Windows 10: no tiles in the start menu

Discus and support no tiles in the start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksjk1998, Jul 16, 2015.

1. ksjk1998 Win User

no tiles in the start menu

no tiles in the start menu [​IMG]
    I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it

:)

ksjk1998, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Tiles are gone in the Start menu

Hi Mike,

To address your concern regarding the missing tiles, kindly click this
    link
    follow the steps provided by Sayan_Ghosh on March 6, 2016.

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Jul 16, 2015
  3. mike4golf Win User
    Tiles are gone in the Start menu

I rebooted Windows 10 and now I have no tiles in Start.

Where did they go? I tried all the suggestions in all previous threads that reference this problem without success. I even tried moving an app to where the tiles should be thinking I could start a new tile menu-- nope! Is there a setting switch or something
    so that my tiles come back?

mike4golf, Jul 16, 2015
  4. no tiles in the start menu

Have you right-clicked on an app in the Most Used List and clicked on Pin to Start? It's improbable, but maybe the Start Menu didn't get built right but adding something may open it up.

OldGuyGeek, Jul 16, 2015
  5. I've notice display drivers are causing a lot of issues with 10240. Maybe a full uninstall & reinstall of the drivers are in order.

fracking4oil, Jul 16, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Other than doing a reinstall, the profile will not fix itself as it is based on a existing file that will not get replaced.

The correct way to do it is create a new user account, look at the start menu to make sure the tiles look right, then logout.
    Login back to the admin account, run task manager, go to services tab and stop the tiledatamodelsvc service, it might take several tries as the service will restart and the PID is the same as StateRepository as you will notice they will either be stopped or running at the same time when you stop the tiledatamodelsvc.

What you want to do is then delete all the files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database where <username> is the user's Start Menu that needs fixing.

Then you just copy C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\vedatamodel.edb and put it in the above folder. The <username> here is the newly created account you just logged out of. After this, just click on the start menu as it will restart the service you just stopped earlier.

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no tiles in the start menu

1. no tiles in the start menu - Similar Threads - tiles start menu

2. Start Menu Tiles...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Start Menu Tiles...: [ATTACH] Is there any way to change Windows 10 UWP app tiles to an unsupported color or at least, change it without changing the accent color? https://preview.redd.it/mbqdxtnjwlx51.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=4cb2a93bc3c80ee24150a8458dd752ab330f4e94 submitted...
  3. start menu pinned tiles

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu pinned tiles: when ever i close everything i cant see anything in desktop apps because start menu pinned tiles wont close??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-pinned-tiles/e0987182-f335-48a0-ab83-c7f1a213dfbd
  4. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  6. Start Menu Tile Troubles

Start Menu Tile Troubles: Hi, Does anyone know how to make my Origin Tile show as the default colour, as I've not touched anything and it's gone black since I updated Windows 10. See Screenshot. [img] Thanks 41806
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. start menu tile colors

start menu tile colors: I've scanned to find information on changing the tile colors and found nothing. Is there a way to change the start menu tile colors so they're not the same? Windows 8.1 had different color tiles but Windows 10 has most of them the same. Thanks 17729
  9. Custom start menu tile

Custom start menu tile: I just installed the latest version of Dropbox (desktop, not app) and realised that they are able to have a nice looking start menu tile. Any ideas on how to replicate this effect for my other start menu shortcuts? [img] For instance, the Dropbox icon doesn't look too...
  10. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tiles dont appear windows 10