Windows 10: No System Event Sounds After Upgrade

Discus and support No System Event Sounds After Upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Good day. I've had Windows 10 since August, and for the most part, things have been going relatively okay. My only real glaring problem with the OS... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by PrinceAKR, Oct 12, 2015.

1. PrinceAKR Win User

No System Event Sounds After Upgrade

Good day.

I've had Windows 10 since August, and for the most part, things have been going relatively okay. My only real glaring problem with the OS is that I can no longer here a sound during a system event. By that I mean the usual sounds like when you're clicking through the Explorer, emptying the recycle bin, a dialog pop-up and such.

My system is a Dell Inspiron N4100 that was previously running Win7 Home Premium, and now I'm running Win10 Home Edition. The sound in general works fine; like media players, games, and through the Internet browsers. It's only the system sounds that refuse to play.

:)

PrinceAKR, Oct 12, 2015
  2. KevinC172 Win User

950XL no system and lock/unlock sounds after anniversary update

Hello,

After anniversary update, I've lost alert sound when charging the phone. Also when lock/unlock the phone the click sound also missing. Already checking the sound setting on lock and unlock is clicked, also the system alerts is clicked.

What else I can do to bring back the sound. It's annoying without the alert sound when charging. You need to check the batter icon to know if it is charging or not.

Thanks !

Kevin

KevinC172, Oct 12, 2015
  3. Joe Men Win User
    950XL no system and lock/unlock sounds after anniversary update

Hello,
    Kevin

Please soft reset your Lumia 950 XL by pressing and holding the Power and
    Volume down key, till the phone vibrates. Check for the sound features that went missing after your phone restarts.

Keep us posted.

Joe Men, Oct 12, 2015
  4. PrinceAKR Win User

4 days and no response?

PrinceAKR, Oct 17, 2015
Thema:

1. No System Event Sounds After Upgrade - Similar Threads - System Event Sounds

2. System Failure After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Failure After Upgrade: My system has been crashing after it upgraded to windows 11 but today it went on a whole new level of crash. When I turned on my HP Pavilion - 14-ce3008nia, it showed a blue-black screen reading :Boot Device Not FoundPlease install an operating system on your hard diskHard...
  3. System Failure After Upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Failure After Upgrade: My system has been crashing after it upgraded to windows 11 but today it went on a whole new level of crash. When I turned on my HP Pavilion - 14-ce3008nia, it showed a blue-black screen reading :Boot Device Not FoundPlease install an operating system on your hard diskHard...
  4. No sound after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after upgrade to windows 10: I upgraded my toshiba satellite L755 laptop from windows 7 to windows 10 and now I have no sound. All drivers are up to date. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-sound-after-upgrade-to-windows-10/84566661-97fa-419b-aa17-090b4560e549
  5. No sound after Windows 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No sound after Windows 10 upgrade: Every time windows upgrades, I have sound issues. I've reinstalled my sound drivers, updated them, everything is reporting working but no sound again. Last time it was a simple settings change but I cannot remember or find it on the internet. Any ideas?...
  6. No Sound after upgrade to windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No Sound after upgrade to windows 10: It's been over a year, I periodically google to try and fix it but cant get back. Please ask any info you need and please help me get my back. Have a Dell Inspiron desktop, previously was vista which was upgraded to 10. 109552
  7. System Event Sound Problems

System Event Sound Problems: For some reason, most of the system event sounds refuse to play when a system event occurs, and trying to test the event sounds in the Sounds tab won't play at all. However, playing audio from any other program works fine, and as far as I can tell, there are no audio driver...
  8. Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade

Sound Problems after In-Place Upgrade: I recently did a In-Place Upgrade, and my sound driver didn't install after the upgrade. My computer is made to run Conexant HD Audio. Can someone please assist me on which driver version of Conexant HD Audio I should install? Thanks in advance! 53854
  9. Sound loss after upgrade

Sound loss after upgrade: I have a home built gaming pc running windows 10 32 bit and never had any issues, I decided to upgrade to 64 bit as it was compatible allowing me to insert more memory. On doing so I lost all USB usage and no sound. I rectified the USB issue but the sound is a no go. The pc...
  10. No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade

No Sound after Windows 10 upgrade: After the Win 10 upgrade, (running Firefox) Pandora, U tube, Quicktime, and Itunes audio all quit working.... this is what I have in the Manage Audio Devices control panel: Speakers / Headphones IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Default Device (green check mark)...