Windows 10: No text or fonts in outlook, file explorer and settings

Discus and support No text or fonts in outlook, file explorer and settings in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; my computer has no fonts or text in emails. Please can you help - its so difficult to function with out them as you the fix from Microsoft support... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MaryBell1, Oct 15, 2018.

1. MaryBell1 Win User

No text or fonts in outlook, file explorer and settings

my computer has no fonts or text in emails.

Please can you help - its so difficult to function with out them as you

the fix from Microsoft support looked like it was going to work - as I downloaded it took many hours to install. however this morning - back to the same no text or fonts - however the time and date on the right hand corner have returned.

Have run a virus scan and nothing has turned up.

:)

MaryBell1, Oct 15, 2018
  2. Mary Sau Win User

Font Size File Explorer Windows 10

Hi,

To assist you, kindly provide us additional information.

• Did you make any changes before the issue started?
    • Does it happen only with your File Explorer?
    • Can you please provide us a screenshot of the item that you want the font or the box to be adjusted?
    For the meantime, if you simply want to change the font size, we recommend that you follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + i to open Settings.
    • In the Settings, choose System -> Display -> Advanced display settings -> Advanced sizing of text and other items.
    • In Change only the text size drop-down, choose Icons. Adjust what size you prefer and click Apply.

Let us know how it goes.

Mary Sau, Oct 15, 2018
  3. qubit Win User
    How to install outlook express on windows xp with explorer 8?

This is an awkward problem to solve and one I don't think is worth the time and effort.

The OP would be better off either using a modern webmail service like gmail or outlook.com or using a modern email client like Windows Live Mail like FX-GMC suggested or Thunderbird from Mozilla. If nothing else, Outlook Distress was notorious for corrupting its data files and losing all your email in one easy step. Not worth it.

qubit, Oct 15, 2018
  4. No text or fonts in outlook, file explorer and settings

Decreasing font size in Internet Explorer address box (Windows 10)

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

• Is this issue specific to Internet Explorer?
    I would suggest you to try the steps as below and check.

Step 1:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Font Settings, click
    Restore default font settings and click OK

Step 2:

Press Windows key + X and click Control Panel

Click Fonts and then click Change font size

Under Change only text size, select an option from drop-down menu and select the text size, click
    Apply

Hope this information is helpful. Please feel free to reply in case you face any other issues with Windows in future.

Niranjan Manjhi, Oct 15, 2018
Thema:

No text or fonts in outlook, file explorer and settings

1. No text or fonts in outlook, file explorer and settings - Similar Threads - text fonts outlook

2. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  3. How to set email font, new Outlook

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to set email font, new Outlook: How does one set the default font for emails composed in the new Outlook? Help gives the answer "Go to File > Options > Mail > Stationery and Fonts..."But there is no "File" in the new Outlook! I've also looked at the Windows options and outlook.live.com/mail etc. and can't...
  4. Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small: Hi, when I drag files in Windows 10 file explorer, the icon is fine, but the font size of the hint i.e "Move to..." or "Copy to..." is so small I can't read it. It used to be fine, not sure what I did to cause this. How do I restore or change that text back to something I can...
  5. Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small: Hi, when I drag files in Windows 10 file explorer, the icon is fine, but the font size of the hint i.e "Move to..." or "Copy to..." is so small I can't read it. It used to be fine, not sure what I did to cause this. How do I restore or change that text back to something I can...
  6. Font/Text Size of Drag and Drop Hint in File Explorer To Small

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting: I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays bigger for most applications like Edge, and is fine, in File Explorer all of the names of folders and files are clipped at the...
  8. Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting

Text Column Width in File Explorer After Changing Text Size in Setting: I changed the text size in the settings to make the text bigger so I can see it easier when working on my 29" PC monitors. While the text displays bigger for most applications like Edge, and is fine, in File Explorer all of the names of folders and files are clipped at the...
  9. Font size in File Explorer

Font size in File Explorer: I find the font size too small in File Explorer in Win 11, but when I try to increase the font size, it does not seem to effect the font size in File Explorer. Has that ability been dropped in Windows 11?I think I was able to increase it in Win 10. If some one has found a way...
  10. Outlook files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook files in File Explorer: i recently had to restore my hard rive and operating system. i reinstalled Microsoft Office 365 to my computer and for some reason I can't get File Explorer to recognize Outlook. It will not let me use Outlook to retrieve any email message I stored from Outlook....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. no text in file explorer