. No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No start menu or other icons after reset - Windows 11: When resetting my computer or turning it on for the day and logging into any of my accounts the center taskbar icons fail to load. I did notice the left and right-side taskbar function as intended but only the center icons fail to load. In order to remedy this, I have had to...
  3. Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu: Hello,I have issue with my Windows 11. When I'm typing application name or folder example "Documents" in start menu it shows correct application and one record without icon. I can't do anything with that without icon record. How I can solve this issue? Preview below....
  4. Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 duplicated icons in start menu: Hello,I have issue with my Windows 11. When I'm typing application name or folder example "Documents" in start menu it shows correct application and one record without icon. I can't do anything with that without icon record. How I can solve this issue? Preview below....
  5. Windows 10 Start Menu Icons missing after resetting Start Menu through Registry Editor.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Start Menu Icons missing after resetting Start Menu through Registry Editor.: I updated my Windows 10 from 1909 to 20H2 today. But it brought some down arrows in start menu. To reset the Start Menu, I used regedit and that reset my Start Menu, but those adware or bloatware Which are likely some games, third party apps shows in Start Menu were missing...
  6. How to reset start menu icons

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to reset start menu icons: [ATTACH] Hi, i just want to know how to reset, or change, the start menu icons that pop up when you make a search, especifically the windows programs, like Groove Music, because they are the old version. They are fine when you pin them to the start menu itself....
  7. How to reset icons on start menu?

How to reset icons on start menu?: I use Windows 10. I deleted too many icons from my start menu, but now I wanna return their. Every time when I reinstall Windows 10, I don't have default icons on start menu, I see only icons which I didn't delete on my last Windows 10. I wanna get default icons on my start...
  8. Windows start menu icons reset suddenly

Windows start menu icons reset suddenly: My start menu stopped working suddenly, so I restarted the computer to fix that. However, now all the icons are reset to factory icons now. I could find an error in my Windows-event log that is related to this: Faulting application name: SearchApp.exe, version:...
  9. Start menu reset after Windows update

Start menu reset after Windows update: Hi, last night my computer installed 3 updates: (1) Cumulative Update for Windows to Version 1809 for x64-based systems (KB4512578); (2) Cumulative Update for .NET Framework 3.5, 4.7.2 and 4.8 for Windows 10 x64 (KB4514601); and (3) Security Update for Adobe Flash Player...
  10. Start menu, Edge, and other programs not opening after Windows 10 reset

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Start menu, Edge, and other programs not opening after Windows 10 reset: I reset Windows 10 in an attempt to make my computer faster. After everything had finished installing, many core programs seem to be disfunctional. The start menu does not open, either by mouse or by the windows button, and the search bar is unresponsive. Edge does not...