Windows 10: No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything

Discus and support No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; First time posting here and I feel this is my last resort. I appreciate anyone willing to help and I'm going to provide a detailed rundown of the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Justinsst, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Justinsst Win User

No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything

First time posting here and I feel this is my last resort. I appreciate anyone willing to help and I'm going to provide a detailed rundown of the situation.

So about to 2 days ago I noticed all my USB ports don't work. I check my drivers and to my surprise they were literally ALL gone except Intel extensible usb driver which only comes with windows 10 and isn't available online (we'll get to that later). At this point I decide to remove the remaining driver and restart my PC so it can automatically reinstall/update whatever drivers are missing. This doesn't work. It doesn't reinstall the intel driver which is not even available online only the windows 7 version is and the ONLY driver installed is the xHCI controller which displays a code 10 error. As far as the code 10 I have no idea, I check event viewer and it says the reset timer timed out. I've tried doing a fresh install of windows and nothing. This led me to believe it could be the intel chipset causing problems so I updated that and still nothing. I've updated everything to the latest version and still nothing. It gets weirder, I actually ended up replacing my harddrive in my laptop with an SSD about 8 months ago, but decided to keep the old HDD around that still had windows on it. So I decided to swap them because everything should work fine on the old HDD but the same exact issue persists. The intel driver somehow isn't there from a drive that hasn't been touched in 8 months...

I've used those driver update apps even as a last resort but no luck. I'm thinking it's an issue between the intel chipset and windows itself that neither intel or windows cares to address. Thanks in advanced if you wish to help.

:)

Justinsst, Aug 5, 2019
  2. spapakons Win User

USB Port Oddities

Ok, let's see it with pictures step-by-step. First right-click on the USB device and select Update driver software:

No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything [​IMG]

Then select Browse my computer for driver software (LAST option) :

The select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer (LAST option) :

Then select the standard driver from the list and click next:

Click next/OK as required to complete installation. Repeat the steps for all Intel USB devices. Finally click on each USB root device and press DEL to delete it, reply YES when asked. After deleting all USB root devices restart the computer.

I hope this is detailed enough...

spapakons, Aug 5, 2019
  3. flamer Win User
    No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

flamer, Aug 5, 2019
  4. Jess Bor Win User

usb port

Hi Tracey,

In order to help you with your concern about the 2 USB ports of your laptop which are not working, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What changes have you done to your computer prior to getting this issue?
    • Are you getting any error codes when using these USB ports?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • Have you already checked this
      link
      ? This link will help you in getting the latest driver and software. If not yet, just click the drop down arrow links to be able to access helpful troubleshooting suggestions.

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

1. No USB drivers will install, no ports work... tried everything - Similar Threads - USB drivers install

2. USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.: I have a relatively new laptop; I bought it less than a year ago. About a month ago, my mouse was only working on and off. I replaced the batteries, got a new mouse, etc., and it still didn't work. I realized the problem was with my computer's USB drive, which I only have one...
  3. USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB Port doesn't work--I've tried everything.: I have a relatively new laptop; I bought it less than a year ago. About a month ago, my mouse was only working on and off. I replaced the batteries, got a new mouse, etc., and it still didn't work. I realized the problem was with my computer's USB drive, which I only have one...
  4. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  5. USB port not work

USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  6. My USB ports and SD Card reader port will not work. I have tried everything that I have...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My USB ports and SD Card reader port will not work. I have tried everything that I have...: My usb ports and sd card reader port have quit working. I have tried everything I have found to fix it without any success. Below is my laptop information. The device mgr says no driver available. I need help. My laptop is only about 2 years old. Also I have included a...
  7. USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation

USB to ethernet port not working even after driver installation: Device USB\VID_0FE6&PID_9700\5&16aceb2e&0&3 requires further installation.\ Hi, I am getting this error when i'm using USB to ethernet port on my computer, and it is not getting connected....
  8. USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed

USB ports dont work after nvidia drivers installed: Since i upgrade to windwos 10, i have problems with my usb ports, any device I plug it keeps conecting and desconecting, (mouse dont do that, it seems only high powered devices cause the problem) i need to connect a powered usb hub to use this devices, trying to figure what...
  9. USB ports/drivers

USB ports/drivers: I am unable to locate the USB ports/drivers on My Computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-portsdrivers/8cdddb08-78e9-4d5d-baec-eb17f0fe10a2
  10. USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers

USB 3.0 port working as a 2.0 port even with proper drivers: I have an Acer E5-575G laptop with Intel Core i5 7200U, running Windows 10 Pro. Recently my USB 3.0 port is not working as usual. It's behaving as a USB 2.0 port and the transfer speeds are really low. Even my external hard drive, which shows blue light for 3.0 ports, is...