Windows 10: No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

Discus and support No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803. The desktop PC was the first to update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Over Dose, Mar 14, 2020.

1. Over Dose Win User

No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809.

My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803.

The desktop PC was the first to update from 1803 to 1809 (updated in the background while I was working), and the 2 laptops I had to force the updates to 1809. All seemed to be running well on the desktop, until I noticed that when I connect or disconnect removable drives, the notification pop-up shows, but there is not sound that plays. Other system notification sounds also do not play.

Initially I thought that this was how the latest update is supposed to be, until I noticed that the 2 laptops were playing the normal system notification sounds. When I go into the sound settings, the sounds play with the setting on "Windows Default", and I have already tried to set it to "No Sounds" and then back to default again, and the sounds remain silent when they should play.

I even tried unistalling and automatically reinstalling the audio drivers (my motherboard is a AsRock H97 Performance board) and I tried installing the last drivers listed on the website, and also let Windows 10 automatically install drivers, and still nothing.

All other audio from music, videos and other applications play just fine on the desktop machine, but just not the system sounds.

I know other people have posted about this on here, but I've looked into the most obvious troubleshooting, and have not had any luck.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

:)

Over Dose, Mar 14, 2020
  2. Over Dose Win User

My I have 3 machines (1 desktop + 2 x laptops) all which were running the same version of Windows 10 Pro 1803.

The desktop PC was the first to update from 1803 to 1809 (updated in the background while I was working), and the 2 laptops I had to force the updates to 1809. All seemed to be running well on the desktop, until I noticed that when I connect or disconnect removable drives, the notification pop-up shows, but there is not sound that plays. Other system notification sounds also do not play.

Initially I thought that this was how the latest update is supposed to be, until I noticed that the 2 laptops were playing the normal system notification sounds. When I go into the sound settings, the sounds play with the setting on "Windows Default", and I have already tried to set it to "No Sounds" and then back to default again, and the sounds remain silent when they should play.

I even tried unistalling and automatically reinstalling the audio drivers (my motherboard is a AsRock H97 Performance board) and I tried installing the last drivers listed on the website, and also let Windows 10 automatically install drivers, and still nothing.

All other audio from music, videos and other applications play just fine on the desktop machine, but just not the system sounds.

I know other people have posted about this on here, but I've looked into the most obvious troubleshooting, and have not had any luck.

Any other suggestions would be welcome.

Over Dose, Mar 14, 2020
  3. Over Dose Win User

I looked here and have compared the desktop settings to the laptops, all are set the same, which are the defaults since I have never tweaked any of these settings on any systems.

These settings are the ones that didn't make any difference when I changed them.

Volume Mixer shows me volume controls for Device and Applications, both which are set to their maximum. However the behaviour I see on the desktop machine when sliding the "Applications" volume slider is that it does not make that "beeping" sound at any point. It only beeps when I slide the "Device" volume slider, unlike what happens on the laptops.

When I am in Settings > System > Sound > I even ran the troubleshooting steps which is able to play "Test Sounds" just fine, but the system notification sounds still won't play. However when I finish the troubleshooting steps, I see this notification with a yellow exclamation mark, which may point to the issue, but am unsure how.

No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809. [​IMG]

Over Dose, Mar 14, 2020
  4. Helmut Win User

Settings > System > Notifications & Actions > go down the list an enable what is required > click on the required ones for details and more settings which include Sound amongst many options.
    It was the same before the 1809 version update.

If you search for "System sounds" that will get you to the old Control Panel way, looks like you have done that. That did not change either.

Right click on the Task bar Speaker Icon > Open Volume mixer > System Sounds > increase that.

Helmut, Mar 14, 2020
Thema:

1. No System Notification Sounds Play After Update To Windows 1809. - Similar Threads - System Notification Sounds

2. Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Notification Sound Playing, No Notification Appears: Title. When I am working with focus assist activated, I will get notification sounds and have no idea why they are occurring. It is very annoying and I either want the sounds to stop or I want to know what I am being notified about. Just hearing the noise is more distracting...
  3. Notification Sound Doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification Sound Doesn't Play: Over the past year I checked a half a dozen times to see if the Mail app notification sound triggers when I get no mail but I see it still doesn't work. I have set a sound for 'New Mail Notification.' Mail is set to 'Get notifications from these senders.' Still no...
  4. Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound issue After Windows 10 Update 1809: After the Windows update I had no audio. I can get the audio to work by running the audio troubleshooter and then rebooting. However, I have to do this each time I start up the computer. How do I get the Troubleshooter "fix" to be permanent?...
  5. Notification Tray Enlarged Border After 1809 Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Notification Tray Enlarged Border After 1809 Update: I updated Windows 10 Pro (64-bit) to version 1809 yesterday through Windows Update. After the update, the notification tray started showing an enlarged border around it. Also, if I change the theme to dark mode, the Windows Explorer address bar shows white text over white...
  6. No sound after windows update 1809

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No sound after windows update 1809: Hi there, my windows installed the 1809 update, not a new installation, and since then I have no sound? I run the troubleshooter which resolves the issue until i turn off/restart the computer then no sound again? Can't seem to find the option to roll back on the update....
  7. Notifications not working after the October update 1809

Notifications not working after the October update 1809: I updated all my devices to the newest windows 10 build 1809. On both surface 3 and laptop Lenovo G580 I experience a problem with not working windows notifications. The notifications icon in the Windows 10 task bar tells me I have new notifications, but when I click on it, I...
  8. Notifications are gone - update 1809

Notifications are gone - update 1809: Hi, anyone has the similar issue fixed? 1. Info about notifications... [ATTACH] 2. After clicking... [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/notifications-are-gone-update-1809/5df95408-e3ed-4dda-bc5f-88d34025b6ee
  9. Sound notifications after last update.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Sound notifications after last update.: My PC started to send me sound notifications that something is opening then closing. The issue appeared after the last Windows 10 update. I don’t understand what is going on. The notifications are so annoying that I was forced to turn down computer sound....
  10. No system notification sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No system notification sound: Every system notification sound doesn't play at all, but when I click TEST for an item in sound setting, it can play the sound. [img] 73216