Windows 10: "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

Discus and support "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mimyr, Jun 30, 2018.

1. mimyr Win User

"No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I shouldn't have done at the same time) and suddenly I couldn't run any apps. Whenever I attempt to launch anything either by double clicking or running it from the run dialogue (e.g. cmd.exe) it states "No such interface supported." It's very bizarre because some stuff works, such as Edge if I launch Edge from the toolbar, and Settings works, but I get that very same error if I try to launch anything else such as the task manager or, as previously stated, command prompt. I can't open Windows Explorer normally, although if I click "browse" from the run dialogue I can.

If I try to use startup repair tools, I'm faced with the message "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC." Which is bizarre, because there are administrator accounts, and I can sign into them. So I can't system restore, I can't reset/refresh the PC, nothing. I can't even enter command prompt from startup.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening? I'mm guessing that the computer is just hosed and that I need to reinstall the OS at this point. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my data on the disk, it's just the OS that is corrupted.

:)

mimyr, Jun 30, 2018
  2. luwms Win User

error occurred while attempting to burn. error 0x80004002: no such interface supported.

After Windows 10 update tried to burn cd using windows overdrive burn wizard, received following: an error occurred while attempting to burn. Error details: Unable to create synchronous Reader. Error 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Any advice?

luwms, Jun 30, 2018
  3. "No such interface supported error"

I came home to my wife showing me this error " explorer.exe no such interface supported" Any thoughts.
    I win 7 pro

NumberCruncher, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything - Similar Threads - such interface supported

2. 0x8007001F - 0x20006 Error When Attempting to Install Culmulative Build

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    0x8007001F - 0x20006 Error When Attempting to Install Culmulative Build: There was an unstable WiFi connection, and this build did not install the Culmulative Build properly. Further attempts to update also failed There are no third-party anti-virus software installed. The Error Message included: The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase...
  3. Error 0x800F0922 when attempting to update Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 0x800F0922 when attempting to update Windows 10: Hey guys, My computer is set to update automatically and up until this update I haven't had any issues updating, but with this when I try to update, it seems to get installed, then my computer is restarted and when it reaches 92% on the blue "updating" screen it gets stuck...
  4. Critical Error When Attempting To Create A System Restore Point

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Critical Error When Attempting To Create A System Restore Point: Whenever I try to create a restore point I receive the following message: "There was an unexpected error in the property page: Catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) Please close the property page and try again." Closing the System Properties and reopening it generates the...
  5. no such interface supported

in Browsers and Email
    no such interface supported: When using PROJECT SPARTAN and I go to a website such as Pinterest, or others for that matter, and want to download a picture...I get an error that says no such interface supported. Any help is appreciated! 6896
  6. Page not found error when attempting to check for updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Page not found error when attempting to check for updates: I am trying to check for updates or even change my windows update settings in Windows 10. However, anytime I attempt to navigate to the windows update area it says, Page not found, refresh the page. The error code is 0x00000005, in case you need it. It seems to open up the...
  7. Can't run anything as admin

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't run anything as admin: I updated from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now I can't run anything as administrator. I just receive File system error (-1073741819) The annoying thing about the problem is that it means I can't actually run cmd in order to run sfc /scannow - although I did manage to run...
  8. Can't run anything as adminstrator

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't run anything as adminstrator: When I try to run any program as an adminstrator an this error pops up: [img] it says This app can't run on your PC to find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher. 93554
  9. What is blocking most of my attempts to do anything?

in Windows 10 Support
    What is blocking most of my attempts to do anything?: Firstly I can no longer open cards from Jacque Lawson,as it tells me I do not have required Flash Player,I have made sure in Edge that Adobe is switched on.Now I have joined Win 10 forum,if I click on the solution to this problem,all I get is a blank page.I am missing all my...
  10. need support for error window when shutdown cant do anything.

in Windows 10 Support
    need support for error window when shutdown cant do anything.: so every time i shutdown or restart the computer there is a window that pops up and dissapears.. is there something i can do to check what error this is? clean reinstalled a week ago. and just installed what i wanted to use not more not less. then idk why this error...