Windows 10: No System Sound

Discus and support No System Sound in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello Everyone: Please kindly assist with the issue of the "AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in". All solutions provided on the internet... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Eong03, May 25, 2020.

1. Eong03 Win User

No System Sound

Hello Everyone:

Please kindly assist with the issue of the "AMD High Definition Audio Device not plugged in". All solutions provided on the internet have been tried, without any resolve. In the Device Manager, under sound, all the devices are working properly, the drivers have been updated a number of times. The DISM was also run, but didn't solve the problem, still unable to configure AMD High Audio Device because the option to 'set as default' or 'configure' are greyed out.

Thank you very much your kind attention.

AO

:)

Eong03, May 25, 2020
  2. cadaveca Win User

Good surround sound headset

I know you say you're not that guy, but stepping into the $250+ range really brings a change in build quality that might have you never having to buy another set. Otherwise, getting 6 speakers with decent sound in a headset is hard, and that's what you are asking for, and I have no suggestions, but just a bump up the list. *Stick Out Tongue No System Sound :p

cadaveca, May 25, 2020
  3. fireberd Win User
    Sound Quality

One thing that sticks out from looking at your "My Computer" specs. You list "ONBOARD 6 CHANNEL (5.1) HIGH DEF AUDIO (AS STANDARD)" which suggests you do not have the correct sound hardware driver. Your motherboard has Realtek sound and the first step is to install the Realtek sound drivers. My ASUS also came with Sonic Studio 2 which is a sound enhancement package. Check the ASUS install disc to see if you have something similar.

May not be a speaker problem.

fireberd, May 25, 2020
  4. No System Sound

Windows 10 Startup Sound

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the steps below to set sounds:

• Right click on the Sound icon from the System Tray and click on Sounds.
    • Browse for the sound and click on apply and Ok.
    Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, May 25, 2020
Thema:

No System Sound

1. No System Sound - Similar Threads - System Sound

2. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  3. System sounds keep resetting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    System sounds keep resetting: How do I disable system sounds?? Every time the internet disconnects, it restarts, etc., they get turned back on. I am NOT trying to turn off all sound notifications, just the Windows ones. This is extremely annoying and I can't find any posts with an actual answer....
  4. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  5. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it: So I think Windows has always done this, but if you change the system sounds, then the volume slider stops playing a sound when you adjust the volume. I can't seem to find any concrete answers as to why or how that can be changed without changing the sound back to default,...
  6. Volume slider stops playing the system sound when I change it

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?: I have manually set all sytem sound effects to none. And i have muted system sounds in volume mixer. Yet, some how there is still system chimes randomly playing. I don't understand how that is even possible when i have it muted, and all the system sounds are set to none, so...
  8. Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?

Why are there system sounds when i have them all set to none?: I have manually set all sytem sound effects to none. And i have muted system sounds in volume mixer. Yet, some how there is still system chimes randomly playing. I don't understand how that is even possible when i have it muted, and all the system sounds are set to none, so...
  9. Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app: In Windows 11, Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app? the App doesn't appear in the volume mixer apps even when running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-system-soundsall-sounds-for-a/4ba37969-46ee-45c3-9878-92f40de43c45
  10. Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app

Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app: In Windows 11, Can I disable system sounds/all sounds for a specific app? the App doesn't appear in the volume mixer apps even when running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-disable-system-soundsall-sounds-for-a/4ba37969-46ee-45c3-9878-92f40de43c45