Windows 10: No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc

Discus and support No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Since last year’s major update, my desktop has hung during bootup about half of the time. Automatic Repair has run hundreds of times with no result... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by john999, Mar 29, 2019.

1. john999 Win User

No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc

Since last year’s major update, my desktop has hung during bootup about half of the time. Automatic Repair has run hundreds of times with no result other than delay. Once into Windows it has worked fine.

Today after a normal bootup, a white screen appeared. I could move the cursor but could not do anything else.

I rebooted and got a black screen. Automatic Repair has run several times without results.

I would like to boot into Safe Mode, but there is no Startup Settings option in the Advanced Options screen that follows Troubleshoot. The options are (left column) System Restore, Go back to previous version & System Image Recovery and (right column) Startup Repair, Command Prompt & UEFI Firmware Settings.

When I choose Command Prompt, it says:

version 10.0.17134.1
    Not enough memory resources are available to process this command.
    x:\Sources

I have tried System Restore and Startup Repair. I tried to boot from a USB drive of Windows 10 iso build 1803 & got a blue screen instead of a black screen.

Motherboard is an Asus Z77 with 16gb ram. C drive is a SSD.

I would appreciate your advice.

John

:)

john999, Mar 29, 2019
  2. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Mar 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Mar 29, 2019
  4. No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc

Stuck on Advanced Startup Troubleshooting Options/Settings Windows 10

Hi, I'm asking for a friend. Earlier, his computer was stuck in an infinite Automatic Repair loop, so we disabled Automatic Repair through Command Prompt from Advanced Startup Options, turned off his computer, and turned it back on. Then, he ran into a blue
    screen, titled "Recovery", with error code 0x0000225 for file \WINDOWS\system32\config\system. From this screen, there are three listed options:

• Pressing "Enter" does nothing
    • Pressing "Esc" brings up the "Please wait" message and to the "Troubleshooting" screen
    • Pressing F8 brings up Startup Settings. Hooray!
    But here's the catch: all 10 of the startup settings (e.g., enable debugging, boot logging, safe modes, disable malware, etc.) simply sends his computer back to the Recovery screen that lists the error code 0x000025.

From the Troubleshooting screen to Advanced Options, he can't reset his PC because there isn't enough room on his disk. He can't system restore because he doesn't have any restore points. He can't load System Image Recovery, Startup Repair, Command Prompt,
    Startup Settings, or "Go back to the previous version", because he does not have Administrator rights. He can't sign in as an Administrator because "there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC".

He also tried inserting a Windows 7 disc out of desperation, but lo and behold: "Code 5: Cannot boot from disk".

In essence, his PC was permanently stuck on Automatic Repair, and now his PC is stuck on the Advanced Startup Settings/Options/Troubleshooting/Recovery screens. What can he do to rescue his computer from this unfortunate dilemma?

P.S. He runs only Window Defender, so anti-malware software should not be an issue.

Friday Sky, Mar 29, 2019
Thema:

No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc

1. No Startup Settings option in Troubleshoot after boot to black sc - Similar Threads - Startup Settings option

2. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???: My laptop has stopped booting. I have tried to reset it but there is no reset option! Anyone no where I can find it??Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-reset-option-in-the-boot/ef9b877c-c5c9-4ae4-a4d1-d4e34f5aea45
  3. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???: My laptop has stopped booting. I have tried to reset it but there is no reset option! Anyone no where I can find it??Please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-isnt-there-a-reset-option-in-the-boot/ef9b877c-c5c9-4ae4-a4d1-d4e34f5aea45
  4. Why isn't there a reset option in the boot troubleshooter???

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Startup settings black screen

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Startup settings black screen: Hey everyone! I get black screen everytime i want to access startup settings. What's wrong? Also, i dont have a lockscreen anymore, when i start my pc, i get the password box screen immediately. Before i had to hit a spacebar. submitted by /u/ben_aloha [link] [comments]...
  6. STARTUP TROUBLESHOOTING

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    STARTUP TROUBLESHOOTING: Hi! Help me pls. After opening my laptop its asking me to choose an option. Its either troubleshoot or turn off your laptop. If i choose turnoff its still the same nothing happen. Itried the advance option "startup repair", "system restore", "uninstall updates" and "system...
  7. No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No advanced options in troubleshoot settings.: I installed Xubuntu but would now like to remove it. I hit restart while holding the shift key but when I click on troubleshoot there is only Startup Settings. Why? And how do I fix this submitted by /u/GuidonBedon [link] [comments]...
  8. Startup boot to black screen

Startup boot to black screen: ive recently built a new computer and installed windows 10 from the usb media however after a day or so the computer will boot to a black screen several times before give the C:\windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrialtxt error message. I have tried just about everything when I...
  9. Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options

Unable to Boot Windows Stuck on Troubleshooting Options: Hey, Recently updated Windows 10, now starting up I get this screen: [img] No option to continue to desktop, clicking on 'Troubleshoot' I get this: [img] 'System Restore' gives me "To use System Restore, you must specify which Windows installation to restore....
  10. LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    LOST troubleshooting option, advanced settings: Ok, this is one of the reasons I REALLY hate Windows 10. When I go to the RECOVERY menu get to ADVANCED SETTINGS the only option is to RESTART NOW.......there is NO SUB-MENU to choose USB BOOT, NO CD BOOT, no option to boot into UEFI...ETC....how do I fix???? 28657