Windows 10: No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request

Discus and support No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I am trying to enter my serial number for AVG but I cannot get the program to proceed, I get an error message every time, the more info link leads to:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Ornithophilia, Jun 9, 2016.

1. No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request

I am trying to enter my serial number for AVG but I cannot get the program to proceed, I get an error message every time, the more info link leads to: http://www.avg.com/us-en/app-issue?A...err=-536805284

which tells me that it requires UAC elevation. Except it will not show up at all on Windows 10. I Googled the problem but only results on how to disable UAC were provided, there was nothing on it not showing up at all. Immediately following, I get the following error "the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion" Which only results including Microsoft results pertained to W98 and dot net framework 1.1. There isn't anything on Windows 10 on the message. I wasted no time providing feedback on the page via "no this was not helpful" and mentioned that this is Windows 10 we're talking about, not Windows 98.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Edit: It turns out that almost nothing is working, task manager, CMD, anything administrative all gives that error

:)

Ornithophilia, Jun 9, 2016
  2. Eric_946 Win User

The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Thank you for your reply

1. I am the only user and have admin rights

2. What do you mean connected to Domain?

3. the last few days, I think since an update.

I tried your suggestion to login in under another user name and I still cannot use regedit, the system acted the same.
    When I tried to sign out I got a message

Task host windows is stopping background tasks.

Eric_946, Jun 9, 2016
  3. The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

This issue might be occurred due to corrupted Windows services and updates.

To understand the issue better, I suggest you to answer the below questions.

• In which account are you facing this issue?
    • Are you connected to Domain?
    • Since from when are you facing this issue?
    You may login to other account and check if the RegEdit works.

I suggest you to modify the registry to increase the default time-out value for the service control manager. To increase this value to 60 seconds, follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + R, type regedit, and hit
      enter.
    • Locate and then click the following registry subkey:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control
    • In the right pane, locate the ServicesPipeTimeout entry.
    Note: If the Services PipeTimeout entry does not exist, you must create it. To do this, follow these steps:

• On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click
      DWORD Value.

• Type ServicesPipeTimeout, and then press ENTER.
    • Right-click Services PipeTimeout, and then click Modify.
    • Click Decimal, type 60000, and then click OK.
    • This value represents the time in milliseconds before a service times out.
    • Restart the computer.
    Note: This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For
    added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
    Knowledge Base:

322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )

How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

Note: Install all the pending updates logging into Microsoft account and check.

I suggest you to refer the below link and check if it helps you regarding this issue.

Refer: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.

Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jun 9, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request

How did you get to Windows 10? Did it come with the computer or did you upgrade? If upgrade, how long ago. If less that 30 days you can roll back to the previous OS and try again.

Follow these instructions: How to Go Back to the Previous Windows from Windows 10

If you decide to do this, please make an image backup first to protect yourself from loss of data or programs. I recommend using Macrium Reflect Free and put the image on an external USB 3 hard drive ($60 US for a 1TB drive).

Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
Thema:

No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request

1. No UAC and the service did not respond to the start or control request - Similar Threads - UAC service did

2. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  3. Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Service: Update Orchestrator Service. Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start...: I have probably found out why my Windows Update says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later." yet again.What I'm trying to do here, is to change the startup type, because it shouldn't be on "Automatic Delayed Start" but only on Automatic, which will probably fix...
  4. error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion: I created a service Tomcatt by running this command "sc config Tomcatt binPath= "C:\tomcat74\bin\tomcat9.exe"" but when I try to start it I get this error "error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"I already tried adding...
  5. error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion: I created a service Tomcatt by running this command "sc config Tomcatt binPath= "C:\tomcat74\bin\tomcat9.exe"" but when I try to start it I get this error "error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"I already tried adding...
  6. error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. RDS: Error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RDS: Error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion: Hello,after windows update im getting Error 1053 when i want to start remote desktop servicewhat ive trieduninstall windows updatesHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServicesPipeTimeout changed to 6000 or 12000sfc scanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  8. RDS: Error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

RDS: Error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion: Hello,after windows update im getting Error 1053 when i want to start remote desktop servicewhat ive trieduninstall windows updatesHKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\ServicesPipeTimeout changed to 6000 or 12000sfc scanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image...
  9. RDS: Error 1053 the service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. The service did not respond to start or ....... timely fashion

in Windows 10 Support
    The service did not respond to start or ....... timely fashion: Hello All, Suddenly the below error are displayed for many of the applications When I try to start task manger below error is displayed [img] Same is for regedit [img] Below is when services app is clicked [img] Windows update has stopped...