Windows 10: No USB Floppy support on Windows 10 ARM64

Discus and support No USB Floppy support on Windows 10 ARM64 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; The ARM64 version of Windows 10 seems to be missing sfloppy.sys, which is required for USB floppy disk drives. Is the driver obtainable somehow?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanH12, Aug 12, 2021.

1. DanH12 Win User

No USB Floppy support on Windows 10 ARM64

The ARM64 version of Windows 10 seems to be missing sfloppy.sys, which is required for USB floppy disk drives. Is the driver obtainable somehow?

:)

DanH12, Aug 12, 2021

2. Support for non-USB Floppy Drives in Windows 10

I have a 3.5" floppy drive with the traditional interface (floppy controller on the motherboard connected via a 34-conductor floppy cable). Windows 10 provides partial support for this: both the floppy drive and the floppy controller show up and are listed
    as healthy in Device Manager, and I have access to the floppy drive in Command Prompt. However, I can't get the floppy drive to show up in File Explorer or Disk Management. How do I complete the support for my floppy drive?

I've found discussion in this forum and elsewhere on USB flopppy drives not being supported well in Windows 10, but this is not my question; I have the traditional interface.

prestonpdx, Aug 12, 2021
  3. Support for non-USB Floppy Drives in Windows 10

I have a USB device and used the old instruction for windows 7 and it seems to work

In this day and age, with the fact that most new pc’s do not have floppy drives anymore, as a tech, I still find times where bring out an old reliable floppy is my best way to resolve a problem. Many people still have some “classic” tools that
    are on floppy, or documents or pictures saved on floppy (Before CDRW/DVDRW drives became the norm, floppy disks were the way to store and transfer files).

The problem is that many of the Floppy drives do not have drivers or “official” support for Windows Vista or Windows 7. This post covers just such an issue. I use an Iomega USB drive, and whenever I plug it into my Windows 7 pc’s, I get a message
    that Windows can’t find a driver for my device.

Here are some simple steps to get your drive to work with Vista or W7.

1) When you install the drive you will get the message that your drive needs to find drivers. Just hit Cancel

2) Go to start –> Control Panel –> System –> Device Manager

(Example from Windows 7, Vista may look a little different)

3) When the Device Manager opens you will see a listing for X1DE-USB with a Yellow triangle next to it under Other Devices. On that line item right mouse click (NOTE IM SAYING RIGHT MOUSE) and then select Update Driver software and left mouse
    click (NOTE THAT I SAID LEFT)

4) Now select Browse my computer for driver software

5) Now select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer and click on Next

6) Now you will get a box to select your device type from list, click on “Show All Devices” and click on Next

7) In the following window, for the box on the left select NEC Systems, and then on the right select NEC USB Floppy then click on Next

8 ) You will be told by Windows that “Installing this device driver is not recommended…..” its ok just click on Yes to continue.

9) Lastly you will be told that Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

Now if you look at the Device Manager you will see the listing for Floppy disk drive – Citizen X1DE.

Finally if you look in the My Computer icon, you will see the A: drive listed for your floppy drive

With that you now have a working Floppy USB drive.

Micheal Morris 2, Aug 12, 2021
  4. No USB Floppy support on Windows 10 ARM64

Floppy Drive support in Windows 10?

There were some questions I read, that mentioned the absence of USB Floppy Disk Drive drivers in Windows 10 Preview, but I'm not sure if USB Floppy Disk Drives are supported in the final Windows 10 version that's available now.

Floppy Disks are important to me and what I do daily, so not having the support for them is a turning point for my decision to upgrade to Windows 10.

MS-DOS Master, Aug 12, 2021
Thema:

No USB Floppy support on Windows 10 ARM64

1. No USB Floppy support on Windows 10 ARM64 - Similar Threads - USB Floppy support

2. ARM64 windows 11 third party usb driver support?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ARM64 windows 11 third party usb driver support?: I have a Lenovo thinkpad x13s ARM64 with windows 11. I am not able to install the usb drivers offered by fractal audio for my axe fx iii. In order for it to connect to a pc to edit the device settings on the go I would need to use my laptop. Unfortunately I am getting an...
  3. ARM64 windows 11 third party usb driver support?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ARM64 windows 11 third party usb driver support?: I have a Lenovo thinkpad x13s ARM64 with windows 11. I am not able to install the usb drivers offered by fractal audio for my axe fx iii. In order for it to connect to a pc to edit the device settings on the go I would need to use my laptop. Unfortunately I am getting an...
  4. x64 support for Windows 11 arm64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    x64 support for Windows 11 arm64: Hi, I'm running a Windows 11 arm64 OS on Mac M1 using parallels.When loading a x64 DLL on Visual Studio I get an error, apperantly It's not supported.Is there an emulator or translator for x64 architechture on Windows 11 arm64 or Visual studio arm64?Thanks,Roy...
  5. x64 support for Windows 11 arm64

x64 support for Windows 11 arm64: Hi, I'm running a Windows 11 arm64 OS on Mac M1 using parallels.When loading a x64 DLL on Visual Studio I get an error, apperantly It's not supported.Is there an emulator or translator for x64 architechture on Windows 11 arm64 or Visual studio arm64?Thanks,Roy...
  6. Support for Serenum.sys on ARM64

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Support for Serenum.sys on ARM64: I have a fresh installation of Windows 11 Insider Preview Version on a Mac with the M1 chip ARM64 based and Serenum.sys is missing from the driversIs there any version of this driver and is there any plan to support it on ARM64 ?Thanks you for your time,Kind regards...
  7. Support for Serenum.sys on ARM64

Support for Serenum.sys on ARM64: I have a fresh installation of Windows 11 Insider Preview Version on a Mac with the M1 chip ARM64 based and Serenum.sys is missing from the driversIs there any version of this driver and is there any plan to support it on ARM64 ?Thanks you for your time,Kind regards...
  8. USB-WIFI Driver for Windows 10 on ARM64

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB-WIFI Driver for Windows 10 on ARM64: Dear community,I'm playing around with Windows 10 on ARM64 by running it on a Raspberry Pi 400 which I've overclocked to 2,2Ghz. So far everything works fine except some hardware-support WIFI, HDMI-Audio, GPU and some other things aren't working. So I thought about buying a...
  9. USB floppy drive not working on Windows 10

USB floppy drive not working on Windows 10: So, I recently got a USB floppy drive for my old mac and I thought I could share data with floppy disks, but when I plug in the floppy drive and insert a floppy disk, it wouldn't recognize it. So, I went to device manger, and it said: This device cannot start. Code 10...
  10. USB Floppy Drive

USB Floppy Drive: I have a USB floppy drive that I cannot connect to my desktop. This PC is running Windows 10. In addition this drive is seen in the device Manager but not in the Windows Explorer...