Windows 10: No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

Discus and support No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I just upgraded my Surface Pro 7 from Home to Pro. When I try to save my Bitlocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account which is also verified in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BusyPython20577, Aug 15, 2020.

1. No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

Hi I just upgraded my Surface Pro 7 from Home to Pro. When I try to save my Bitlocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account which is also verified in Windows an error says this is not possible. Could you help me with that?

No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account 552c2563-dfce-4322-aea8-014bc00371d2?upload=true.jpg

:)

BusyPython20577, Aug 15, 2020

2. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not.

Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed.

Every single suggestion for how to find the key is absolutely useless so far.

Dennis Wenzel, Aug 15, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 15, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

Change Microsoft Account Details in Administrator Account

Hi Daryl, welcome to the Ten Forums.

It's quite easy in fact, simply switch the account in question first to a local account, then switch back to a Microsoft account, this time using your wife's MS account credentials.

Tutorials:
    Notice that before doing this you need to remove the new additional MS account on the PC, the one you created with her credentials. Windows allows only one user account for each email address, if the new account exists you cannot switch the original administrator account to an MS account using the same email address. Tutorial: User Account - Delete in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Thema:

No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account

1. No Upload of Bitlocker Key to Microsoft Account but locked in with MS Account - Similar Threads - Upload Bitlocker Key

2. Microsoft account locked

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft account locked: Microsoft account locked I recently bought a laptop for my son for his homework. As part of setting it up, we created a Microsoft account for him, however, within two days the account had been locked. He hadn’t purchased any items with the account, nor has he sent any...
  3. Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bitlocker key doesn't match microsoft account: Hello Community, I am having an issue accessing a local drive due to a bitlocker error. I had a brand new Dell G5 computer that was completely destroyed in an accident. I was able to successfully extract the intact hard drive of the computer from the wreckage and insert...
  4. Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker Key on MS account is for an unknown device: Hi, When starting my laptop today I was asked to put in my bitlocker key. So I logged onto my Microsoft account and found my device DESKTOP-07XXXX. The bitlocker was turned on and so I selected the "manage recovery key" option. This took me to a page where the only device...
  5. No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account

No option to save BitLocker recovery key to Microsoft account: On my Surface Pro X tablet I'm unable to back up my BitLocker recovery key to my Microsoft Account - there is no option for this function. What do I need to do to enable it? [ATTACH] I don't seem to be joined to a domain / I have no work our school accounts on this...
  6. Microsoft account locked

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account locked: Hi, My mother and her husband are having massive problems with Microsoft which is driving them to despair! They have a new laptop and have been trying to get it set up for days. As part of the set up they have to sign in to Microsoft and when entering email address and...
  7. Microsoft Account Locked.....

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft Account Locked.....: I have a gmail account attached to a microsoft account, which the backup email for is an @emailitt-tech.edu . Obviously I can no longer access this backup email, however I can not seem to recover or change my password for the microsoft account. What do I do?...
  8. Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bitlocker recovery key no Microsoft account: I cannot find the bitlocker code. No Microsoft login, but I have a recovery key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bitlocker-recovery-key-no-microsoft-account/6268bb9e-8a34-4374-8ea8-7e468db03fe2
  9. Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account

Bitlocker key can not be found in the microsoft account: After a regular update of Windows my Notebook asked me for the Bitlocker Key although I never activated this. The device is listed in my account but in the list of keys it's not. Simply doing a reset is definitely not an option, the data is needed. Every single suggestion...
  10. BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account

BitLocker Recovery Key not stored in Microsoft Account: Here is the sequence of events that resulted in me unable to access the data on my additional HDD. 30th August - Purchased new computer and installed windows 10 64-bit Pro on 500GB internal harddrive. 4th September - Added another 2TB harddrive and moved my personal...