Windows 10: No startup settings in recovery menu

Discus and support No startup settings in recovery menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; My computer is working properly, but I'm trying to boot into safe mode for something. I used the normal method (shift+click on Restart in the start... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Vaindil, Dec 10, 2019.

1. Vaindil Win User

No startup settings in recovery menu

My computer is working properly, but I'm trying to boot into safe mode for something. I used the normal method (shift+click on Restart in the start menu), and that brought me to the recovery options, but I have no startup settings to be able to choose safe mode. How do I get these back in the menu? I can do whatever is necessary, like I said Windows is working properly right now.

No startup settings in recovery menu [​IMG]

:)

Vaindil, Dec 10, 2019

2. Cannot launch Settings on startup menu

Hi Luky,

Thank you for posting your reply.

I suggest you to perform a Startup Repair by following the steps below.

• In the Lock screen, press/hold the shift key and click on power icon>restart.
    • Click on Troubleshoot>Advanced Options>Startup Repair and follow the prompts to start the Startup Repair.
    After the Startup Repair is complete, check for the status.

Regards

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Avedis53 Win User
    Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Dec 10, 2019
  4. No startup settings in recovery menu

Startup Settings not showing up

Hello,

Thank you for posting your issue in Microsoft Community.

We understand that you are not able to get the settings option in recovery environment from Window Startup. We will be happy to assist you with this issue.

We suggest you to try the below steps and check if you are able to get the Startup settings option.

• Restart your PC. When you get to the sign-in screen, hold the Shift key
      down while you select Power
      No startup settings in recovery menu [​IMG]
      >
      Restart.

• After your PC restarts to the Choose an option screen, select
      Troubleshoot
      > Advanced options >
      Startup Settings.

Let us know if it helps. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

No startup settings in recovery menu

1. No startup settings in recovery menu - Similar Threads - startup settings recovery

2. Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen: Here's what I did in order windows 10Held shift and selected restart in the start menuScreen said please wait... and booted up the recovery screenI selected Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings, then clicked RestartAfter restarting, it just had a black...
  3. Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen: Here's what I did in order windows 10Held shift and selected restart in the start menuScreen said please wait... and booted up the recovery screenI selected Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings, then clicked RestartAfter restarting, it just had a black...
  4. Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen: Here's what I did in order windows 10Held shift and selected restart in the start menu Screen said please wait... and booted up the recovery screenI selected Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings, then clicked RestartAfter restarting, it just had a black...
  5. Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Selecting Startup settings in a recovery reboot causes a black screen: Here's what I did in order windows 10Held shift and selected restart in the start menu Screen said please wait... and booted up the recovery screenI selected Troubleshoot, then Advanced Options, then Startup Settings, then clicked RestartAfter restarting, it just had a black...
  6. Startup App in menu settings is missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Startup App in menu settings is missing in Windows 11: Hello, I tried everything I could find online for this issue and nothing worked I have my file and apps just the way I want them and I hate to lose them if I do a reset. Can you help me find the solution to this problem? I know a few others have experienced this issue as well...
  7. Startup App in menu settings is missing in Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Startup App in menu settings is missing in Windows 11: Hello, I tried everything I could find online for this issue and nothing worked I have my file and apps just the way I want them and I hate to lose them if I do a reset. Can you help me find the solution to this problem? I know a few others have experienced this issue as well...
  8. Help at Startup recovery

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Help at Startup recovery: Those from nvidia told me to enable or disable the gpu hardware acceleration and thanks to that, my windows will not boot and I meet up with startup recovery and I don't know how long it takes this to fix but I also got another BSOD something with...
  9. Advanced Startup Settings Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Advanced Startup Settings Menu: I am unable to see the option boot from a device or usb in the advanced startup settings from reset this pc in settings. It only shows:- 1. exit and continue to windows 10 2. trouble shoot 3. turn off your pc I am not able to see "start with a device" in it Even in the...
  10. No recovery options start from advanced startup menu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    No recovery options start from advanced startup menu: hello everyone, I just ran into this problem after I opened my computer case, I did not damage anything or replace anything, I simply just took off my computer case and put it back on. But it took me straight to the boot menu. I have tried every single option and online...