Windows 10: No text message notifications in Your Phone app

Discus and support No text message notifications in Your Phone app in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/the_resident_skeptic, Jan 16, 2020.

1. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

I set up the Your Phone app with my Galaxy S9 and it mostly works, I can see photos, make calls, I've enabled notification access in the phone's permission settings, and I can send and receive texts and system-related notifications. The battery optimization exception setting is ON on the phone and the app is up to date, v 1.19122.131.0

What I don't get is notified that I received a text. I sent myself a bunch and they show up in the app, but if the app's not in the foreground (and even if it is) I get no notification, no sound, no postcard, no email, no voicemail, and no carrier pigeon has made a sound to tell me there's a text message waiting to be ignored.

I got some nice noise cancelling headphones which are awesome, but now I can't hear my phone notifications. Since they're hooked up to Windows it would be nice if Windows could handle the notifications because they work really well. Considering Microsoft is now competing in this space I would hope this app would work.

Fix?

Message notifications are enabled and focus assist is disabled.

Fresh (format) install of Windows as of the the 1903 update.

submitted by /u/the_resident_skeptic
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/the_resident_skeptic, Jan 16, 2020

2. Text Message Notification Sound

The "text notification" only plays if you are not actively looking at that conversation. The "alternate notification" (ding!) plays when a message is added to the conversation that is currently being viewed.

Here is an example:

• Your phone is in your pocket and the screen is off
    • Your phone makes the "text notification" sound.
    • You pick up your phone, activate the screen, pull down the action bar, and touch your new message
    • You are now inside the messaging interface, viewing the message.
    • IF you stay on this screen, all subsequent messages to this conversation will result only in the "alternate notification" (ding!) sound
    • If you leave this screen (another app, or the home screen) your "text notification" sound will play
    This behavior cannot be altered in the current version of the software. My suggestion is to either simply read your messages from the notification area and swipe them away, or else read your messages from the app and then return to the home screen.

AlbuquerqueFX, Jan 16, 2020
  3. JingleCam Win User
    text notification

Hi.

To enable notifications for text messages, please follow these steps.

1. Open the Settings app on your phone.

2. Go to the System section, then Notifications and Actions.

3. Find the Messaging app and switch it on.

4. Repeat the steps for the phone app.

JingleCam, Jan 16, 2020
  4. No text message notifications in Your Phone app

(SOLVED/CLOSED)looking for help with Android phone CONSTANT wireless signal notification

Yeah, thats not a solution she is interested in......I've suggested that course of action. Thanks though.

Just to clarify, I feel that there MUST be a step, or series of steps to turn off JUST the wireless notification sound. Thats what Im driving @ here.

jboydgolfer, Jan 16, 2020
Thema:

No text message notifications in Your Phone app

1. No text message notifications in Your Phone app - Similar Threads - text message notifications

2. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  3. Forwarding text messages with the your phone app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Forwarding text messages with the your phone app: I have Your Phone installed with Windows 10, I just installed the latest update and was hoping it would include an option to forward messages. I am still not seeing it, it seems unlikely that Microsoft would skip such a basic feature, so I am wondering if I am just not...
  4. Your Phone App - How to hard return text line in Message Text Box

Your Phone App - How to hard return text line in Message Text Box: Team, In the Your Phone app, how to hard return text line in Message Text Box?I wish to do a hard return / start a new line in the Message text box for my texts.Thank you, Stephen *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...
  5. Your Phone app: text messaging

Your Phone app: text messaging: I installed Your Phone app on my pc Windows 10 & Your Phone Companion on my android 9 Moto X4 phone. Everything is synched & working except I cannot send texts from the pc. I can receive texts on the pc, & when I send a text from my phone, the text is mirrored on the pc's...
  6. Your phone app call notification?

Your phone app call notification?: Just recently, when I make a phone call, I've started getting this popup notification in the upper right hand corner of my window, [img] which would be ok, except for the fact that it cannot be moved and it stays on top of everything, so it blocks out anything behind it...
  7. Your Phone App Call Notifications

Your Phone App Call Notifications: Since the recent upgrade to the your phone app, every time someone calls me a notification pops up on my windows 10 screen and READS the calling number out. This happens even if windows 10 is in "focus mode," regardless of the time of day or night, regardless of if I am in a...
  8. "Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...

"Your Phone" app showing text messages but no photos...: Hi guys i am trying to troubleshoot my issue for an about month now, still no luck. My phone is clear Android, Nokia 8. As text messages are showing up properly the account must be linked properly. I tried to unlink the phone from my Microsoft account, resetting apps both...
  9. Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages: How to: Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notifications for Android Messages How to Turn On or Off Your Phone app Notification Banners in Windows 10 for Android Phone Messages After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. You will can only delete...
  10. View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10: How to: View Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 How to View and Reply to Text Messages from Android Phone in Your Phone app on Windows 10 PC After you send text messages from your Android phone on your PC. Your Phone is an app that runs...