Windows 10: No Thumbnails on Task Bar

Discus and support No Thumbnails on Task Bar in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; The software in [ATTACH]questions is Adobe Acrobat DC.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DavidCamilleri1, Aug 28, 2019.

1. No Thumbnails on Task Bar

The software in No Thumbnails on Task Bar b41f5910-586d-4e4e-b2f5-b7b832490a78?upload=true.jpg questions is Adobe Acrobat DC.

:)

DavidCamilleri1, Aug 28, 2019

2. Cannot modify Task Bar settings

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will be happy to assist you.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if the issue persists.

• Right click on the Task Bar.
    • Uncheck the option " Lock the Taskbar."

Hope this helps.

Arvind Ram, Aug 28, 2019
  3. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are
    now slow to open.

Some icons on the task bar are not displaying, for example Edge. Its there but no icon. Removing it and then reinstating to the task bar has the same effect.

christopherreade1, Aug 28, 2019
  4. No Thumbnails on Task Bar

Task view thumbnails

At least we got a progress after performing a clean boot. Now, since there are instances that the thumbnails are still disappearing, then this may have something to do with the thumbnail cache. So, here's what to do next.

Follow the steps below to recreate the thumbnail cache using Disk Cleanup:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Click This PC on the left pane.
    • Right-click the C: driver where Windows 10 is installed and select Properties.
    • Next, click Disk Cleanup.
    • Uncheck all the boxes, then check the Thumbnail box only.
    • Click OK, then click Delete Files to confirm and to complete the task.

After that, you should be able to browse files and folders on your computer with thumbnail previews showing up correctly.

Let us know if this goes well for you.

Marque Lor, Aug 28, 2019
Thema:

No Thumbnails on Task Bar

1. No Thumbnails on Task Bar - Similar Threads - Thumbnails Task Bar

2. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Customization
    How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar: I refer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews/7439e434-66ca-40f5-a653-ca847bd465a1 and similar.No one of the posted answers work.My question:How to disable RELIABLE the thumbnail preview so only the list...
  3. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar: I refer to this question: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/turn-off-taskbar-thumbnail-previews/7439e434-66ca-40f5-a653-ca847bd465a1 and similar.No one of the posted answers work.My question:How to disable RELIABLE the thumbnail preview so only the list...
  4. How To Turn Off Thumbnail Preview in Task Bar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How do I disable the task bar preview/thumbnail problem?

How do I disable the task bar preview/thumbnail problem?: This has only ever been a hindrance to me. This pop-up thumbnail is in the way. I have never used it and I now find it trips me up and slows down my work I am a keyboard person.I would prefer nothing ever pop up like that, the alt-tab function is way more efficient. I do not...
  6. Make task bar preview thumbnails order the same as app windows ?

in Windows 10 Support
    Make task bar preview thumbnails order the same as app windows ?: I'd like the task bar thumbnail previews to position the same way as the windows that they represent. For example, if I have 2 windows of Firefox, the task bar shows 2 thumbnail previews. If I click the left thumbnail I would like the left Firefox window to be foregrounded....
  7. task bar menu or thumbnail cut off

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    task bar menu or thumbnail cut off: Hi. Did anyone encountered similar issue, while Chrome browser is loading, practically when u click on the Windows to load for the start menu, or simply open up anything from the notification center, the windows got cut-off, meaning u are able to see something is popping up...
  8. task bar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    task bar: how can i merge cortana to search bar and how to customise the startmenu when i click on windows button and change the task view button . i have windows 10 pro but still my icons are of home.[ATTACH]...
  9. Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Thumbnails and task bar icons not displaying: Since the last Windows 10 update my thumbnails do not display. Some flash on when a folder is opened but then revert to an icon. I've already tried clearing cache and trying different programs to open the files. Also the folders containing thumbnails are now slow to open....
  10. Thumbnails in task bar don't show any more

Thumbnails in task bar don't show any more: So there must have been an update a couple months ago because since about August like half of the thumbnails on the task bar don't work. Like my calendar, calculator and a few other programs that I typically have down there. Anyone else having this problem or know of a...