Windows 10: No Store, no live tiles a few days after installing the 1/10/17 update

Discus and support No Store, no live tiles a few days after installing the 1/10/17 update in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I installed the 1/10/17 update and things seemed to be OK..A couple of days later, opening programs got very slow. After a few days and some system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bobwski, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Bobwski Win User

No Store, no live tiles a few days after installing the 1/10/17 update

I installed the 1/10/17 update and things seemed to be OK..A couple of days later, opening programs got very slow. After a few days and some system restarts, things seemed ok. Then one day I shut down the computer and the Windows store is missing. I didn't often use the live tiles, but these disappeared too. The icons were on the left side of the display when I left-clicked the Windows icon (on the taskbar), but they all said "New" under them. I could run WSreset.eve, which brought up the Store and all the icons but it wouldn't drop onto the taskbar. If I installed a new game from the Windows store it would play and it appeared on the taskbar and I could save it there. However the existing game I was playing previously (Farmville2:Country Escape) did not show on the taskbar. I tried several of the icons on the left side and most ran OK except for Photo Gallery which gave me an 0x8007045b error (Microsoft 2005 SQL Server Compact Edition is missing). I uninstalled the 1/10/17 Update KB3213986 and re-installed it but still no live tiles and no Windows Store and no Photo Gallery. I usually ran the computer from the desktop (I don't use the live tiles very often since I'm on a desktop), and except for thes problems it appears to be running well. Also ran SFC/scannow from the Command Prompt (admin) which showed NO corrupted files. Anyone got any suggestions??

:)

Bobwski, Jan 18, 2017
  2. RoyceFu Win User

windows phone 8 lumia 920 live tiles not updating

Well opening all apps listed in Background Tasks>Advanced and turning off Live Tiles when applicable seems to be the only solution. After many months of working live tiles mine stopped a few days ago. I didnt install anything new that day but had some
    app updates from the Windows Store. The updates must have turned the live tiles on. Its a HIGHLY ANNOYING fix but good to know at least there is a fix.

RoyceFu, Jan 18, 2017
  3. live tile is not updating

I own lumia 510. In my phone live tiles are not updating. A few backs back i got an update for software it is os version 7.10.866. After installing the update live tiles started updating for a few days and the problem repeated again. Live tile not updating.
    what should i do now. It is so irritating to use such applications and phone which ate not updating. Can u help me?

karthik Dechiraju, Jan 18, 2017
  4. No Store, no live tiles a few days after installing the 1/10/17 update

Welcome to the TenForums @Bobwski

While you uninstalled the cumulative update there were other updates. I would suggest that you do a system restore to a date before January 10th and then do the updates again. Before doing the updates and after restoring, run the Update Trouble Shooter.

Type troubleshooting in the Cortana search bar, troubleshooting appears at top.
    Click it, window opens, lower right side "Fix problems with Windows Update", click.
    Window opens, click on “advance”, click on Run as administrator, click “Next”.
    Should run clean. If not run again.

Before doing any of this please check update history and ensure nothing repeatedly failed and see if any hardware drivers were loaded in the last couple of weeks.

Caledon Ken, Jan 19, 2017
Thema:

No Store, no live tiles a few days after installing the 1/10/17 update

1. No Store, no live tiles a few days after installing the 1/10/17 update - Similar Threads - Store live tiles

2. All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.: Hi,I run windows 11, and use explorer patcher to fix the problem with the start menu. I just had an update done yesterday and all my apps from windows store have diseappeared from the start menu.This includes all the stock apps calc, notes, recorder, maps, weather, windows...
  3. All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All Microsoft Store tiles / live tiles gone from start menu after update.: Hi,I run windows 11, and use explorer patcher to fix the problem with the start menu. I just had an update done yesterday and all my apps from windows store have diseappeared from the start menu.This includes all the stock apps calc, notes, recorder, maps, weather, windows...
  4. Microsoft Store Live Tile

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Store Live Tile: When will microsoft if ever sort out the store tile not going live. It has been months since it stopped going live and i have seen no comments from microsoft, only comments from independant advisers / scammers with surgestions which in all honestly do not work. Has microsoft...
  5. Microsoft Store tile not live

Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  6. Microsoft Store tile not live

in Windows 10 Support
    Microsoft Store tile not live: I have been looking for a solution to this issue for some months, I hope someone here might be able to help. Some months ago, my Windows store tile stopped being live. The tile (and the store) functions perfectly in that I can use it to download and purchase new apps. It's...
  7. Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’

Live tile on store app no longer ‘live’: So yesterday evening / early hours (UK) time the ms store app received an update. It all works ok in aftermath except on every single machine we own the tile pinned to start menu is no longer live. Just the store icon now. We tried turning live tile off and on several times...
  8. Live tiles not updating

in Windows 10 Customization
    Live tiles not updating: Live tiles do not update for several days - is this a known problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_menu/live-tiles-not-updating/42c8dbff-1ada-4b95-83d2-d0a1ed49e047
  9. tile live updates

tile live updates: For some reason not all my apps are updating live like they should be. Like my cnn app; and the sports app that came with 10 already installed as well as the money app and Im sure there are some others Im missing right now. Are these known issues that still exist; or should i...
  10. Store Live Tile Not Working

Store Live Tile Not Working: Either doesn't work or works intermittently. Any ideas? 23218