Windows 10: No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade

Discus and support No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; >So it won't let you run the Upgrade again? At the moment not trying as I want to fix license issue first before I retry ... or I could be chasing 2... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by sargan, Jun 14, 2016.

1. sargan Win User

No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade

>So it won't let you run the Upgrade again?

At the moment not trying as I want to fix license issue first before I retry ... or I could be chasing 2 issues at same time

sargan, Jun 15, 2016
  2. Kbird Win User

Ok understood....

FYI , the Win10 installer is supposed to accept win7/8 Keys now too

Kbird, Jun 15, 2016
  3. Borg 386 Win User
    That's been the case with all my previous versions of Win. This was the first Win OS I've seen that had problems with/not recognizing my KB. Odd.

Borg 386, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Kbird Win User

Hmmm what happened , it looks like the OP Sargan has been banned today?

Edit: reason Known now....

Kbird, Jun 16, 2016
  5. sargan Win User
    OK ... found cause
    Seems it is related to ASUS motherboard - although I contacted ASUS and they had no newer USB driver ( nor advised of the issue below)

Seems that the AI Suite II contains a function that is not supported on W10, and it blocks USB from working. It is the AICharger+ which is for fast charge of phones from USB port.

Removed the AICharger+ function (rest of AI Suite II is fine) and the W10 upgrade works

I checked with ASUS they state this is not a supported W10 application, and Microsoft should disable it during upgrade.

Now upgraded to W10 fine.

ASUS did advise updating 2 drivers as soon as you are on W10 ... and in this specific order:
    #1 Intel Chipset Driver - Intel_Chipset_Win10_V10117

#2 Intel Management Engine - MEI1-5_Win10_VER11001157

both files are on ASUS web site

sargan, Jun 28, 2016
  6. Kbird Win User
    Thanks for the Followup , good to know , as I have Asus Boards too ....

Kbird, Jun 28, 2016
  7. Mrmb123 Win User
    Having the same ASUS M/B, thanks sargan for starting this thread and posting your lessons learned. I too have waited to upgrade and before doing so, have been searching for information such as this to help the process....

Mrmb123, Jul 14, 2016
  8. sargan Win User

All worked fine after following 3 steps ... remove AIcharger+ upgrade, then install the 2 drivers ...been fine since upgrade.

sargan, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. No USB kybd or mouse after W10 upgrade - Similar Threads - USB kybd mouse

2. Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11: After upgrading to W11, I've noticed this issue.The pattern I observed is: - click and hold left button, drag while holding left button, - stop dragging while holding button, - drag again while holding button. At this point windows releases the button without it physically...
  3. Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mouse releases click when dragging after upgrade from W10 to W11: After upgrading to W11, I've noticed this issue.The pattern I observed is: - click and hold left button, drag while holding left button, - stop dragging while holding button, - drag again while holding button. At this point windows releases the button without it physically...
  4. W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse: I recently waded into the W10 pool and I am completely baffled about this subject. I set up a dual boot SSD with my W7 system of seven years which still hums and I can say everything is running very nicely.W10 starts up extremely fast from a power up - thanks to “Fast Start”...
  5. Ownership locked after upgrading to W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Ownership locked after upgrading to W10: Got a new computer with Windows 10, reconnected my external HDD with all my files. Most files audio and video on the external HDD are mysteriously blocked, not related to file extensions some files with same extension work, others don't. Tried to log in as Administrator...
  6. W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse

W10 restart/USB keyboard & mouse: I recently waded into the W10 pool and I am completely baffled about this subject. I set up a dual boot SSD with my W7 system of seven years (which still hums) and I can say everything is running very nicely. W10 starts up extremely fast from a power up - thanks to “Fast...
  7. USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10

USB Ports Not Working After Upgrade to W10: I have a computer here who's USB ports have stopped worked...mostly after upgrading from Windows 7 to Windows 10 The two on the front of the case dont work at all. And the 6 on the back of the machine work for some things but not for others. Mice, drawing tablets and...
  8. W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    W10 Upgrade blocking my USB ports: Hi So for the third time I'm trying to upgrade my WIN 7 to 10 which works fine but 10 is disabling all of my USB ports on my Sabretooth 990 FX R2 motherboard so I then downloaded the latest drivers from Asus web site and when I try to update the drivers through device...
  9. Clean install after upgrading to W10?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Clean install after upgrading to W10?: It appears that I have to upgrade install w10 to get the free W10. After that, is it possible to clean install the W10 in place of the W10 install upgraded from W7 or W8.1? 9204
  10. WLAN problems after upgrade to W10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    WLAN problems after upgrade to W10: Hello everyone! I've upgraded my laptop from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Now it says there are "no connections available", although my Wifi is working perfectly on other devices. I've been checking and trying some things, but nothing seems to work. This is what I know: - I...