Windows 10: no system reserved partition. trying to upgrade to windows 10

Discus and support no system reserved partition. trying to upgrade to windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hello. I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7. I get the error: "we couldn't update the system reserved partition". I don't have a system... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShimritPaltin, Nov 5, 2018.

1. no system reserved partition. trying to upgrade to windows 10

hello.
    I'm trying to upgrade to windows 10 from windows 7. I get the error: "we couldn't update the system reserved partition".
    I don't have a system reserved partition, so I've tried to create one. used free software and created a new partition of 1 G out of the C drive. its name is G: but its not a system reserved partition. so when I tried installing win 10 again i got the same error again.
    Is there a way to make the new partition G be "system reserved partition"?
    Do i need to do something else?

many thanks in advance
    Shim

:)

ShimritPaltin, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Anthony Gal, Nov 5, 2018
  3. Windows 10 upgrade: unable to access the system reserve partition

Can't upgrade to windows 10. Keep getting the error message that windows is unable to access the system reserve partition. I checked and this partition is 95% full. Any suggestions? Thanks

DoyleChambers, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Alan B Win User

no system reserved partition. trying to upgrade to windows 10

"Windows 10 couldn't be installed - we could update the system reserved partition"

I think you mean "could not update", not "could".

Suggestions:

• Disconnect any other hard drives.
    • Run chkdsk /f on the System Reserved partition. You'll have to do this from the CMD prompt in Repair Mode.
    • Initially there were reports of some System Reserved partitions being too small for the upgrade. Search for details if the first two suggestions fail.

Alan B, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

no system reserved partition. trying to upgrade to windows 10

1. no system reserved partition. trying to upgrade to windows 10 - Similar Threads - system reserved partition

2. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  3. Move system partition to system reserve partition

in Windows 10 Support
    Move system partition to system reserve partition: I had just install a new m.2 NVMe card yesterday and had cloned my primary drive over to the m.2. It was working wonderfully and was booting up okay then I had decided to clear the original primary drive. I had then tried updating windows from settings and when it tried to...
  4. System Reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Reserved Partition: Hello, I did some storage upgrade on my system by adding an M.2 NVME 1TB SSD drive and cloned my old drive that has windows 10 operating system. I now have two systems reserved partition on both the old and newly installed drive. The system reserved section limits my...
  5. System Reserve partition missing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    System Reserve partition missing in Windows 10: I've been getting a "Couldn't complete the update" error for some time now. Doing a little research, it looks like I need to expand my system reserve partition. However, when I run disk management, no system reserve partition shows up to expand. So, the question is: A) am...
  6. System reserved Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    System reserved Partition: as you can probably see in the screenshot , my System reserved Partition and the partition where my windows is installed are on totally different drives: windows: drive 0 (SSD) System reserved Partition: drive 1 (HDD) what i want is simple: move System reserved Partition...
  7. Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.

Windows 10 can't update system reserved partition; my system reserved partition is empty.: Hi, Trying to eliminate the freezing up problem with Windows 10. Recently noticed a key update KB3176938 has not been loaded to my system. In the settings, tried to update but got the message "Can't update the system reserved partition." OK, so poked around in Microsoft...
  8. Windows 10 without system reserved partitions

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 without system reserved partitions: Hi can anybody please explain these two questions: A- How many are the partitions that windows 10 automatically creates during installation, what are they for and what is it stored in them? B- if I choose not to have them (for example by creating the windows partition with...
  9. No system reserved partition

No system reserved partition: Installed a Samsung SSD on my Asus CM6730-06 desktop running Win7. the Win7 OS was cloned from the Asus Pc to Samsung SSD. Windows 7 runs great off the SSD. Got a Windows 10 upgrade notice and received an automatic download of Win10 but when it tries to install I get the...
  10. Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition

Windows 10 Upgrade OEM Reserved Partition: I upgraded my custom built desktop from Windows 8.1 Pro With Media Center (Originally Windows 7 Pro Retail), and I've noticed I now have an OEM (Reserved) partition on my drive. I'm just about to do a clean install, and would like to know if it's safe to delete or whether I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Getting message cannot upgrade system partition when trying to upgrade windows 10