Windows 10: No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television

Discus and support No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Movies played via the Netflix app on my LG OLED65C8 television have surround sound. The Blu-ray player connected to one of its HDMI inputs also... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by haggis999, Jul 31, 2020.

1. haggis999 Win User

No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television

Movies played via the Netflix app on my LG OLED65C8 television have surround sound. The Blu-ray player connected to one of its HDMI inputs also successfully generates surround sound from the TV, but the Windows 10 PC connected to another HDMI input is limited to stereo audio despite the audio adapter on the PC having surround sound capability. The "LG TV" device in Windows is shown as supporting a maximum of 2 channels, which does not make much sense.

I've been through the advice provided via the following link, but without any success. Any further suggestions on how to fix this problem would be much appreciated.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-ph/help/4520288/windows-10-fix-sound-problems

I've just tried connecting another Windows 10 PC to this TV via HDMI, with exactly the same results. The "LG TV" audio device is still shown as being limited to 2 channels.

:)

haggis999, Jul 31, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television :p

cadaveca, Jul 31, 2020
  3. 5.1 Surround sound in windows 10

Hi Jeka,

There are some reasons why you don't get the 5.1 surround sound. Some of these are caused by the type of audio format, how the file was encoded, if the file supports 5.1 surround sound and such. For us to determine what's causing
    the concern more precisely, please provide information on the following:

• The type of file that you're trying to play.
    • Troubleshooting steps done to rectify this concern

For now, before we go to a more in-depth troubleshooting, we suggest you run

audio troubleshooter.
    Look for Find and fix problems playing sounds.

Don't hesitate to update us if you need further assistance.

Best regards,

Roberto Ven, Jul 31, 2020
  4. No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television

Surround Sound on PC

There are two factors that will enable the 7.1 Surround sound. Hence I also have Dolby Atmos Supported 7.1 sound at my home as 7+1 surround sound system, I can say that it is either a windows update issue or driver issue. We verified that's it is not windows
    update hence the update that causes problem is not installed yet the driver part still leaves me some question marks. Those Options on Spatial sound enable the output to be anything more than just 2.0, so if the output is supported including output device
    the option will be available. Its just a mismatch between software and the hardware of the Headset.

I had the issue where my 7.1 stoped working providing me with surround sound yet was able to get it back removing the update that caused it.

I could now suggest to Uninstall audio driver entirely any available in windows safe mode, including the Razer Software and then restart windows to boot up Normally and allow windows to install the basic drivers.

If windows doesn't recognize it then update it manually in device manager. Let Windows install the basic drivers for both the Sound Card and the Headset.

Let's see if this will enable the option.

PS: As long as you are not using the 3.5 Audio jack as connection, These steps should help out at a point.

Sincerely

Independent Advisor

Harun

Harun Şakir Oral, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television

1. No surround sound when connecting PC to LG television - Similar Threads - surround sound connecting

2. Surround sound problem.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surround sound problem.: I got some Logitech z506 5.1 surround sound, but for some reason it is not letting me configure the sound correctly.When i get into the setting it only showed me Right and Left but won't show the other speakers. any help to fix this problem?my motherboard is an ASUS TUF Z590...
  3. Surround sound problem.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surround sound problem.: I got some Logitech z506 5.1 surround sound, but for some reason it is not letting me configure the sound correctly.When i get into the setting it only showed me Right and Left but won't show the other speakers. any help to fix this problem?my motherboard is an ASUS TUF Z590...
  4. Surround Sound Problems

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surround Sound Problems: I have a 4.1 sound system. Not a 5.1. Windows sounds and Minecraft work, in surround sound. YouTube iTunes Netflix etc. do not. I have gone through Realtek audio manager and enabled speaker fill, and gone through control panel too. I don't know why this wont work. But I do...
  5. No surround sound when connecting PC to television

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No surround sound when connecting PC to television: Movies played via the Netflix app on my LG OLED65C8 television have surround sound. The Blu-ray player connected to one of its HDMI inputs also successfully generates surround sound from the TV, but the Windows 10 PC connected to another HDMI input is limited to stereo audio...
  6. Surround Sound on PC

Surround Sound on PC: For about 3 years now, I've had and been primarily using a Dell Inspiron 15 Gaming 7567 for everything. I recently decided to build a brand new desktop, and I'd never quite realized how good the sound was on that laptop until this new PC. The surround sound on that laptop is...
  7. Surround Sound

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Surround Sound: Would the issue with surround sound have anything to do with the fact that Microsoft is working with the companies that license Dolby Surround and other surround sound processing to have a monthly fee for these features? This does not occur on my upgraded WIN 7 to Win 10...
  8. 5.1 Surround Sound

5.1 Surround Sound: Happy New Year! Unfortunately, I have exhausted all possible issues and am turning to forums. The issue I have is that I setup my Z506 5.1 system that I bought for Christmas. However, not matter what I do I get the sound in stereo. However, when I do the windows configure...
  9. Surround sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surround sound: Hello, I have a bioware version 1803. The problem is no matter what headphone i useI can't seem toactivate surround sound. It doesn't let me at all. It's frustationg because i am a music lover and really just sets me off. Please do help....
  10. 5.1 surround sound

5.1 surround sound: how do we get 5.1 surround sound from dvds in windows 10 49704