Windows 10: No USB Devices Work due to Drivers

Discus and support No USB Devices Work due to Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So I just built a pc a little over a month ago and it was really nice. First of all, I will say it is not the hardware that is the problem. I am not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jackmech, Apr 29, 2020.

1. Jackmech Win User

No USB Devices Work due to Drivers

So I just built a pc a little over a month ago and it was really nice. First of all, I will say it is not the hardware that is the problem. I am not able to use ANY USB devices except for my keyboard and mouse but I can not use any of the drivers for the keyboard and mouse. I have been trying to fix this for weeks and it is driving me insane. I can't update drivers in the device manager either it just says one of the installers could not perform the installation at this time. All my USB devices show up in the Other Devices Catagory in the device manager. I have tried uninstalling the devices and restarting my pc and still, they don't work. This also means I can't use the driver software to remap buttons on my mouse. I am a designer and I need the fourth button on my mouse. I can't even get photos off my camera. I can't connect my phone to iTunes.I swear I am going insane.

:)

Jackmech, Apr 29, 2020
  2. veldthui Win User

USB devices not working

Since my PC was updated to Windows 10 I have been having trouble with USB devices not working. It appears the drivers do not load or do not work. Example is my Saitek rudder pedals. They appear to be fully installed and appear in the device list but they do not work. I go into the device manager and update the driver to the exact same driver and it works.
    I plug in my iPhone and it is recognized as an iPhone but appears in the Other Devices with a yellow exclamation. A check and it says there are no drivers. Manually find the drivers and update them and it is good until I pull it out. Next time I plug it in same thing.
    Phantom 3 pro wont show the disk drive and have to load in a generic disk drive driver and all good. This list goes on.

I have found no suggestion on the net that help me so far.

Anyone else had this issue and have they solved it?

Thanks.

veldthui, Apr 29, 2020
  3. USB composite device "driver error"

Can you send us a screenshot of the error message? We suggest uninstalling and re-installing USB drivers and check if the issue persists. To do that, please follow these steps:

• Right-click on the Start button and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Right-click on the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Regards.

Aileen Alf, Apr 29, 2020
  4. No USB Devices Work due to Drivers

USB Devices not working after update december Windows 10

Hi Gajender,

For us to isolate your concern in using your USB devices, we would like to know the following:

• Have you tried using another USB? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your USB to a different computer/device? If yes, what is the result?
    • Are you getting any error messages? If so, what is the exact error message?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

This issue might occur due to a corrupted/damaged USB driver. We suggest that you go to the manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and USB drivers.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Apr 29, 2020
Thema:

No USB Devices Work due to Drivers

1. No USB Devices Work due to Drivers - Similar Threads - USB Devices due

2. USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.: I have a new windows 11 machine and a biometric capturing USB device. USB device works fine on the USB 2.0 port of the machine, but same device is failing on the USB 3.0 port on the same machine. We have checked following things: 1. Core Isolation setting flag is turned off....
  3. USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB driver device is not working on USB 3.2 on windows 11 but works fine on USB 2.0.: I have a new windows 11 machine and a biometric capturing USB device. USB device works fine on the USB 2.0 port of the machine, but same device is failing on the USB 3.0 port on the same machine. We have checked following things: 1. Core Isolation setting flag is turned off....
  4. USB Mass Storage Device driver not showing or working

in Windows 10 News
    USB Mass Storage Device driver not showing or working: [ATTACH]The use of USB storage devices is rampant in the form of pen drives, external Hard disks, etc. We connect them to our PC copy files and save them offline nowadays. Some people are facing issues with the USB Mass Storage Device driver. In this guide, we have a few...
  5. USB devices is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB devices is not working: Dear Sir, as my attached keyboard was not functioning well so i disable it permanently by applying device restriction after that i attached external keyboard and mouse that was initially attached with laptop that's why drivers was already installed of these USB devices. Now...
  6. No usb devices are working

No usb devices are working: Hello! I installed a program for a Bluetooth driver update problem https://fr.drvhub.net/devices/bluetooth-devices/bluetooth/device-rfcomm-protocol-tdi and this program did updates on all devices and my USB devices stopped working. I turned my computer off and then turned it...
  7. USB device driver installation

USB device driver installation: Windows 10 pro, 1903, 18362.418 I cannot find a way to install older-than-current drivers. I am trying to change into older drivers for a USB device; a Asus USB-AC68 wifi adapter. 1st try: I uninstall the device and then install the Asus provided installation package. Still...
  8. USB drivers not working

USB drivers not working: [ATTACH] USB memory is not seen by windows. It makes the specific sound but does not display anything. I have reinstalled windows 10 pro. Immediately after installing it sees usb but after installing all the programs, it doesn't work anymore. If I uninstall the USB drivers...
  9. USB device not working.

USB device not working.: Hello. I have had a USB Axiom 61 for a few years. It stopped working about a year ago, and i've never been able to get it back. I haven't seen this issue brought up yet, however, because when i plug it in, nothing happens. The screen on the keyboard turns on, but theres no...
  10. USB devices not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    USB devices not working: Hi! I have a windows 10 laptop with all the newest updates. Today, I plugged in my USB mouse, and it wouldn't work. The batteries are in, the red light is flashing, and the computer says that the device is plugged in and ready to use! I tried to use another mouse and the...