Windows 10: No text on Windows 10 after changing all file owners to Everyone

Discus and support No text on Windows 10 after changing all file owners to Everyone in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I changed the security on all C: files to everyone and gave everyone all file permissions. Now there is no text on the desktop or any other useful app.... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by BrettMartensen, Jul 29, 2018.

1. No text on Windows 10 after changing all file owners to Everyone

I changed the security on all C: files to everyone and gave everyone all file permissions. Now there is no text on the desktop or any other useful app. Can't even see text in a command prompt dialog box with the run command.

I have booted in Toubleshooter / Advanced options / Command prompt and tried both sfc and dism but both fail. Any ideas on how to restore the text?

:)

BrettMartensen, Jul 29, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Brink Win User
    Brink, Jul 29, 2018
  4. 95Viper Win User

No text on Windows 10 after changing all file owners to Everyone

95Viper, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

No text on Windows 10 after changing all file owners to Everyone

1. No text on Windows 10 after changing all file owners to Everyone - Similar Threads - text changing file

2. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  3. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?: When inspecting the Properties>Details of any file, it shows the "Owner" as Desktop-9283\John. I want to change the name of the owner itself, NOT change the owner to another. I've already changed the computer name, user name, all file paths are showing the new name fine, and...
  4. How to change owner NAME of all files on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Changing "owner" of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changing "owner" of Windows 10: I am gifting an older laptop to a relative. I have reformatted the hard drive and set up Windows 10 with my own MS account so that I could install a newly-purchased copy of Office, and some Norton security software as part of the gift.I need to learn how to instruct the...
  6. Changing "owner" of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changing "owner" of Windows 10: I am gifting an older laptop to a relative. I have reformatted the hard drive and set up Windows 10 with my own MS account so that I could install a newly-purchased copy of Office, and some Norton security software as part of the gift.I need to learn how to instruct the...
  7. Changing "owner" of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. File owner changes

in Windows 10 Support
    File owner changes: I backup my files to a USB on another PC and the owner changes to a long string (S-1-5-21-2070691468-2192114673-407588093-1001) - what's going on??? 175144
  9. File disappear after changing the owner

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File disappear after changing the owner: I try to change the owner of a folder to myself.After that, i change who can acces it that no one can see beside me. I am the only one who can see it but when i restart my laptop i cant now see the file. The folder but it says i cannot acces the file. I look on the properties...
  10. No Text in Windows after giving permission to everyone for C: Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No Text in Windows after giving permission to everyone for C: Drive: I recently installed windows 10 in my SSD and there was already an OS in my HDD so i gave permission to everyone for HDD and SSD and also changed Ownership of SSD to my new user and started having really weird problems. Can someone help or explain me? Please Look at the...