Windows 10: No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

Discus and support No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, Whenever I try to look for updates through the Windows update program, It says my PC is up to date. However, My PC is still on build 1909. Updating... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Classifier_66, Mar 25, 2021.

1. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

Hi, Whenever I try to look for updates through the Windows update program, It says my PC is up to date. However, My PC is still on build 1909. Updating through the media creation tool with an ISO gives the error "We couldn't update the system reserved partition." Looking at the Disk management screen, I don't seem to have a system reserved partition. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update 5867d5c6-bcd3-4b02-b0a0-e15bbb76aaf7?upload=true.png

:)

Classifier_66, Mar 25, 2021
  2. qinada Win User

cannot locate system reserved partition on Disk Management

This Windows 10 upgrade error is usually caused by insufficient space on the System Reserved partition. When you install Windows to a partitioned MBR disk, Windows will create an additional partition without drive letter labeled as System Reserved, which
    stores important boot files and normally locates before the system partition (often known as C: drive). On Windows 7, it often takes 100MB disk space, 350MB on Windows 8, and 500MB on Windows 10. Since upgrading to Windows 10 needs more space on the System
    Reserved partition, Windows 10 will not upgrade unless it detects that the System Reserved partition has enough space. If you fresh install Windows 10 to a specific partition, you won't receive this error. By the way, the System Reserved partition first appearance
    was on Windows 7, so you won't have this error on previous versions of Windows.

To solve this problem of being unable to update System Reserved partition, you can increase the size of System Reserved partition using third party free partition software like AOMEI Partition Assistant Standard, which can manage your disks and partitions
    without data loss.

For detailed solution, see this article: Fix "We Couldn’t Update the System Reserved Partition" Error

qinada, Mar 25, 2021
  3. cannot locate system reserved partition on Disk Management

I am trying to update Windows 10 and it keeps giving me an error and saying that "We couldn't update system reserved partition" I have gone into Disk Management but could not locate what the system reserved partition is. I would appreciate if someone
    could point me in the right direction.

Thanks

LowFlyer_23, Mar 25, 2021
  4. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

Windows 10 Update can't update system reserved partition

This looks like a GPT initialized disk and UEFI firmware.

See Sample: Configure UEFI/GPT-Based Hard Drive Partitions by Using Windows PE and DiskPart for the default and recommended disk schema.

Your setup doesn't seem to have a Microsoft Reserved partition (different from System Reserved) - it has it's own type of MSR. This is a hidden part, so it might only be visible in Diskpart.

To cut down on any confusion, I would physically swap the drives so that
    Disk 1 becomes Disk 0 and
    Disk 0 becomes Disk 1.

It's just a matter of of pulling the connectors and reconnecting them to the other port.
    After you have removed the bogus System REserve partition you created (as suggested by NavyLCDR) and swpped the drives,

Please post a new Disk Management screen shot:

Method One: Use Disk Management in the x-Menu (right click the Windows logo, select Disk Management)

Select View > Bottom > Disk list

Maximize the window and grab the screen shot.
    Method Two: Use a custom MMC to present Disk Management with pertinent information

If you've already downloaded the custom MMC, go to Step 2 to launch it and then grab the screen shot.

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console
    You'll get an output similar to this:

No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update [​IMG]

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update

1. No System reserved partition in Disk Management, Windows cannot update - Similar Threads - System reserved partition

2. Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Couldn't Update System Reserved Partition: Every time I Try to Update, I Get the Error Message: We Couldn't Update the System Reserved Partition I tried Deleting My Fonts but It Still Shows the Error...
  3. Cant update the system reserved partition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update the system reserved partition: Initially when I upgraded to windows 11, I used to receive updates, after almost 6 months of use of windows 11 I am getting these type of issued while upgrading to the next version of windows. Please help me regarding this issue.I have uploaded the screenshots of windows...
  4. Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management: I tried installing windows 11 from an iso file and it said " we couldn't update system reserved partition". So I went to Disk Management and I can't locate the system reserved partition :Where can I find my system reserved partition?...
  5. Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management: I tried installing windows 11 from an iso file and it said " we couldn't update system reserved partition". So I went to Disk Management and I can't locate the system reserved partition :Where can I find my system reserved partition?...
  6. Cannot locate system reserved partition in disk management

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  8. Can't update system reserved partition.

Can't update system reserved partition.: I cant update windows. Every time I try I get the cant update system reserved partition error. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-update-system-reserved-partition/dfc732c2-5b49-43b0-afd9-62f6cbbd7aa8
  9. Cannot access System reserved partition in diskmgmt.msc

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot access System reserved partition in diskmgmt.msc: I'm trying to access the System Reserved Partition. When I start the disk management console I can see the volume I want but properties is greyed out. I'm on Windows 10 Home Insider preview, build 18351.1. I can access it from Powershell using mountvol F: /S. I can also...
  10. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...