Windows 10: No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.

Discus and support No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana. in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello, I faced a strange problem with Cortana settings, when i go to talk to Cortana section in settings i do not have '' Respond when anyone says... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by MHS1997, Nov 10, 2019.

1. MHS1997 Win User

No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.

Hello,

I faced a strange problem with Cortana settings, when i go to talk to Cortana section in settings i do not have '' Respond when anyone says hey cortana'' or '' Try to respond only to me'' options. They are not greyed out, the problem is they are not there at all. I used to have these settings and even I taught it how I say Hey Cortana. but the option is not there anymore. Now she responds to anyone.

The device is Asus zenbook ux480fd, os version 1903, build info 18362.449.

Sorry, I am not an expert but if you require other details i will try to provide it.

Thanks for your helps!

:)

MHS1997, Nov 10, 2019

2. "let cortana respond to hey cortana" in the cortana settings option grayed out

I do not have the option "let cortana respond to hey cortana" in the cortana settings. Hence i cannot talk to cortana. Any suggestions as to what should i do ?

Original title: cortana error

Khadija Daruwala, Nov 10, 2019
  3. Jelo Sen Win User
    cortana not responding

Hello,

There are a number of reasons why Cortana has stopped working on your device. To better assist you, we would like you to answer the following questions:

• Is this issue happening to all of your commands?
    • Have you checked your mic if it’s working properly?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    In the meantime, we suggest that you refer to this link:
    Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana
    . This article contains steps that you can perform to address your query.

Looking forward to your response.

Jelo Sen, Nov 10, 2019
  4. No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.

cortana not responding

Hello Gregory,

Thank you for posting your concern in Microsoft Community and we regret for the inconvenience.

In order to make Cortana working and take its advantages fully, please ensure following points:

• Cortana is only available in some specific regions of world. Also, if you are using an active language pack, make sure
      Cortana supports the language you’ve installed. Access the System Locale and language settings and check if the settings are set to correct

Cortana's regions and languages
    • Make sure your regional settings, date and time are correctly set.

As an initial recommendation, I suggest you to review the below Microsoft help link and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Troubleshoot problems opening the Start menu or Cortana

Next, I suggest you to follow these steps to run the Windows in built troubleshooter. This is a diagnostic which helps to identify any issues present in your PC.

a) Write Troubleshooting in the search box and hit enter.

b) Click on Troubleshooting
    tab.

c) Click on view all option on the upper left corner.

d) Select the Search and Indexing option from the list.

e) Click Next to run the Troubleshooter.

Write to us with the updated status for us to be able to assist you further.

Sayan_Ghosh, Nov 10, 2019
Thema:

No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana.

1. No '' Try to respond only to me'' option in Cortana. - Similar Threads - Try respond me''

2. Cortana and Search not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana and Search not responding: Hi, After a new update KB4497165 on my windows 10 version 1909, the Cortana and Search on the toolbar are not responding when I click them. I have tried to uninstall the latest update, reset the search box and running troubleshoot. But nothing works. I am not sure if this...
  3. Cortana hears me but doesn't respond

in Cortana
    Cortana hears me but doesn't respond: Cortana suddenly will not respond to me. If I say "hey cortana" it pops up and allows me to say something but then just spins and stops eventually. I've spent probably a total of 4-5 hours researching and attempting literally every solution I can find. I've even done system...
  4. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: Hi All, I recently bought surface book. OS is upgraded to latest. When I open the Cortana, it opens up and waiting for my voice. Even though, I speak something, Cortana is not Responding back. I used voice recorder application to test, which was working perfectly....
  5. Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update

in Cortana
    Cortana: Try to respond only to me option gone as of recent update: I am very confused. I looked this problem up on the internet, and it only showed results for when the "Try to respond only to me" option is grayed out. However, my problem is not that it's grayed out. My problem is that the feature is missing completely. Is this only...
  6. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  7. Cortana is not responding?

in Windows 10 Support
    Cortana is not responding?: I use Windows 10 home edition, I have 32 gig of ram and more hard drive space than I will ever use! My problem is that I an a Windows Insider who allows preview builds. After the latest build and cumulative update, when trying to use Cortana I get a message: "Sorry but...
  8. Cortana is not responding

in Cortana
    Cortana is not responding: My Cortana is not responding anymore since I have upgraded to Window 10 (1903). It worked just fine before the upgrade but now I cannot the Cortana to hear me ( the microphone and speakers work just fine). I tried everything but nothing is working....
  9. Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding)

in Cortana
    Cortana giving me the silent treatment (Not hearing me, not responding): Cortana won't respond to me nor will she talk, no matter what i do. She really isn't a personal assistant anymore, just a search bar sitting on my taskbar. If I press the mic icon, I don't even get the chance to say anything before the "Tap Here to make sure Cortana can hear...
  10. Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana": Hey guys, I have windows 10 pro 64bit and a couple days ago when I said hey cortana it opened up and I could say stuff like what time is it. Now (without changing anything) it responds to "Hey Cortana" but after that it just says "Listening..." until I close it. Same thing if...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Try to respond only to me

2. try to respond only to me cortana

3. i cant find try responond to only me settings for cortana

4. Try to try to respond only to me is block,
  5. “Try to respond only to me.”,
  6. cortana try to respond only to me missing,
  7. Try to respond to only me,
  8. try to response only me not available,
  9. do not have \(\( try to respond to me only\)\) option in my cortana settings