Windows 10: No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue

Discus and support No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Daily i am faced to No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue , once restart then its working fine. But restart is not a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by vijayan.P, Jul 22, 2021.

1. vijayan.P Win User

No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue

Daily i am faced to No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue , once restart then its working fine. But restart is not a permanent solution. So we need to permanent solution. find the Attached my snap.

:)

vijayan.P, Jul 22, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. JavaCroc Win User
    No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu

I installed the recent Windows 10 feature update, as well as a Microsoft security update for Adobe Flash Player. After the updates finished and my computer restarted, I noticed that no text appears in File Explorer anymore. When I right click some things,
    some text is also missing, but not all of it. All of the options in the right-click menu still work when I press them, there's just no text identifying what that option.

As an example of my File Explorer problem, here's an image of the program on my computer.

No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue 0055d2ea-65e1-460a-b1c9-1660044052e5.png

I should note this seems to only affect some programs, like FileExplorer and also the music application foobar20. When I use FireFox, everything works fine, including right-click menus. When I use Microsoft Edge, there is no text in the right-click menu
    when I right-click the top menu tab, but text appears when I right click links in the main window.

No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue fa14b79c-9674-495f-9a04-c2cf87d21330.png

Any idea what would cause this error and how I can fix it?

JavaCroc, Jul 22, 2021
  4. No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue

mouse right click will not open my file explorer in taskbar

Hello Carl,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience caused to you. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

• What happens when you left clicking?
    • When you say right click, do you actually mean left click?
    • Which all troubleshooting steps have you already tried to resolve this issue?

Left clicking with mouse will open File explorer or any other programs. Whereas right click will give you context menu.

I suggest you to right-click on the File Explorer
    on the task bar and select Unpin from Taskbar. Now in the search bar type
    File Explorer and right click on it and select Pin it to Taskbar
    and check if it helps.

Let us know the status of the issue. We will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 22, 2021
Thema:

No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue

1. No text in File Explorer & other programs, or in right-click menu issue - Similar Threads - text File Explorer

2. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  3. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer And right click menu: When I try to open properties menu in file explorer noting pops up Don't know what to do I've tried sfc/scannow as admin and in safe mode and still did not work.My right click Context menu doesn't work either But works on chrome but not the desktop it self...
  4. File Explorer And right click menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right-click context menu in File Explorer missing: Somehow, my entire "New" submenu is missing in File Explorer. I tried adding the registry entry under HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers. as shown below, but it didn't help.Under ContextMenuHandlers check if you can find a key by name New, if...
  6. no text in some programs and right click drop down menu

no text in some programs and right click drop down menu: dear community, I created a new user on my acer extensa 15 with windowns 10 home 2004. After i did this my main user lost text on windows explorer and some other programs including zoom but firefox isnt affected.[ATTACH]...
  7. Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    Editing the File Explorer right-click menu?: I'm pretty sure that years ago (possibly on my previous PC under XP) I used to have a tool that would let me edit the FE context menu. But darned if I can find it now that I want to prune the long list I've accumulated. Can anyone point me to a safe and simple utility for...
  8. Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu

Weird issue with open files explorer in programs and options missing from right click menu: Not sure if it has something to do with the update this week but for some reason, I am unable to access my folders via programs such as paint, upload videos or pictures via facebook, youtube, discord, or even this site. There is also the problem with blank options or no...
  9. Right click menu issue

in Windows 10 Customization
    Right click menu issue: I absolutely love this theme....except that the context (right click) menus remain white. I can't believe they were intended to be this way. The theme has such beautiful artwork otherwise. Any advice, suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated. (other than live with...
  10. Start menu programs right click

in Windows 10 Support
    Start menu programs right click: Hello, recently I have reinstalled my windows, and after few days, after right clicking on my apps in start menu several options, which have been previously, disappeared. I can't uninstall, resize, or pin apps to start. Right clicking only show 'more' with sub-menu. Does...