Windows 10: No Start Menu, Search

Discus and support No Start Menu, Search in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; All, I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by biged, Aug 31, 2015.

1. biged Win User

No Start Menu, Search

All,

I upgraded Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 10 Home. It worked for a couple of days and suddenly there is no Start Menu (Click start and nothing happens) and no Search box (Icon present but nothing happens when clicked). MY machine is slower accessing all menus (Control panel, etc.). I'd prefer not to refresh or reinstall as I have a number of apps installed a little time to fool with it. I've seen many threads on similar issues and wonder if this is a Microsoft issue or my issue. I'd appreciate some direction here.

Thanks.

:)

biged, Aug 31, 2015

2. No Taskbar , no Start Menu, no Start Button no Search Box in my desktop

Hello Bergen,

I realize that the Desktop has no Start button, taskbar or the search box in Windows. We will help you.

• Are you facing this issue after any recent update installed?
    • Are you facing this issue in any other user accounts?
    • Did you make any changes prior to the issue?
    This issue might have caused due to some system files damaged or corrupted in Windows.

Let's try the below Steps and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Method 1: Check if the issue resolves in
    Safe Mode.

Safe mode loads only minimal set of drivers and applications which helps you rectify the issue.

Refer this article to boot to safe mode

Method 2: Perform a
    clean boot and check if the issue persists.

To disable all non-Microsoft services consult the article called Clean Boot.

Follow: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: A clean boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update
    or when you run a program in Windows. You may also troubleshoot or determine what conflict is causing the problem by performing a clean boot.

Disclaimer: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting"

Method 3: I suggest you to
    try creating a new user account and check if issue persists.

Click on the below link to check how to create new user account in Windows 10

Microsoft Support link: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/create-a-local-user-account-in-windows-10

Note: Install all the pending updates after logging in to Microsoft account and check.

Keep us informed if the taskbar and start menu issue is resolved. We are glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Aug 31, 2015
  3. No Taskbar , no Start Menu, no Start Button no Search Box in my desktop

All I have is my Desk Top. there is no Task Bar, no Start Menu, no Start Button no Search Box, no nothing. I have my Desk Top. If I want to shut down my Computer I will have to force it. I have no access to any of the above. I'm lost. Can someone help?
    Thank you.

ErnieBergen, Aug 31, 2015
Thema:

No Start Menu, Search

1. No Start Menu, Search - Similar Threads - Start Menu Search

2. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  3. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search menu covering start menu: After I updated my windows the other day. I can no longer have access on my start menu. Whenever I hit the sortvut key the search menu will cover the start menu completely please help...
  4. Search menu covering start menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Search not starting from start menu

in Cortana
    Search not starting from start menu: Hi,I recently started using my laptop after not using it for a while and the search doesn't seem to be working anymore.Normally to search I hit the windows key and start typing, the search results load in immediately.Now I hit the windows key and start typing, nothing happens...
  6. Search menu covering start menu.

Search menu covering start menu.: Hi there, After I updated my windows the other day, I can no longer accsess my start menu. When I either click the windows key on my keyboard, or press the button on the taskbar, the search menu opens at the same time and covers teh start menu. I have reinstalled my...
  7. Search in start menu

in Cortana
    Search in start menu: Hi. I have recently switched from my windows 10 PC to my windows 10 laptop. I don't know of any software differences, so I do not know what may be the cause. When using my windows pc, I often quickly open the start menu to search something up by just starting to type in the...
  8. Start menu covered by search

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start menu covered by search: [ATTACH] I would appreciate help with a problem I accidentally created. I decided to do this registry tweak https://news.softpedia.com/news/how-to-try-out-the-rounded-corners-ui-in-windows-10-version-1903-526546.shtml. After I restarted my computer the start menu was...
  9. Search menu on top of start menu

Search menu on top of start menu: [ATTACH] After updating to the latest version of windows 10 2004 through windows update, every time I open the menu the search menu opens on top. Does anybody know what is going on, and how to solve this bug?...
  10. Start Menu Search

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Search: Greetings, When I search with the start menu open after the recent major update it opens a new window. This is atrocious and I want the searching to take place inside the start menu. Is this at all possible? Thanks in advance // 139419