Windows 10: No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

Discus and support No Startup Sound at boot from cold start. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be? Thank you. 131275 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by JJG10, Apr 21, 2019.

1. JJG10 Win User

No Startup Sound at boot from cold start.

Whenever I do a restart boot I get the Windows Startup sound. If I boot from Shutdown I do not get it. Is this the way it should be?

Thank you.

:)

JJG10, Apr 21, 2019
  2. Rivergoat Win User

Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

I'm running Threshold 2 of Win10. It seems the Startup Sound is working again. Previously, even checked it would only play intermittently on a warm boot, not a cold one. Now it seems to work all the time. There is a 3rd party app that lets you change the Startup Sound to whatever you want, without you having to go through the hack steps.

The Exit Windows sound is another matter. Even enabled via the Registry and reappearing in the Sound list, selecting a sound for that does not make it play at shutdown.

Rivergoat, Apr 21, 2019
  3. Logoff, Logon, shutdown, restart, startup sounds not playing

Do you have a link to download the threshold 2?

georgioumarios, Apr 21, 2019
  4. Avedis53 Win User

Can't get GPU-Z to start with Windows 8.1 startup

I'm not sure how to do that. Could you list the steps for a noob?

Avedis53, Apr 21, 2019
Thema:

1. No Startup Sound at boot from cold start. - Similar Threads - Startup Sound boot

2. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  3. Cold boot BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cold boot BSOD: Everyday at startup I get a BSOD. This only happens once and then never for the duration the pc is on. The BSOD errors sometimes vary but this is a analyzed dump file from a recent one:******************************************************************************** **...
  4. Black screen after booting from a cold boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after booting from a cold boot: Hey guys, so whenever I boot my pc especially from a cold state, the pc post, and boots and I get a black screen after loading the icon in the bios. Both my mouse and keyboard don't work and the cursor won't show up. Only RGB lightning works and when I press caps lock or num...
  5. Bsod on cold startup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bsod on cold startup: Hello I think i have exactly the same issue with the post below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bsod-on-first-startup/457cd964-c734-4f81-914d-463d1d7ead3c But i don't see how this issue was solved, if it was. Is there a way to send pm to the...
  6. Unmountable boot volume on Cold boot, But reboot and it starts fine

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Unmountable boot volume on Cold boot, But reboot and it starts fine: After my computer has been off overnight maybe 6 hours when I turn it back on it will just sit at the windows loading screen and after 5min it will blue screen with "unmountable boot volume" But the problem is If I reboot or shut off and turn back on it boots right into...
  7. Sound only works on cold boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound only works on cold boot: Hello, I have an awesome Dell laptop running the latest version of Windows 10 that I have had for a couple of years now. I have had this issue since I bought the laptop and have never been able to get the issue resolved. When I cold boot the computer, sound works fine....
  8. Cold boot issues

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cold boot issues: Hello, i have this issue on one PC that I've installed windows 10 and it doesn't boot properly. It goes to the windows logo part then it hangs for a bit before shutting itself down , then i need to power it on again and it will boot after a while. It also creates massive...
  9. Cold Start Freeze

in Windows 10 Support
    Cold Start Freeze: When performing a cold start, the windows logo appears but nothing happens. If I reboot (Hold in the start button) and wait a few seconds, then repress the start button, Windows-10 loads. Why is this? 24306
  10. NumLock status at logon from cold boot

in Windows 10 Support
    NumLock status at logon from cold boot: Hi all, bit of a weird one here. I chose to log in use the PIN option. I like typing with the num pad. At the log on screen Num Lock was always off. 1. Checked the BIOS settings: Ensured that the NumLock status in the BIOS was set to enabled 2. Modified the...