Windows 10: No system speakers working

Discus and support No system speakers working in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I have upgraded my laptop insiron 3543, i7 from Win8.1 to Win 10. Since then I have no sound in my system speakers. No other sound device is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by χαρηςτυρακης, Oct 30, 2020.

1. No system speakers working

Hi,

I have upgraded my laptop insiron 3543, i7 from Win8.1 to Win 10. Since then I have no sound in my system speakers. No other sound device is connected. It seems there is no....audio system? Is there a problem with drivers maybe? Thanks a lot.

Haris

:)

χαρηςτυρακης, Oct 30, 2020
  2. Junaid_A Win User

Windows 10 recognizes my UE Megaboom as a headset and not a speaker will not work?

Hi Rachael,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I suggest you try the steps listed below and check if it works. This issue could be because of the Headphones BT SPEAKER Stereo being set as default. I suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works.

• Pair the speaker with your PC.
    • Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose
      Device Manager.

• Expand Sound, video, and game controllers
      and right click on your Bluetooth speaker (BT SPEAKER Stereo).
    • Choose Disable and acknowledge the confirmation popup. Wait for the screen to refresh.
    • Right click on the same device again and Enable.
    • Exit Device Manager and see if the issue persist.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Oct 30, 2020
  3. Ivy Mun Win User
    Speakers and headphones work at the same time

Hi.

Let us isolate your concern by answering these few questions.

• Have you tried connecting your headphones directly to your desktop?
    • Does your speaker work normally when connected to your desktop?
    You may try the following steps to help resolve your concern:

• Unplug or Disconnect your speaker from the desktop.
    • Connect your headphone directly to the desktop.
    If the headphone works properly when directly connected to the desktop, we suggest that you contact your speaker manufacturer for assistance.

Let us know how it goes.

Ivy Mun, Oct 30, 2020
  4. zbook Win User

No system speakers working

Programs not working

In post 26 there were steps listed to fix the operating system corruption.
    Are you able to follow them?
    In post 29 was the suggested dism repair command.

zbook, Oct 30, 2020
Thema:

No system speakers working

1. No system speakers working - Similar Threads - system speakers working

2. System speakers do not work

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System speakers do not work: Hi, I have updated my laptop to version 21H1. Since then I have had no sound from the speakers of my system. There is no other sound device connected. There seems to be no audio system? Maybe there is something wrong with the drivers? Thanks a lot....
  3. Speaker not working

Speaker not working: Hi, after updating my laptop to 2021-03 Cumulative Update Preview for Windows 10 Version 20H2 for x64-based Systems KB5000842, speaker is not working. I am afraid, this update might have caused problem as it took a long time than usual. Neither the built-in speaker nor the...
  4. speakers not working

speakers not working: how do I make appointment to talk to a technician? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working/c0165834-1937-4278-886e-5ada1014b06e
  5. System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work

System Restore - Speakers No Longer Work: I recently restored two Windows 10 machines and both machines no longer have speakers that work. The speakers are LogiTech Z130 and Dell N889. I attempted to see if the issue is the speakers themselves and tested them on a spare Windows Vista machine and they are working...
  6. Using System Tray 'Speakers' to switch speakers

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using System Tray 'Speakers' to switch speakers: ..is not working. I can see the speakers connected to my PC one in my monitor and one connected via USB and both are working. I have also used Win10's speaker setting to set application defaults. The apps are not using the defaults and changing the system tray does not...
  7. Speakers not working

Speakers not working: Speakers are not working on widow 10 I have tried many things can not work out what to do. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speakers-not-working/eec5d25c-c8f5-4da2-b3b2-7ecb34364a92
  8. Speakers are not working

Speakers are not working: Hi my speakers are not working and I uninstalled and updated the drivers and tried a lot of things and then I finally understood that speakers are not detected I mean the green tick mark does not appear on speakers in the playback settings it tells not plugged in instead it...
  9. Speakers not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Speakers not working: Sorry ahead of time if there is some grammar problems. So last December I built my computer with windows 10. I have never had the need of speakers until now and just have been using my headset. A few weeks ago I tried some old speakers on my computer and the it did not...
  10. Wireless speaker system works, wired system does not. Why?

Wireless speaker system works, wired system does not. Why?: Wireless speaker system works, wired system does not. Why? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wireless-speaker-system-works-wired-system-does/42781280-7626-4024-bae2-2a1fe53cf2b4