Windows 10: No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

Discus and support No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and everything seemed to work really well until I tried using the Search Bar. The problem is that although... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Gary Peacock, Jul 29, 2015.

1. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

I got the free Windows 10 upgrade yesterday and everything seemed to work really well until I tried using the Search Bar.
    The problem is that although search results are returned (The indexing seems to be correct) the images displayed under the Photos section are mostly missing their thumbnails which makes the feature pretty useless.
    Some images have thumbnails but most don't and it isn't any specific file type that does or not display it just seems random.
    I have attached a quick screen shot so you can see what I mean.

Thanks in advance for any help or advice!*Confused

No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results. [​IMG]

:)

Gary Peacock, Jul 29, 2015
  2. Annval Win User

Viewing photo files on phone as thumbnails

When using the PC to access the photos on my Samsung S3, Android 4.1.2, they are no longer shown as thumbnails, just Icons. The photo files on the computer are displaying ok as thumbnails, as were phone files previously. Settings are the same in folder
    search box, i.e, the box "do not show as thumbnails" is unticked. Cannot find any help on phone settings either. Anyone else run into this problem?

Annval, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Rose Ter Win User
    Picture preview at Windows 10

Hi Chan,

If File Explorer is not showing thumbnail previews for photos in Windows 10, You may try out the following solutions:

Check if thumbnail preview supported view is turned on

Make sure that you have turned on the thumbnail preview supported view for the folder where you have your photos. Note that every folder can have its own view setting, and when you change the view, it won’t be applied to all
    the folders on your PC.

To turn on thumbnail preview supported view, click on the View tab, and then click on one of the following views: Extra-large icons, Large icons, Medium icons, Tiles, Content.

Check if thumbnails are disabled

When thumbnails are turned off, the File Explorer displays icons of the default program for the file type instead of the thumbnail preview. You may try these steps:

• Open up File Explorer. Click the File menu and then click Change folder and search options to open Folder Options. If a file is selected in the particular folder, you might see just Options instead of Change folder and search options. Clicking Options
      will also open Folder Options.
    • Switch to the View tab. Under Advanced settings section, uncheck the option labeled Always show icons, never thumbnails, and then click Apply button
      to enable thumbnails in Windows Explorer.

Feel free to contact us if you have further inquiries.

Rose Ter, Jul 29, 2015
  4. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

Solved it the problem was been caused by the fact I was using Sage Thumbs to display .psd files prior to the upgrade.

Gary Peacock, Jul 29, 2015
Thema:

No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results.

1. No thumbnails displayed in Photos section of search results. - Similar Threads - thumbnails displayed Photos

2. Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc: I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on the taskbar sometimes the result doesn't appear, and sometimes when they appear their thumbnails seem to be a plain white sheet...
  3. Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Search not working properly and thumbnails of results of the search missing after resetting pc: I have recently reset my windows pc, with the 'keep my files' option enabled. But afterward, when I search for some app/folder in the search area on the taskbar sometimes the result doesn't appear, and sometimes when they appear their thumbnails seem to be a plain white sheet...
  4. Error displaying search section

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error displaying search section: Error displaying search section https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-displaying-search-section/fe6e3afd-5015-4702-84e6-17d95490a42d
  5. Error displaying search section

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error displaying search section: Error displaying search section https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-displaying-search-section/fe6e3afd-5015-4702-84e6-17d95490a42d
  6. google search results thumbnails show only 2 seconds

google search results thumbnails show only 2 seconds: When I do a google search (not chrome) There will be small previews/thumbnails of products that quickly disappear. How do I get them to stay again? Edge Windows 10 home...
  7. video and photo thumbnail not displaying

video and photo thumbnail not displaying: I can open photos and videos but it doesn't display the image/video on the thumbnail which is frustrating as I want to send some photos to someone but have to click on each image and open it to view it, same applies to videos, help!...
  8. Search result thumbnails issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Search result thumbnails issue: Before updating to the windows 10 anniversary, The search result would displayed in a versatile shape, By that I mean in some folders I would have the search result to display in detail mode and in some folders in big thumbnail mode, and the next time I would run the search...
  9. Search does not display any results

in Windows 10 Support
    Search does not display any results: The title says everything. I rebuilt the index, moved it to another disk, rebuilt again without any result: no results in the search window. Cortana is off and web searching is off. Even if web searching is on, there are no search results in the window. This has never...
  10. Disable Photos from Search Results

in Windows 10 Support
    Disable Photos from Search Results: Is there any way to adjust what is shown in the search results? I don't like photos popping up when I'm just trying to open a program. 67472