Windows 10: No startup settings in recovery menu

Discus and support No startup settings in recovery menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer is working properly, but I'm trying to boot into safe mode for something. I used the normal method (shift+click on Restart in the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaindil, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Vaindil Win User

No startup settings in recovery menu

My computer is working properly, but I'm trying to boot into safe mode for something. I used the normal method (shift+click on Restart in the start menu), and that brought me to the recovery options, but I have no startup settings to be able to choose safe mode. How do I get these back in the menu? I can do whatever is necessary, like I said Windows is working properly right now.

No startup settings in recovery menu [​IMG]

:)

Vaindil, Dec 10, 2019

2. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 10, 2019
  4. No startup settings in recovery menu

Startup Settings not showing up

Hello,

Thank you for posting your issue in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are not able to get the settings option in recovery environment from Window Startup. We will be happy to assist you with this issue.

We suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to get the Startup settings option.

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key
      down while you select Power
      No startup settings in recovery menu [​IMG]
      >
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

No startup settings in recovery menu

1. No startup settings in recovery menu - Similar Threads - startup settings recovery

2. Startup settings are missing.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup settings are missing.: I was trying to install a driver for Wii remotes using this guide. I went to where it said startup settings would be but it's not there. I can grab a picture in a bit if anybody in comments needs, but the button is missing. Does anybody know how to fix this? submitted by...
  3. Update twice on startup menu?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Update twice on startup menu?: Hi, Just as mention.Are double update on startup normal? Thank you. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/update-twice-on-startup-menu/8c1a40df-1684-4fcb-b8b7-bacc5bda21c4"
  4. Boot menu @ startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot menu @ startup: How to stop boot menu @ startup in windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/boot-menu-startup/9d13da18-285d-4fdb-9fd3-607cf4cf1fe5
  5. No recovery options start from advanced startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No recovery options start from advanced startup menu: hello everyone, I just ran into this problem after I opened my computer case, I did not damage anything or replace anything, I simply just took off my computer case and put it back on. But it took me straight to the boot menu. I have tried every single option and online...
  6. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  7. Settings/Apps/Startup

in Windows 10 News
    Settings/Apps/Startup: So far, I have found nothing about this: In that location, several of my apps have two or three entries, even though none of them have more than one app running. Why the multiple entries? 119187
  8. Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 startup menu, taskbar functions, and settings won't open.: Hello! My Windows 10's startup menu (windows button also), taskbar functions (wifi, battery, sound, people, search, time, notification buttons, even alt tab, and and probably some other stuff), and settings suddenly wouldn't open. I've tried a lot of solutions that worked...
  9. Placing program into startup menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Placing program into startup menu?: I'd like to place my Logitech Setpoint.exe into the startup menu. How? 63519
  10. startup menu failure

in Windows 10 Support
    startup menu failure: My startup menu is longer available. I click on the windows icon or hit that key and nothing happens. Consequently, I have lost access to some features and have to go through a bunch of other steps even to open documents. Has anyone else had this problem? I talked to the...