Windows 10: No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled

Discus and support No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 13 9530 running on Windows 10 and want to disable my touchpad so it doesn't make the cursor jump all over the place (FAR worse since... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DonnaFr53, Jul 27, 2019.

1. DonnaFr53 Win User

No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled

I have a Dell XPS 13 9530 running on Windows 10 and want to disable my touchpad so it doesn't make the cursor jump all over the place (FAR worse since latest Windows mega-update). I've fallen down a rabbit hole with it since there is no toggle to disable it and all the screenshots I've looked in the various suggestions of how to do this don't look at all like mine and don't have the same menus as mine.

I have discovered there is NO touchpad driver in the Device Manager (or anywhere else) and when I troubleshoot, I'm told that all my drivers are up to date. The Dell drivers and downloads page tells me there is no driver for me to download.

In desperation I found an app that's supposed to block your touchpad, but it didn't work. Is the only solution to get my PC repair guy to physically disconnect the touchpad to stop this problem? Please help! It has taken me ages to write this as my cursor is flying everywhere.

:)

DonnaFr53, Jul 27, 2019
  2. Ralph Sta Win User

disable touchpad

Hi Donna,

Disabling touchpad will depend on the make and model of your Laptop. Some models would have its own button that would allow you to disable/enable the touchpad from the keyboard. Other models would also have settings from its own driver software that would
    allow you to toggle it on/off. Since you've mentioned that your laptop is Dell, may we know the specific model?

However, if you have other pointing device to connect on your laptop (like a mouse), you can disable the touchpad through Windows settings by following these steps:

• On your keyboard, press Windows + I.
    • Click Devices.
    • Choose Touchpad.
    • Uncheck Leave touchpad on when a mouse is connected.

After performing the steps above, your touchpad will be disabled until you disconnect the other pointing device.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards.

Ralph Sta, Jul 27, 2019
  3. nxavis9 Win User
    I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Jul 27, 2019
  4. Josie23 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

These 7 steps allowed me to disable my touchpad (Dell laptop, Windows 10):

1. Win Start button
    2. Type in "device manager"
    3. Select Device Manager to open it
    4. Click down arrow to left of "Mice and other..." to expand
    5. Right click Dell Touchpad
    6. Disable device
    7. Yes

No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled [​IMG]

Josie23, Jul 27, 2019
Thema:

1. No Touchpad Driver So Touchpad Can't Be Disabled - Similar Threads - Touchpad Driver Touchpad

2. Disable Touchpad

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable Touchpad: Tried everything to disable my touchpad and there is no way in my settings to disable it. Then I found that I have a Windows App called Synaptics Touchpad. I clicked the Start Button, clicked All Apps, scrolled down to Synaptics Touchpad, clicked it and it opened up and there...
  3. Disabling Touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Disabling Touchpad: Using a USB mouse and would like to turn off touchpad. However for my version of Windows 10 there is no option in Touchpad setting in Control Panel to disable touchpad. Home Version 10.0.19043 Build 19043...
  4. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: Windows 10, HP laptop, Pavilion I cannot find the best forum for this question and was directed here. I cannot keep my fingers off the touchpad, and cannot uninstall it. Here are the steps I have taken. Please advise as to what I should do differently. Hold down the...
  5. Disable Touchpad

Disable Touchpad: I have a HP Pavilion Laptop and Windows 10. I have tried everything to try and disable touchpad but have been unsuccessful. Under touchpad on the settings it only allows me to have low sensitivity but nothing gives me option to disable. Can you help? I have tried...
  6. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: How can I disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/3768a8f6-533c-4f10-a161-2155e92daa03
  7. Can't Disable Touchpad

Can't Disable Touchpad: Beginning with the Windows 10 1903 update, laptop owners can no longer disable their touchpad. What in the world were you thinking, Microsoft? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-disable-touchpad/d738dc58-a0c7-425c-8fa4-6939689b7117
  8. disable touchpad

disable touchpad: How to disable touchpad? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disable-touchpad/f428698e-7f74-4aa6-9c6b-be1431f17d6d
  9. Disable TouchPad

Disable TouchPad: I have a Lenovo ThinkPad R500 laptop on which Win 10 hasbeen installed. The laptop was given to me just to try Win 10. I dislike usingthe touch pad and want to disable it but I can't do it. One way that issupposed to work is to go to Control Panel and bring up the mouse icon....
  10. Can't disable touchpad

Can't disable touchpad: I do not like the touch pad. When I had Windows 8.1, I simply disabled it. But Windows 10 has a mind of it's own. I go into settings for touch pad and put a check mark where it says "disable touch pad". But as soon as I restart, the touch is enabled. I go where I put the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. touchpad cant be siabled