Windows 10: no tiles in the start menu

Discus and support no tiles in the start menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ksjk1998, Jul 16, 2015.

1. ksjk1998 Win User

no tiles in the start menu

no tiles in the start menu [​IMG]
    I've had this problem for a while and with every build it doesn't get fixed. When I open the start menu the tiles don't appear. Screenshot should say it all. If anyone can tell me what to do to get this problem solved I would appreciate it

:)

ksjk1998, Jul 16, 2015
  2. Ar Rom Win User

Tiles are gone in the Start menu

Hi Mike,

To address your concern regarding the missing tiles, kindly click this
    link
    follow the steps provided by Sayan_Ghosh on March 6, 2016.

Keep us posted with the result.

Ar Rom, Jul 16, 2015
  3. mike4golf Win User
    Tiles are gone in the Start menu

I rebooted Windows 10 and now I have no tiles in Start.

Where did they go? I tried all the suggestions in all previous threads that reference this problem without success. I even tried moving an app to where the tiles should be thinking I could start a new tile menu-- nope! Is there a setting switch or something
    so that my tiles come back?

mike4golf, Jul 16, 2015
  4. no tiles in the start menu

Have you right-clicked on an app in the Most Used List and clicked on Pin to Start? It's improbable, but maybe the Start Menu didn't get built right but adding something may open it up.

OldGuyGeek, Jul 16, 2015
  5. I've notice display drivers are causing a lot of issues with 10240. Maybe a full uninstall & reinstall of the drivers are in order.

fracking4oil, Jul 16, 2015
  6. Almighty1 Win User
    Other than doing a reinstall, the profile will not fix itself as it is based on a existing file that will not get replaced.

The correct way to do it is create a new user account, look at the start menu to make sure the tiles look right, then logout.
    Login back to the admin account, run task manager, go to services tab and stop the tiledatamodelsvc service, it might take several tries as the service will restart and the PID is the same as StateRepository as you will notice they will either be stopped or running at the same time when you stop the tiledatamodelsvc.

What you want to do is then delete all the files in C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database where <username> is the user's Start Menu that needs fixing.

Then you just copy C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\TileDataLayer\Database\vedatamodel.edb and put it in the above folder. The <username> here is the newly created account you just logged out of. After this, just click on the start menu as it will restart the service you just stopped earlier.

Almighty1, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

no tiles in the start menu

1. no tiles in the start menu - Similar Threads - tiles start menu

2. Start Menu Tiles Transparency

in Windows 10 Customization
    Start Menu Tiles Transparency: I just installed the feature update 2004 (OS Build 19041.450) but my live tiles still aren't transparent. Is there anything that I must do to get that? [img] 163326
  3. windows start menu tiles

windows start menu tiles: Hi, Today i updated may 2004 version through windows update page. but i see that some start menu tiles saying 'a great app is on its way' I updated all microsoft store apps and 'update apps automatically' button is also turned on. My previous version of windows had the...
  4. Start Menu Tiles

Start Menu Tiles: Hi, I really like the original factory start menu view with all of the tiles. I did someting and now when I click start menu I only get cortona to come up. Is there a fix for this? I know it is likely something easy.... Help!...
  5. Start menu weather tile

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Start menu weather tile: My start menu weather tile displayed temps and so forth when this installation of Win 10 was new (about four days ago). I didn't mess with it because I kind of liked it there. But now it is just a turquoise coloured tile...no information at all...and when I click on it it...
  6. START MENUE TILES

START MENUE TILES: USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT WHY THE START TILES ARE NOT THE SAME ON EACH COMPUTER USING THE SAME MICROSOFT ACCOUNT. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menue-tiles/22d9f2c5-64c5-4b9a-9549-f88a285c37f7
  7. Start menu tiles

Start menu tiles: Hi Im trying to sort out a problem, recently I noticed that I cant add tiles to the start menu, I cant delete ones already there, I cant move them where I want them to be and that the *context* menu that appears when I right click on the tiles already pinned to the start...
  8. Start Menu tiles

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles: I have mistakenly dragged my mail tile/ icon from the Start Menu in W.10 to the desktop. How can I return it to the start menu ? ( drag and drop does not work ) 69326
  9. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...
  10. Start Menu tiles darkening

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu tiles darkening: This happens when I click "All Apps" in the Start menu followed by scrolling/clicking. The icons also get pixelated and blurry. The issue seemed to be related to Intel HD4600 graphic as the issue did not surface when I disabled it and run solely on discrete GPU on my laptop....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. tiles dont appear windows 10