Windows 10: No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Discus and support No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ChroMe55555, Nov 12, 2020.

1. No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Hi,

This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files.

I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a thumbnail and now all MP3's look the same, they all have the icon of the program which I open them with.
    Another thing I notice is if I go to a directory with MP3's, all columns such as artists/title/length etc are empty (they used to contain data). If I open my MP3 files with MP3Tag (a tool to add metadata to MP3's), I see that the cover and the metadata is still there. So I think it is a display issue in my explorer.

I run Windows 10 64 bit

I already tried:
    - File Explorer > View > Options > View > Always show icons, never thumbnails = UNCHECKED (+ restart computer)
    - Windows Performance Options > Show thumbnails instead of icons = CHECKED + Save taskbar thumbnail previews = CHECKED (+ restart computer)
    - C:\ drive > Properties > Disk Cleanup > Thumbnails CHECKED (+ restart computer)
    - Ran the bat file from the tutorial Clear and Reset Thumbnail Cache in Windows 10

Nothing seems to work at this moment.

:)

ChroMe55555, Nov 12, 2020
  2. banditrvp Win User

File Explorer - Some PDF's show thumbnail image, some don’t

In Windows 10 File Explorer, I see thumbnails for a few of my pdf files but still see the generic Adobe pdf icon for most of them.

• In Windows 10 folder options, the checkbox for “Always show icons, never thumbnails” is unchecked.
    • On the Adobe Reader preferences general tab, “Enable PDF thumbnails previews in Windows Explorer” is checked.
    • Adobe Acrobat is set as my default PDF viewer.
    • I have used Disk Cleanup to delete all my thumbnails to clear and rebuild the cache, yet the problem persists.
    Any suggestions on how I can see all the pdf icons as thumbnails?
    Windows 10 Pro, Version 1903, Build 18362.657
    Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (20.006.20034)

I asked over in the Adobe Acrobat Reader forum a few days ago but have received no replies.

No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF [​IMG]

Ron

banditrvp, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Preview and thumbnails of pdf files are not available

Hi Michelle, my name is Martin and I'm an Independent Advisor. I'll try to help you here.

Preview and Thumbnails of PDF files can be disabled on your PC . . .

I suggest that you follow steps below to enable this feature

Start Adobe Reader

Tap on Edit in the menu bar and select Preferences

Under Categories highlight General

Put the checkmark next to the box Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer

I also recommend the article - Enable thumbnail of PDFs in Windows Explorer to get further information

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/enable-pd...

Martin Jenkinss, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Chuter44 Win User

No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

.mp4 thumbnail icons!?

Did the feature update this morning and now I don't get thumbnail previews for .mp4 files only!

Any idea why anyone!? I like my thumbnails!!!

Chuter.

EDIT: To be more specific it seems it's only not going to show me the .mp4 video thumbnails for the videos that came from my MotoZ2 play device which are in 4k. if that may have anything to do with it?

Chuter44, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

1. No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF - Similar Threads - thumbnails data 'lenght'

2. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  3. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  4. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  5. MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 to MP3: I need to change an MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10. Any assistance is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-to-mp3/2990569e-5c77-4486-a3a6-9c118609f2d8
  6. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...: hi I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore...
  7. my mp4 to mp3 converter

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    my mp4 to mp3 converter: hello for the past serval days my converter has not been working right I go to youtube.com and copy and paste the link and nothing happens is the converter out of date or need an updated version thank you David wright 904 207 2992...
  8. Covert MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Covert MP4 to MP3: Hi . Is there a way to do it without using third party software? submitted by /u/faizalr17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzfv7d/covert_mp4_to_mp3/
  9. .mp4 thumbnail icons!?

.mp4 thumbnail icons!?: Did the feature update this morning and now I don't get thumbnail previews for .mp4 files only! Any idea why anyone!? I like my thumbnails!!! Chuter. EDIT: To be more specific it seems it's only not going to show me the .mp4 video thumbnails for the videos that came...
  10. PDF thumbnails

PDF thumbnails: I’d like to learn how the file explorer preview pane display thumbnails of PDF documents. I need it to capture and then save the thumbnail of the first page of PDFs to a photo format (e.g., jpg, png, tiff, etc)....