Windows 10: No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

Discus and support No "stereo mix" option in sound settings in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nelson Alex, Aug 7, 2019.

1. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

I was going to make a linux virtual machine using VMware. That was easy, however, in the virual machine, when I tried to play audio, it wouldn't work. I searched for some solutions and they said to enable stereo mix in the sound settings. However when I went to my settings, I couldn't see anything called "stereo mix". Is there any way that I can enable stereo mix?

:)

Nelson Alex, Aug 7, 2019
  2. thepipe Win User

No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel

I used to be able to select Stereo Mix under the Recording tab in the Sound control panel but it's no longer there. I checked to be sure all devices, including disabled ones, are displayed, but that wasn't the problem. I also checked to be sure I'm running the latest drivers. I'm using a new laptop and it has more audio devices than my old laptop, so I'm not sure if this impacts the situation. All are working properly, according to the device manager. Just to be sure, I went to Realtek's website and downloaded the latest version for my x64 system and installed it. The result was no sound at all (EEK!), so I did a driver rollback and things went back to the way they were - normal audio, but still no stereo mix.
    I also checked the sound section under System Settings. When I click the popup menu under input, Microphone Array is the only option listed there. I did a little research and saw something about Microsoft intentionally removing the Stereo Mix/Wave Out Mix option from its drivers. I'm running the latest May 2019 update, so perhaps this is the case?
    My ultimate goal is to use the Snagit screen capture utility to record a a video (with sound) of a game I'm playing so I can send to a friend. Snagit is configured properly, but it still captures the microphone input - as well as some kind of distortion. Audio from the microphone is also poor. I know there are workarounds, such as Virtual Audio Cable and Stereo Mix Plus, but I don't know about the bona fides of these apps and I'd prefer to solve the problem with my existing software/drivers - if that's possible. If not, I'll consider workarounds. Anyone have any ideas? TIA for any help.
    Apologies if this is a duplicate post. I did a search for "stereo mix" and found nothing.

No "stereo mix" option in sound settings [​IMG]

thepipe, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Stereo Mix

Hi Nicholas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

Try the following steps to enable the stereo mix and check if that help.

a) Right click on the audio icon in your system tray and select “Recording Devices” to open the Recording device settings in the “Sound” window.

b) In the pane, right-click on a blank area, and make sure both “View Disabled Devices” and “View Disconnected Devices” options are checked. You should be able to see the “Stereo Mix” option appearing.

c) Right-click on “Stereo Mix” and click “Enable” to be able to use it.

This should enable the “Stereo Mix” on Windows

Method 2:

If the issue persists then I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the sounds card driver and check if it helps.

• Right Click on Start, Select Device Manager.

• Find and double-click the category of device whose driver you wish to uninstall.

• Right-click the device, and click Uninstall.

• Windows will prompt you to confirm the device’s removal. Click
      OK to remove the driver.

• After the uninstallation is complete, reboot your computer as soon as possible

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further. Thank you.

Anju Thekkethil, Aug 7, 2019
  4. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

Stereo Mix

How can I get stereo mix back as it appears my windows 10 laptop has conexant smart Audio HD ( LenovoZ50) which I do not like. I am aware the sound card does not of itself support stereo mix.

Any suggestions please?

JohnCooling1, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

No "stereo mix" option in sound settings

1. No "stereo mix" option in sound settings - Similar Threads - stereo mix option

2. STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND

in Windows 10 Gaming
    STEREO MIX NOT PICKING UP SOUND: Hi I have recently got a new desktop gaming pc, I use 2 pcs to record gameplay via elgato and every pc before this I never had a issue with stereo mix NOT working, I have reinstalled drivers twice and reseat to defaults multiple times and stereo mix will not pick up audio...
  3. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  4. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stereo Mix not picking up sound: I've been trying to get stereo mix working on my windows 10 computer and it exists in the panel but it wont pick up any sound. I tried enabling and disabling other devices, adjusting levels, unplugging and plugging in headphones, cameras, microphones ext. as advised by...
  5. Stereo Mix not picking up sound

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Stereo mix not recording, no sound pickup?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo mix not recording, no sound pickup?: Hello. I got new laptop HP pavilion 15. and Stereo mix not picking up any audio, but microphone array picking up. is there any solution? is there any adventage using stereo mix than micrphone array? (but i still want to working stereo mix :P ) https://imgur.com/a/KWGBzBh...
  7. no connexant stereo mix option

no connexant stereo mix option: I need to record some captures with sound but I don't see stero mix option under sound properties. How can I enable it so I can choose that option inside capture program. Laptop has some Connexant audio card. 168933
  8. Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Stereo Mix not playing system sounds?: My "Stereo Mix" doesn't appear to have any sound coming through it. I enabled it in my sound devices, set its level to 100, but I'm not able to listen/record to any of my system sounds through it. Any ideas? submitted by /u/goose_ws [link] [comments]...
  9. No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel

in Windows 10 Support
    No Stereo Mix In Sound Control Panel: I used to be able to select Stereo Mix under the Recording tab in the Sound control panel but it's no longer there. I checked to be sure all devices, including disabled ones, are displayed, but that wasn't the problem. I also checked to be sure I'm running the latest drivers....
  10. [SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.

[SOUND] Issues with the Stereo Mix.: The Stereo Mix is activated but it records no sounds. When i press "listen the device" and i choose a exit device i hear nothing. There is also no green bar at the left of the icon when playing media on the computer. All seems ok in the properties "This device works...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no stereo mix in audio settings