Windows 10: "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

Discus and support "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mimyr, Jun 30, 2018.

1. mimyr Win User

"No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything

Last night I was running sfc /scannow, which completed and said it found/fixed errors, and uninstalling some software (in retrospect something I shouldn't have done at the same time) and suddenly I couldn't run any apps. Whenever I attempt to launch anything either by double clicking or running it from the run dialogue (e.g. cmd.exe) it states "No such interface supported." It's very bizarre because some stuff works, such as Edge if I launch Edge from the toolbar, and Settings works, but I get that very same error if I try to launch anything else such as the task manager or, as previously stated, command prompt. I can't open Windows Explorer normally, although if I click "browse" from the run dialogue I can.

If I try to use startup repair tools, I'm faced with the message "You need to sign in as an administrator to continue, but there aren't any administrator accounts on this PC." Which is bizarre, because there are administrator accounts, and I can sign into them. So I can't system restore, I can't reset/refresh the PC, nothing. I can't even enter command prompt from startup.

Has anyone heard of something like this happening? I'mm guessing that the computer is just hosed and that I need to reinstall the OS at this point. Fortunately there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with my data on the disk, it's just the OS that is corrupted.

:)

mimyr, Jun 30, 2018
  2. luwms Win User

error occurred while attempting to burn. error 0x80004002: no such interface supported.

After Windows 10 update tried to burn cd using windows overdrive burn wizard, received following: an error occurred while attempting to burn. Error details: Unable to create synchronous Reader. Error 0x80004002: No such interface supported. Any advice?

luwms, Jun 30, 2018
  3. "No such interface supported error"

I came home to my wife showing me this error " explorer.exe no such interface supported" Any thoughts.
    I win 7 pro

NumberCruncher, Jun 30, 2018
  4. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Jun 30, 2018
Thema:

1. "No such interface supported" errors when attempting to run anything - Similar Threads - such interface supported

2. "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file: I am trying to open a video file, any type, but it always says " No such interface supported" I use VLC as default video player for MP4, MKV, AVI.....
  3. "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No such interface supported" when opening a Video file: I am trying to open a video file, any type, but it always says " No such interface supported" I use VLC as default video player for MP4, MKV, AVI.....
  4. "No such interface supported"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "No such interface supported": This appears to be a widespread issue: unable to open .jpg's, .mp4's, even .txt's, among others. After the 22H2 update when attempting to open various files, such as those previously mentioned, an error message box advises that "No such interface supported." Even after...
  5. "No such interface supported"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "No such interface supported": This appears to be a widespread issue: unable to open .jpg's, .mp4's, even .txt's, among others. After the 22H2 update when attempting to open various files, such as those previously mentioned, an error message box advises that "No such interface supported." Even after...
  6. OpenGl error when attempting to run Minecraft

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    OpenGl error when attempting to run Minecraft: I have a brand new desktop from Dell equipped with AMD Radeon 5700xt GPU. For some reason, I can't find any credible sources for how to ficx the OpenGL error that pops up when I try to run Minecraft. This is ultra upsetting. Some one help me. I don't want to download anything...
  7. Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error Message When Attempting to Update or Install Anything: As the title implies, I am unable to download or update anything via the Microsoft store. I tried resetting the app using settings and it did absolutely nothing. This is the error code I get for both; Code: 0x80004005 submitted by /u/thick_stick- [link] [comments]...
  8. Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Message When Attempting to Run Origin: I was able to find a few threads referring to this same issue but they were dated several years ago and after trying everything that was suggested in that thread I gave up. When attempting to run Origin I get 2 messages that are almost identical "The code execution cannot...
  9. DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM errors when attempting to run ashx scripts: I just got a new Surface Pro 6 and I've installed IIS, Visual Studio Code, etc., but I can't get ashx scripts to run on this PC. Even the simplest ashx script fails to run. The same scripts run on other Windows 10 machines. I've set the same options in IIS. I am getting...
  10. no such interface supported

in Browsers and Email
    no such interface supported: When using PROJECT SPARTAN and I go to a website such as Pinterest, or others for that matter, and want to download a picture...I get an error that says no such interface supported. Any help is appreciated! 6896