Windows 10: No system reserved partition on my SSD

Discus and support No system reserved partition on my SSD in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; How do I create a system reserved partition on my SSD C: drive. I have 3 other drives installed and all have reserved system partitions. Any help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Trevor B, Aug 14, 2015.

1. Trevor B Win User

No system reserved partition on my SSD

How do I create a system reserved partition on my SSD C: drive. I have 3 other drives installed and all have reserved system partitions.

Any help would be appreciated

:)

Trevor B, Aug 14, 2015
  2. Frcraig Win User

Two System Reserve Partitions

I have two hard drives on my computer, an SSD with my operating system (Windows 8.1 which I just successfully upgraded to Windows 10) and an hdd for additional storage. After upgrading to Windows 10 I noticed that I now have two System Reserve Partitions.
    One partition is on the SSD and the other is on the hdd. Both contain bootmgr and similar files. The files on the hdd have newer file modified/created dates than those on the ssd System Reserve partition. If I set my BIOS to boot from the SSD I get the
    blue screen message "no bcd found". If I set the BIOS to boot from the hdd it takes over a minute, but Windows 10 boots fine.

I'm guessing that the System Reserve partition on the hdd (storage hard drive) contains the boot files for Windows 10, but Windows 10 is not installed on that drive, it is installed on the SSD (which I think has the old Windows 8.1 boot files on its own
    System Reserve partition).

I've given the two System Reserve partitions drive letters so that I can see the contents of the drives. Can I simply copy the contents of the newer System Reserve partition onto the older System Reserve partition so that Windows 10 will boot from the same
    SSD that it is installed on?

Thanks for any suggestions,

Craig

Frcraig, Aug 14, 2015
  3. How can I move the "system reserved" partition?

When installing windows, the system reserved partition was installed on my hard drive, and windows was installed on my SSD. Is there a way to move the partition to my SSD without removing any of my personal data? If so than how can I do this safely? Thanks
    in advance.

.ROM-fileuser, Aug 14, 2015
  4. No system reserved partition on my SSD

If you can boot with only your SSD connected, that means the boot loader files are present in your C: partition, and in that case, you don't need a separate System Reserved partition.

Mark Phelps, Aug 14, 2015
  5. Gary Win User
    I do not have one either on my Hard Drive.

6. Unless your dual booting, or multi booting other Windows OS, there should only be one system reserved partition on the boot drive. Certain install scenarios can result in it not being there. The drive already being partitioned, and the options you click during the install. Some upgrade installs etc. If I do a clean install to an un partitioned space, Windows will create it automatically, along with any other partitions it needs.

alphanumeric, Aug 14, 2015
  7. Trevor B Win User
    I have disconnected all my drives except the SSD and the PC boots correctly. When I go to check out under My Computer I see the drive but no reserved drive. partition.

When I try and upgrade Windows reports that it cannot access the system reserve partition.

What do I now do?

Trevor B, Aug 16, 2015
  8. rbmorse Win User

The small system reserved partition does not show in file exploder or diskmgmt.msc. You can see it using a third party disk utility like gparted from a linux session, or in Windows by using diskpart.exe from an elevated command prompt. The command sequence is:

list disk

select disk [n] where [n] is the number from the list disk command of the disk that holds your Windows system and boot files

list part

rbmorse, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. No system reserved partition on my SSD - Similar Threads - system reserved partition

2. Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove Old SSD System Reserved and Recovery Partitions to New SSD: Hello,I recently did a clean install of Windows 10 onto a new m.2 SSD and I noticed that my System Reserved and Recovery partitions were still present and active on my old boot SSD Disk 1. I wasn't able to delete them through Disk Management or through an elevated powershell,...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  5. System Reserved Partition

System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  6. 2 System Reserved Partitions on my System

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 System Reserved Partitions on my System: In disk management, I have 2 system reserved partitions. One on my main SSD, the other on my Storage HDD. I heard if the other drive fails with the system reserved on then the system will not boot. What do I do about these 2 system reserved partitions?...
  7. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  8. Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions

Recovery Partitions/System Reserved Partitions: I have Windows 10 Home Version 1803 installed in my pc. Windows is installed on Disk 5. Disk 5 contains my C drive and D partition that I created after Windows was installed. It also contains a partition named System Reserved which Windows created when I installed Windows...
  9. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...
  10. No System Reserved Partition On My SSD

No System Reserved Partition On My SSD: I have an SSD with WIN7 installed. It has no System Reserved Partition (SRP) and thus no boot files on that nonexistent partition. I've read here that individuals with a SRP of only 100mb have had issues installing WIN 10 and that those issues were resolved by expanding the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no system reserved partition on ssd