Windows 10: No system service is working

Discus and support No system service is working in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Yesterday , i tried to check task manager and it didnt work, also , an update was available but unable to download , so i thought of running some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by SparshAgarwal31, Sep 25, 2020.

1. No system service is working

Yesterday , i tried to check task manager and it didnt work, also , an update was available but unable to download , so i thought of running some diagnostics. One by one i saw that a lot of things are not working. All the troubleshooters, task manager , Services , cmd scans : sfc, chkdsk and dism , everything shows errors, recovery points are deleted, even the event viewer is not working.

But ,on the contrary , all of my apps, settings, everything is working perfectly.

I tried reinstalling windows by media creation tool and that too said 'couldn't complete'.

I just can't understand what is happening here.

:)

SparshAgarwal31, Sep 25, 2020
  2. zbook Win User

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Sep 25, 2020
  3. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Sep 25, 2020
  4. No system service is working

Location service is greyed out

Hi Shahriar,

Thank you for responding.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused for you, I suggest you to try the below troubleshooting steps and check If it helps.

Step 1: Steps to turn on the Location settings.

• Login as an administrator.
    • Press Windows key, type Location settings and select
      Change location settings.
    • Check whether Location for this device is On by clicking on
      Change
    • Also turn on Location as well.

Step 2: And as you are unable to set the service Geolocation service to automatic, I suggest you to run SFC scan and check.

System File Checker is a utility in Windows that allows users to scan for corruptions in Windows system files and restore corrupted files.

Follow the below steps:

• Right click on the Start button, click on
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type “sfc /scannow” without the quotes and hit
      Enter.

• After the scan, restart the computer and check for the issue.

Try to set the service to automatic by following the steps provided in the above post by Praveen Venugopal.

Hope it helps. Kindly update the status of the issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2020
Thema:

No system service is working

1. No system service is working - Similar Threads - system service working

2. why is windows security service not working in my system .

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why is windows security service not working in my system .: when i boot up my system i get a notification saying windows security service is not running , click to restart but when i click it says security service cannot be started . when i open the security app it just shows a black window ....
  3. why is windows security service not working in my system .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why is windows security service not working in my system .: when i boot up my system i get a notification saying windows security service is not running , click to restart but when i click it says security service cannot be started . when i open the security app it just shows a black window ....
  4. system service exception

in Windows 10 Gaming
    system service exception: hi i have tried to fallow the steps to navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrityhowever i can only get toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuardthere is nothing beyond that...
  5. system service exception

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    system service exception: hi i have tried to fallow the steps to navigate toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuard\Scenarios\HypervisorEnforcedCodeIntegrityhowever i can only get toHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\DeviceGuardthere is nothing beyond that...
  6. System Services

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System Services: I was disabling some system services to free up resources then I restarted my computer.Now my computer actually runs slower,For example, Google Chrome suddenly takes much longer to load webpages,Other applications take longer responding to me clicking and interacting with...
  7. System Services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System Services: I was disabling some system services to free up resources then I restarted my computer.Now my computer actually runs slower,For example, Google Chrome suddenly takes much longer to load webpages,Other applications take longer responding to me clicking and interacting with...
  8. System Services

9. system service exception

system service exception: from few days my pc showing BSOD system service exception https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-service-exception/9b877ec4-33e0-4dd3-8e00-4dc92e6ca9c0
  10. System Service Exception

System Service Exception: Hi, I have been getting lots of BSOD recently and I think its due to the HID-Complaint headset driver but I can't seem to find the exact problem. I have uploaded the log file from the V2 Log checker listed in the stickied thread. [img] Thanks for your time. - - -...