Windows 10: NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

Discus and support NO text on desktop icons & small text on google in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; hello community! i'v just logged n to my laptop and my desktop icons have no text, i cant type in cmd, taskbar options are blank. i'm quite upset... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Harry Simmonds, May 9, 2020.

1. NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

hello community!

i'v just logged n to my laptop and my desktop icons have no text, i cant type in cmd, taskbar options are blank. i'm quite upset because i don't know how to fix it because everything is blank and and i dont know what to to!

please im urging sombody, PLEASE HELP!

:)

Harry Simmonds, May 9, 2020

2. The texts and icons on the desktop are very small

The texts and icons on the desktop are very small

marisofiacartaly, May 9, 2020
  3. denmarfl Win User
    Windows 10; Desktop Icons & Text much too Small

Please tell me its not so!

PC just completed Windows10 1703 Update. prior version 1607 there was a user setting ....right click Desktop\Display\a setting to customoze desktop Icons and text Size. There were 6 to 8 individual settings you could change to make selected Icons\Text
    larger. Default setting was always 9; I always set to 11. These setting also adjusted system settings like Text in Outlook Folder list and dropdown Menus like when you click right on desktop dropdown Menu opens....the menu Text is too small. I was unable
    to find this setting in this new 1703 Install and doing some research found articles advises Microsoft removed these Desktop Icon\text setting? Suggested method to adjust them larger s a complicated Registry entries (and not sure I would tackle it). No way....if
    so why would they remove this? Surely there must be an easy way to make the adjustments.....not everyone has "young" eyes.

The Desktop Icons and text on my desktop with 1703 installed is much too small for me. Please tell me I either have just failed to find the setting to adjust the Desktop Icons\text Size as I did in all prior Windows versions, or, there is an easier way
    to get them larger without having to get into the Registry.

denmarfl, May 9, 2020
  4. NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

TEXT TO SMALL ICONS TO BIG

AFTER THE LAST WINDOWS UPDATE MY DESKTOP ICONS ARE NOW TO BIG .THE TEXT UNDER THE ICONS VERY VERY SMALL NO ONE CAN READ THEM.UNDER DOCUMENTS TEXT VERY SMALL UNDER MY PICTURES TEXT VERY SMALL .IT WAS OK UNTIL THEY DID LAST WINDOWS UPDATE.NEED HELP FIXING
    THIS PROBLEM.THIS IS A LAPTOP UPGRADED TO WINDOWS 10

MOM GLENDA ROBERSON, May 9, 2020
Thema:

NO text on desktop icons & small text on google

1. NO text on desktop icons & small text on google - Similar Threads - text desktop icons

2. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  3. Desktop Icon text is in shadow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop Icon text is in shadow: Windows 11 just updated with latest version 22H2 OS build 2261.2428. Now the desktop icons labels are in shadows. I checked registry and found that ListViewShadow was set to 0 the setting to eliminate shadows. Yet the problem persists. Anyone have suggestions on how to fix...
  4. Desktop Icon and Folder Text

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Icon and Folder Text: Can someone direct me to where I can change the font color of icons and folders appearing on recently acquired HP Envy X360 Laptop running Windows 10? Default seems to be white text which is not legible on light blue background. Need to change either the text color or the...
  5. Desktop Icon text color

Desktop Icon text color: How do you change the windows 10 desktop icons text color? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-icon-text-color/afb02ab9-ff54-4ecc-86c0-f9b4ce215329
  6. Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Desktop and File Explorer Icons and text suddenly gone too small: Recently when I started my Dell Laptop I noticed that the desktop Icons were too small and text looked like little dots and the same thing in File explorer. I tried right clicking and resizing icons but it isn't right. I even tried to reset to default. Nothing works. Lost...
  7. very small icons and very small text in taskbar,

very small icons and very small text in taskbar,: Hi ,my name is Colin i have just bought a new Dell inspiron 15 model 3585,The problem i have is tiny text and icons on task bar,and when i right click on anything that text is also so very small,i might add that in settings the text size is normal size, ease of access is of...
  8. Icon & System Text size too small

Icon & System Text size too small: I am using Windows 10 on a machine at work. I no longer can change the text size of the icons and system fonts. When I use the Display option to increase by 125%, the fonts are basically unreadable and too large in ArcGIS and several other specialized programs we use. It also...
  9. Desktop icon text color

Desktop icon text color: The default color for my desktop icons is a white font, which is hard for me to see. I can't seem to find a way to change either the color, size, or bold of the text beneath the icon...
  10. Toolbar small icons don't display text

Toolbar small icons don't display text: This happens when i use the show text option on small icons [ATTACH] Is there any way to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toolbar-small-icons-dont-display-text/39aa45fa-7430-43c8-b189-d5bbf0c1d5cf