Windows 10: no update on the pc and no backup on the laptop

Discus and support no update on the pc and no backup on the laptop in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi 2 questions that seem to be connected. 1. my laptop, Dell inspiron 14z, windows 10 All efforts to correct up to now, failed. i am trying to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ZelmanHa, Apr 8, 2021.

1. ZelmanHa Win User

no update on the pc and no backup on the laptop

Hi

2 questions that seem to be connected.

1. my laptop, Dell inspiron 14z, windows 10

All efforts to correct up to now, failed.

i am trying to backup, as i did many times in the past, to an external HD. there is plenty of space. I still get the error notification 0x8007000E.

2. My PC

I stopped recieving updates around march 13th. The error i get is, your device is missing important security and quality fixes. after failure of installing the latest update i get the error notification 0x800f0831.

I tried all kind of fixes. nothing changed.

:)

ZelmanHa, Apr 8, 2021

2. when a big update in win 10 or win 10 pro comes, ... i will have choice to backup PC after apply update...?

Hi,

Thank you posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Do you want to back up the previous Operating system?

Yes you have the choice to take back up your operating system any time after update in Windows 10.

Follow the below steps to check how to take a backup.

• Press Windows + X keys and select Control panel.
    • Change the category to Large Icons and Select back up my PC.
    • Select set the backup drive.
    • Follow the on screen steps.
    Keep us posted to help you better.

Sachin Venkatesh, Apr 8, 2021
  3. n-ster Win User
    n-ster, Apr 8, 2021
  4. malware Win User

Alienware Area 51 m15x BIOS Update Released

If you were among the group of people experiencing overheating issues with your Alienware Area 51 m15x laptop, then there are some good news for you. A new BIOS update, version X29b P3A30 is now available. The update allegedly allows VGA fans to increase up to 5400 rpm and thus better cool the GPU. To obtain the new BIOS, you'll need to email the m15x support line (L: Area51_m15x@alienware.com). In reply you should receive a link to the BIOS .zip archive. Once you download the small file, Alienware recommends to follow the steps described in the Read full story marker.

Open Nero Ultra Edition, click Backup, and then click “Burn Image to Disc.” Next, select the file “m15x_x29b.iso from the unzipped folder.

• Plug your AC adapter in
    • Disconnect all third-party peripherals
    • Don’t turn off the computer or restart it during the update
    • Don’t eject your DVD/Blu-ray drive during the update.
    Steps:
    • Open BIOS by tapping F12 during boot
    • Set BIOS to boot from your CD-ROM drive first
    • Save and exit
    • Upon reboot, the BIOS flash update will proceed
    • Click “Yes” through the prompts
    • Restart
    Source: LAPTOP Magazine

malware, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

1. no update on the pc and no backup on the laptop - Similar Threads - update backup laptop

2. Backup to new PC

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup to new PC: When bringing up a new PC it is asking if I want to use a backup from my old PC. The problem is the date for the backup was when my old PC was powered down. How could it backup that PC ?...
  3. Backup to new PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup to new PC: When bringing up a new PC it is asking if I want to use a backup from my old PC. The problem is the date for the backup was when my old PC was powered down. How could it backup that PC ?...
  4. Backup to new PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Backup/Clean/Updates

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Backup/Clean/Updates: my PC wont download the latest version of windows 10 it's saying my PC is running out of space everything I basically have on my PC is from Microsoft and windows so can't remove anything also it may be corrupted please help!...
  6. Backup + update logging?

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup + update logging?: As one of the dying breed of Main Frame dinosaurs I sometimes wonder why PC backup software, regardless of incremental or differential methods, relies up a full scan of the media to determine what has changed. Is there no package that utilises periodic backup with logging to...
  7. backup ipad to windows10 laptop

backup ipad to windows10 laptop: How do I backup my ipad and iphone to my windows10 laptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/backup-ipad-to-windows10-laptop/5e601ba0-57f2-48e2-970b-297c32791449
  8. Using An Old Laptop For Backup

Using An Old Laptop For Backup: Hi, I'm looking for suggestions on the best way to re-purpose an old laptop as an external backup medium. Here is the current situation: 1. We have 4 Windows 10 laptops at home 2. I have an old (about 8 years) Windows 7 laptop What are the options to use the old laptop...
  9. Device &/or PC Backup to OneDrive

Device &/or PC Backup to OneDrive: I'm running the latest version of Windows, on my SurfacePro 3, can I still backup this device to OneDrive? I've tried doing it by adding a network connection, but it doesn't seem to work, or accept the path. What am I doing wrong?...
  10. Backup advice for a laptop and desktop

Backup advice for a laptop and desktop: I am looking for an affordable backup system for two Windows computers. I have a laptop with Windows 10 and a desktop with Windows 7. I'd like to find a non-cloud external drive and the software to make it happen. What I'm thinking is a 2 or 4 TB drive that I could divide...