Windows 10: No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs

Discus and support No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I currently use a DAC -X6 for my headphones and have been using this setup for over a year without this issue. I used my PC last night just fine with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/fainty_eu, Mar 22, 2020.

1. No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs

I currently use a DAC -X6 for my headphones and have been using this setup for over a year without this issue. I used my PC last night just fine with audio working.

However, when I turned on my PC this morning, my computer didn't detect any audio devices and simply had a red cross next to the speaker symbol on my taskbar. I had to restart the audio service (which I've done before and it worked fine). Though no audio was playing through my headphones, I thought that it was my DAC at fault.

After simply plugging in my headphones into the 3.5mm jack, I found that audio still didn't play. Chrome (or any other apps for that matter) didn't produce any sound at all, which is strange since I had the volume turned up as high as it could.

I started and restarted the Windows Audio Service about a million times, tried updating my audio drivers, restarting my PC etc. Still no sound, and the test sound for the audio devices doesn't even want to play.

TLDR; Audio worked last night, not working today and no sound is being played at all through any output.

Maybe I'm stupid and missed something so obvious but any help would be appreciated!

submitted by /u/fainty_eu
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/fainty_eu, Mar 22, 2020

2. No Audio Output Device is Installed

Hi,

You will need to select Windows 8 from the drop down list while installing the driver in compatibility mode.

I would suggest you to try setting the speaker as default audio output by following the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Right click on the sound icon on the right bottom corner of the taskbar.

2. Select "playback devices".

3. If "speaker" is not set as the default device, highlight it and click "set as default".

5. Save the changes.

Let us know the result.

Wungraileng Vashi, Mar 22, 2020
  3. No audio output: Win 10 Pro

Hi Nelson,

We would like to know more about your concern regarding the audio output of your computer. Have you received any error messages? After checking the audio drivers on the
    Device Manager, have you updated the audio drivers on your computer?

I would suggest you to check again the Device Manager and follow the steps below:

• In the Control Panel, remove the given sound software
    • Remove also the sound driver of the computer in the Device Manager
    • Restart the computer
    • Open Device Manager and click Scan for hardware changes
    • If there are no audio device that can be detected by the computer, you can update the chipset driver from the manufacturer's website.

Please keep us posted for us to assist you further.

Virfranz Man, Mar 22, 2020
  4. No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs

audio output system

hi, i have problem with my notebook s sound system. it says no audio output device is installed but when i click it i cant do anything , i cant download or update audio driver

Elkhan Ahmedov, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs

1. No System Sound Through any Audio Outputs - Similar Threads - System Sound Through

2. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Gaming
    output sound playing through input: Hello.I have a problem with my sound : when I play something on my headphone the mic catches it. for exemple if i have music and being on discord at the same time, the other guy in the call hears my music. I already tried to check if the "listen to device" options was...
  3. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    output sound playing through input: Hello.I have a problem with my sound : when I play something on my headphone the mic catches it. for exemple if i have music and being on discord at the same time, the other guy in the call hears my music. I already tried to check if the "listen to device" options was...
  4. output sound playing through input

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio

Output Audio Playing Through Input Audio: I've been having a problem where any audio played through my headset also gets output through my microphone. I've tried testing audio from multiple sources and outputting it to multiple sources, but the problem always persists. It looks like an issue with Windows...
  6. System audio/sound plays through microphone

System audio/sound plays through microphone: Hi Microsoft, I have been trying this issue for a while, this is going to be my last resort. Basically, my headset Mic picks up anything that is playing in my computer. no, There is no audio bleed from the headphones & if I am in a call in a discord for eg. they can hear...
  7. Sound Blaster audio output

Sound Blaster audio output: I have a Dell Computer with Windows 10. Started out with Windows 7 and with automatic updates over the years to Windows 10. Problem: My sound system is Creative Sound Blaster “Recon3D PCIe.” After the last Windows update the sound has been unreliable, such as no sound...
  8. Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio will not output any sound suddenly: Today when I turned on my PC, the Realtek audio will not produce any sound. In the volume mixer it shows that there is not even any sound being detected by Windows. When I switch devices to my monitor, it has sound, but not with my headphones plugged into my motherboard. I...
  9. Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output

Sound Blaster ZXR no sound through Optical output: Since i updated to Windows 10 1903 from 1809 my Creative Sound Blaster Z X R audio card has issues with sound output through Optical S/PDIF Out jack. I set this through the Sound Blaster Pro Studio control panel under Cinematic Encoder to Dolby Digital Live to get sound...
  10. audio output system

audio output system: hi, i have problem with my notebook s sound system. it says no audio output device is installed but when i click it i cant do anything , i cant download or update audio driver...