Windows 10: No USB input in Windows

Discus and support No USB input in Windows in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi.I have a very difficult to solve and diagnose problem. When I start up normally, I reach the windows login and USB devices work, no mouse, no... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Berlakovich Martin, May 15, 2023.

1. No USB input in Windows

Hi.I have a very difficult to solve and diagnose problem. When I start up normally, I reach the windows login and USB devices work, no mouse, no keyboard. The rest of the system seems to work fine as far as I can tell. The interesting thing is, that the mouse is actually powered until the login screen, but as soon as the login screen is hit it seems to be no longer powered. The same applies to the integrated notebook keyboard, external keyboards etc. To make matters worse, starting in safe-mode does the same.I am quite sure it is not a hardware issue, because all USB devices work fine on anot

:)

Berlakovich Martin, May 15, 2023
  2. Mussels Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

i've seen this when the stock USB drivers went kaput. Only ever seen it once - i used a PCI USB 2.0 card and connected the mouse and keyboard to that, and manually updated the USB 2/USB 3 drivers.

Mussels, May 15, 2023
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, May 15, 2023
  4. thraxed Win User

No USB input in Windows

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, May 15, 2023
Thema:

No USB input in Windows

1. No USB input in Windows - Similar Threads - USB input

2. USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.: I have been trying to fix this issue now for 8+ months. This is a critical issue that impacts my job and makes it impossible for me to be properly heard in meetings or while livestreaming. I have a high-quality, pro-level, body-worn microphone. The mic setup in total with the...
  3. USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB input Mic with DAW is barely 9%. Garbage bluetooth at 90%. At the end of my rope.: I have been trying to fix this issue now for 8+ months. This is a critical issue that impacts my job and makes it impossible for me to be properly heard in meetings or while livestreaming. I have a high-quality, pro-level, body-worn microphone. The mic setup in total with the...
  4. How can I fix a problem where some video files are not acceptable as input from HDD via USB...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How can I fix a problem where some video files are not acceptable as input from HDD via USB...: I have no problem with MP4 file input via TV USB port from a USB3 NTSF 2TB SSD. Using the other powered USB port my USB2 NTSF 2TB HDD is recognized OK and some files play but other files don't show content, even on the same path except for the penultimate directory. Could...
  5. How can I fix a problem where some video files are not acceptable as input from HDD via USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I fix a problem where some video files are not acceptable as input from HDD via USB...: I have no problem with MP4 file input via TV USB port from a USB3 NTSF 2TB SSD. Using the other powered USB port my USB2 NTSF 2TB HDD is recognized OK and some files play but other files don't show content, even on the same path except for the penultimate directory. Could...
  6. How can I fix a problem where some video files are not acceptable as input from HDD via USB...

7. Windows thinks "USB Video" capture input device is "Audio" instead of "Camera".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows thinks "USB Video" capture input device is "Audio" instead of "Camera".: I am trying to use a USB video capture device on my laptop. Windows finds the device but under Settings...Bluetooth & Other Devices it shows the "USB Video" capture under as "Audio" input only. In the Device Manager it shows the the "USB Video" under Cameras. When I open the...
  8. Windows thinks "USB Video" capture input device is "Audio" instead of "Camera".

Windows thinks "USB Video" capture input device is "Audio" instead of "Camera".: I am trying to use a USB video capture device on my laptop. Windows finds the device but under Settings...Bluetooth & Other Devices it shows the "USB Video" capture under as "Audio" input only. In the Device Manager it shows the the "USB Video" under Cameras. When I open the...
  9. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...
  10. Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay

Wireless USB Mouse and Keyboard Input Lag/Delay: I am on Windows 11 using a wireless USB mouse and keyboard. Every once in a while the keyboard/mouse will have severe input delay/lag. As in, while I'm typing at a normal speed, letters will be missed. And, even worse, the mouse lags, skips, and jumps around the screen,...