Windows 10: No Swipe Keyboard?

Discus and support No Swipe Keyboard? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Can it really be that there's no swipe keyboard for Win 10? I just spent a big bunch of money on a Surface Pro 6, and am horrified to discover that I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AlfredStansbury, May 30, 2019.

1. No Swipe Keyboard?

Can it really be that there's no swipe keyboard for Win 10?

I just spent a big bunch of money on a Surface Pro 6, and am horrified to discover that I can't swipe type, AND there's no auto completion.

Am I doing something wrong, or missing a setting, or is this just the way it is?

I saw an article saying that Swiftkey was coming to W10 last fall but there's nothing in the store...

:)

AlfredStansbury, May 30, 2019

2. is swipe keyboard limited to languages ??

im from india. before my hard reset when i type there wont be any suggestions (bec its off) but when i swipe i get suggestions. after my hard reset when i turned off suggestions swipe is not working for me. i went to keyboard settinngs and i found english
    US,UK,India. does anyone know which keyboard should i use to get my old keyboard?? im new to windows

sajithrs784, May 30, 2019
  3. swipe keyboard on w10m and Elite X3

Hi

the swipe keyboard word definition on w10m and the elite x3 is poor. For example, the word inquiry, it doesn't even come up on the list of word choices. Interesting, if I use a quote-mark first, "inquiry" comes up as the default choice. There are many words
    that the swipe keyboard will not recognize.

the swipe keyboard on W8.1M and a Lumia 1020 has no problem at all

giancarlo88, May 30, 2019
  4. djhnsn043 Win User

No Swipe Keyboard?

Enable or Disable Edge Swipe on Screen in Windows 10

Hey, I am using a logitech k400 keyboard with touchpad. I have this plugged in as well as a normal keyboard and mouse. I can't get the edge swipe gesture to stop working, regardless of disabling it in gp or registry. Any suggestions?

djhnsn043, May 30, 2019
Thema:

No Swipe Keyboard?

1. No Swipe Keyboard? - Similar Threads - Swipe Keyboard

2. April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    April 2019 update - 3 fingers swiping gesture problem: This new update changed the behavior of 3 fingers swiping gesture, let's suppose I have 3 opened programs, chrome(has focus) firefox and a folder, when I used to swipe with three fingers, it goes from chrome to firefox, and when I swipe again it goes BACK to chrome, but now...
  3. Windows 10 swipe keyboard only works in certain app

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 swipe keyboard only works in certain app: Windows 10 swipe keyboard (english) input somehow only works in certain apps which are modern apps from the windows 8 era , eg: microsoft EDGE , but not the new chromium Edge. Does developer needs to compile the app in a special way to make the swipe keyboard works?...
  4. Someone had swiped my Lock Screen open Automatically Without my Consent! Surprised.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Someone had swiped my Lock Screen open Automatically Without my Consent! Surprised.: When I had Powered On my DELL HD Laptop this Afternoon, I had noticed that my Lock Screen had been Swiped Open Automatically Without me Pressing The Enter Key as for me to Enter My Password! Secure My *** Email address is removed for privacy *** Account! This does not look...
  5. Swipe gesture for Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    Swipe gesture for Start Menu: Hello, I have a touchscreen attached and I was wondering if there was a swipe gesture to get the Start menu to appear. If I swipe from the left to right, I get the task switcher. If I swipe from the right to left, I get the notification bar. If I swipe from the top to down...
  6. You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS

in Windows 10 News
    You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS: Quick launch summary You can now set up swipe actions in Gmail on iOS to do any of the following actions: Archive, Trash, Mark as read/unread, Snooze, and Move to. We recently announced a brand new mobile redesign for Gmail with many new productivity improvements.To help...
  7. How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?

How can I disable the edge swipe to task viewer?: I have Asus smart gesture for windows 10. It is working but now if I swipe from the left edge it always opens task viewer. I'm left handed and this is annoying. How can I turn off this feature? It's not listed in the ASUS smart gesture swipe features....
  8. how to remove swipe-up screen in windows 10 tablet?

how to remove swipe-up screen in windows 10 tablet?: whenever i turn the screen off, and then on, i am greeted with a swipe up screen. i was somehow able to remove this screen in another win 10 tablet and it suited my use perfectly i cant remove it in this other win10 tablet, and as a consequence, i can't use it at all......
  9. Mouse and keyboard center swipe gestures continue to work after being disabled

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard center swipe gestures continue to work after being disabled: I am using the Microsoft Sculpt keyboard and mouse, and the latest Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center software. My mouse has a blue "touch" button with the Windows logo. It has swipe gestures that act as forward/back buttons in all sorts of other programs. This drives me...
  10. Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome

Surface Book 2, Microsoft On-Screen Keyboard, Use Swipe and Text Predictions In Chrome: Please tell me how to use the swipe and text prediction features of the on-screen keyboard in Google Chrome. Chrome is my preferred browser and I will not migrate to Edge. If it is impossible to enable this functionality, I will be getting a refund for this computer. I...