"No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

Discus and support "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mimyr, Jun 30, 2018.

1. mimyr Win User

Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I shouldn't have done at the same time) and suddenly I couldn't run any apps. Whenever I attempt to launch anything either by double clicking or running it from the run dialogue (e.g. cmd.exe) it states "No such interface supported." It's very bizarre because some stuff works, such as Edge if I launch Edge from the toolbar, and Settings works, but I get that very same error if I try to launch anything else such as the task manager or, as previously stated, command prompt. I can't open Windows Explorer normally, although if I click "browse" from the run dialogue I can.

If I try to use startup repair tools, I'm faced with the message "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC." Which is bizarre, because there are administrator accounts, and I can sign into them. So I can't system restore, I can't reset/refresh the PC, nothing. I can't even enter command prompt from startup.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening? I'mm guessing that the computer is just hosed and that I need to reinstall the OS at this point. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my data on the disk, it's just the OS that is corrupted.

:)

mimyr, Jun 30, 2018
  2. luwms Win User

error occurred while attempting to burn. error 0x80004002: no such interface supported.

After Windows 10 update tried to burn cd using windows overdrive burn wizard, received following: an error occurred while attempting to burn. Error details: Unable to create synchronous Reader. Error 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Any advice?

luwms, Jun 30, 2018
  3. NumberCruncher Win User
    "No such interface supported error"

I came home to my wife showing me this error " explorer.exe no such interface supported" Any thoughts.
    I win 7 pro

NumberCruncher, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything - Similar Threads - such interface supported

2. Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft is updating old Skype app on Windows with new interface: Microsoft recently announced a major update for Skype UWP app on Windows 10, bringing new features and refinements. Microsoft today in a blog post announced that the old classic Skype is also receiving a new update with similar changes and improved interface. If you’re still...
  3. Interfaces and Routing via CMD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Interfaces and Routing via CMD: Little background, I keep randomly losing connecting and my network and file paths are just a disaster. My networking interfaces kept randomly disappearing. Also even though I've downloaded the correct drivers from the manufacturer, they never actually update. I came...
  4. scanning and blocking unauthorized devices via right click on network interface device list

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    scanning and blocking unauthorized devices via right click on network interface device list: need to be able to block unauthorized devices via right click[IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/protect_other-protect_scanning-windows_10/scanning-and-blocking-unauthorized-devices-via/9c679e0d-b6c1-4451-9307-a9c06b63793f
  5. dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    dynamic mic & audio interface not working with pc, windows 10: I have purchased a Behringer UMC22 USB audio interface, a Behringer XM8500 Dynamic microphone, connected them via XLR, and connected the UMC22 to my computer via USB 2. In my playback devices on Windows 10 the device is recognised as "speakers", and I can not seem to find a...
  6. GET THE NEW SOUND INTERFACE OFF MY COMPUTER

in Windows 10 Customization
    GET THE NEW SOUND INTERFACE OFF MY COMPUTER: I WANT TO OLD SOUND SETTINGS BACK, AND I DON'T EVER WANT TO SEE THIS UPDATED **** EVER AGAIN... MAKE IT HAPPEN MICROSOFT!!!!!!!!...
  7. Google Chrome will get new interface with material design

in Windows 10 News
    Google Chrome will get new interface with material design: Google has been testing a material design interface on Chrome for quite some time now. These changes are seen in the Google Chrome Canary branch. The changes in the UI are more than just aesthetic improvements. Material UI design would ensure a more user-friendly interface....
  8. Windows 10’s People app for Insiders updated with interface changes

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10’s People app for Insiders updated with interface changes: Microsoft has just released a new update for the People app on Windows 10, and it brings only one change. The last important update to People was released a year ago and it brought some Fluent Design changes. The software giant hasn’t provided a changelog for this particular...
  9. Intel is releasing Direct Connect Interface (DCI) policy update

in Windows 10 News
    Intel is releasing Direct Connect Interface (DCI) policy update: Intel ID: INTEL-SA-00127 Product family: 5th and 6th generation Intel® Xeon® Processor E3 family, Intel® Xeon® Scalable processors, and Intel® Xeon® Processor D family Impact of vulnerability: Information Disclosure, Escalation of Privilege Severity rating: Important Original...
  10. no such interface supported

in Browsers and Email
    no such interface supported: When using PROJECT SPARTAN and I go to a website such as Pinterest, or others for that matter, and want to download a picture...I get an error that says no such interface supported. Any help is appreciated! 6896