Windows 10: No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004?

Discus and support No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; After updating Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to version 2004, the start menu and speaker icon and the notification tab does not respond to left-click, tooltip... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Bluelight82, Oct 25, 2020.

1. No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004?

After updating Windows 10 Pro 64-bit to version 2004, the start menu and speaker icon and the notification tab does not respond to left-click, tooltip seems to work and right-click works, but no interaction using normal left-click or the Windows key on the keyboard.

I have ran System File Checker with no violations.

Why do you create software that is this bad? Everything worked fine before. I'm on a reasonably new high-end computer.

I also had no sound at first and had to log into all my webservices again which is very annoying!
    Do Microsoft want me to use their software or should I stop using Windows?
    When it is this broken and the update is suggested on the settings page it better work!!

:)

Bluelight82, Oct 25, 2020

2. Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004

Start menu transparency -> Windows 10 ver. 2004

I was wondering is there a way to make the background 100%.

I have followed these steps but it doesn't work.

How to Increase the Transparency of Windows 10 Start Menu and Taskbar

I guess it'll work in previous versions.

I know there are programs that do this but I don't want to use any.

ApprehensiveAmo, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Rensouken Win User
    Start menu button not working??

I found this suggestion on this website:

http://www.bidnessetc.com/

I followed these steps and it worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you too:

Step 1: Right-click the Start button and select Command Prompt (Admin) from the context menu.

Step 2: Type Powershell in Command Prompt and press Enter.

Step 3: Paste the following text in the Powershell window and press Enter.

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Wait for the command to run and ignore the red error prompts if they arise. The Start Menu should be operational now.

Rensouken, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Pavan_N Win User

No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004?

Start menu and taskbar not working.

Hi Deva,

Thank you for updating.

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the troubleshooting steps suggested.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana.

Fix problems with the Start menu

Hope the Start menu works after performing the steps suggested. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004?

1. No start menu or other taskbar buttons work after update to Windows 10 version 2004? - Similar Threads - start menu taskbar

2. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  3. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update: As title says it. I cannot access Start Menu, Search, Clock and Calendar settings from the Taskbar. There are plenty of possible fixes, but non of them work, including Powershell commands and regedit edits. I had uninstalled the October's Cumulative Update, but it didn't fix...
  4. Start Menu button and Taskbar are not functional after October Windows 10 Update

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows 10 2004 start menu not working

Windows 10 2004 start menu not working: In Windows 10 2004 update start menu is not working its not opening no matter how many times I click on it I have tried restarting nothing worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-2004-start-menu-not-working/ed2656b3-53d1-4ebc-9886-fc5573943be0
  6. Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update

Start menu not working after Windows 10 2004 update: I can't get programs to run via start menu after Windows 10 2004 update. I can hover over them and select them but then my screen flashes a couple of times and nothing happens....
  7. Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004

Taskbar Is Not Working after updating Windows 10 Version 2004: My taskbar is not working after I update the new windows 10 version 2004. some apps working but search bar and start button and notification icon and WIFI icon also not working when I click those icons. also, I have an update that one also not updated due to some errorSome...
  8. Windows 10 Version-2004 ---start button issue

Windows 10 Version-2004 ---start button issue: Hi , I am unable to open start menu , it is not responding forLeft click whereas it is responding for Right Click. I created an Local account and it is working fine in the New Account, I need this to be fixed in my Old Admin account. I tried searching for TileDataLayer...
  9. Start Menu, Taskbar and other buttons not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Start Menu, Taskbar and other buttons not working: I recently have been getting problems with my Windows 10 PC where the taskbar itself works fine, but clicking on the Start Menu button, volume button or wifi button does absolutely nothing and nothing appears. I'm unable to access any settings because my Start Menu doesn't...
  10. Taskbar buttons and start menu do not work

in Cortana
    Taskbar buttons and start menu do not work: I try to go into my battery life, but it doesn't open the tab. This is the same for: - Network - Windows Defender - "type here to search" - microphone - cortana I recently just reset my surface pro 4 on windows. This only occurred after resetting my laptop they don't...