Windows 10: No Touchpad or Mouse function but needed for Clean Install

Discus and support No Touchpad or Mouse function but needed for Clean Install in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello All, I am trying to clean install W10 pro [currently W7 pro] on a Lenovo G50 Laptop. Have used the Media Creation Tool to prepare a flash drive.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by MWombat, Aug 22, 2019.

1. MWombat Win User

No Touchpad or Mouse function but needed for Clean Install

Hello All,
    I am trying to clean install W10 pro [currently W7 pro] on a Lenovo G50 Laptop.
    Have used the Media Creation Tool to prepare a flash drive. All went totally as expected.
    BIOS set to 'Legacy'.
    Flash drive boots OK but I get no further than the first 'language etc' screen as I dont have any Touchpad or wired Mouse function.
    So I cant move on with the install.
    Anyone any ideas please ?
    Thanks,

]

:)

MWombat, Aug 22, 2019
  2. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Aug 22, 2019
  3. geoffers Win User
    SOLVED: Laptop Touchpad fully functional, but not in Universal apps

OK - sorted it finally :
    • in step one/two above you delete the existing Synaptics drivers then have to reboot
    • unfortunately when the PC restarts it installs some generic touchpad drivers which have the basic functionality
    • So although step4 (run setup) appears to work, it hasn't actually done anything as the generic drivers are already there
    So what you have to do is this...

• In device manager, select the mouse device and click update drivers.
    • Then select Browse My Computer > Let me pick from a list > Have disk button, and select the folder with the new Synaptics drivers (I'm running 32-bit windows so selected ..\WinWDF\x86).
    • The green progress bar shows the drivers are loading, then when it's all done you now have the new functionality installed - RESULT!!!
    • No Touchpad or Mouse function but needed for Clean Install [​IMG]

geoffers, Aug 22, 2019
  4. cauyao615 Win User

Mouse and touchpad not working

Bump anyone got any suggestion on how to fix my problem? My touchpad not being on the mice and other poiting devices really bothers me, i think its malfunctioning and hi-jacking my mouse to function

cauyao615, Aug 22, 2019
Thema:

1. No Touchpad or Mouse function but needed for Clean Install - Similar Threads - Touchpad Mouse function

2. touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality: we need more advanced option in touch pad sectionthere is no move functionality while tripple or quadro fingers are tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-middle-mouse-button-with-press-and-drag/9b98ac8e-1d33-448f-93e7-1e49449aab20
  3. touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality: we need more advanced option in touch pad sectionthere is no move functionality while tripple or quadro fingers are tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-middle-mouse-button-with-press-and-drag/9b98ac8e-1d33-448f-93e7-1e49449aab20
  4. How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?: Hello! I was wondering how to get middle mouse function on a touchpad if possible. I know you can do middle clicks, but I was hoping for a way to have middle mouse functions aside from that ex: in some programs, if you hold the middle button down and move the mouse it moves...
  5. How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?: Hello! I was wondering how to get middle mouse function on a touchpad if possible. I know you can do middle clicks, but I was hoping for a way to have middle mouse functions aside from that ex: in some programs, if you hold the middle button down and move the mouse it moves...
  6. How to use middle mouse functions on a touchpad?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. middle mouse functions using touchpad

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    middle mouse functions using touchpad: I want to use middle mouse functions on my laptop but i don't have a mouse, every answer i've seen online hasn't helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-mouse-functions-using-touchpad/d2e56e13-bcaa-49fa-8b18-671f4699b81d
  8. Mouse disappeared after touchpad cleaned

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mouse disappeared after touchpad cleaned: Occasionally i have to clean my touchpad. Sometimes the cursor freezes for a few seconds, but its always been fine afterwards. However, this time it dissapeared and i cant get it back. Ive already tried the fn + f3/f5/f9 trick and it didnt work....
  9. Clean-Install needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean-Install needed: I think I already know the answers to my question -- but I wanted to check with the Experts here before I attempt this and ruin a working PC. (NOTE: This is my wife's PC, and she will KILL me if I mess it up!) I have an old Win10 desktop (upgraded from Win7) that is NOW...
  10. If clean install is needed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    If clean install is needed: Hi I bought a windows 10 laptop removed the drive and fitted SSD drive cloned the original drive,what would happen if for any reason I had to reinstall windows 10 i dont have a product key! Would I need a product key?do i need to keep the original drive with the operating...