Windows 10: No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed

Discus and support No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This took me a few hours to figure out, and seems like a lot of others have had this same problem. Hopefully this helps someone. For reference, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by nickb_, Jul 13, 2019.

1. nickb_ Win User

No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed

This took me a few hours to figure out, and seems like a lot of others have had this same problem. Hopefully this helps someone.

For reference, I have a Gigabyte GA-AX370 motherboard, with a Ryzen CPU. So this isn't directly for people using Intel stuff, but maybe it can help point towards what might be wrong there.

Here was my scenario. The hardware device (an Akai MPK225 in this case) was found, installed correctly and was under Sound, video and game controllers:

No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed 9cf10122-8749-4e4f-9650-8a187a809338?upload=true.png

The KORG Midi Driver Uninstall Utility correctly lists the midi device, shows it's installed and in this case it's in slot 10:

No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed db001607-f2ae-4538-9b02-09fadca333c2?upload=true.png

So, everything's supposedly looking fine. But Ableton Live doesn't see any devices. Same with Midi-OX - it reported that there are no input devices on start-up.

Turns out I needed to install the Ryzen chipset driver for it to work. I downloaded my version from my motherboard manufacturers site, but you can also get it directly from AMD.

:)

nickb_, Jul 13, 2019

2. Class Compliant USB MIDI Driver Install Error

Due to the complexity of the issue on installing the USB MIDI Driver, we suggest that you post your concern on our

TechNet Forums
    for advanced troubleshooting methods.

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Jul 13, 2019
  3. USB MIDI Audio Interface (M-Audio USB MIDI device) - not working in certain applications for MIDI Input.

I'm using Windows 10 Pro.

1) I have a MIDI keyboard connected to my desktop via a M-Audio USB MIDI Interface.

2) This device has worked before fine, but all-of-a-sudden, one of the apps I use to write music (Famitracker) suddenly will not open the MIDI Input. It's the same error I get when another application is using the MIDI controller at the same time - maybe
    there is some service or application running in the background that is using the MIDI controller? If so, I can't figure out what it would be.

3) MIDI-OX (the software used to test MIDI input/output) also will not open the MIDI controller input. It says Unknown external error.

4) However, Finale V 25 detects the MIDI controller and I am able to use my MIDI keyboard just fine.

I would appreciate any help in this regard.

BorisBeckah, Jul 13, 2019
  4. Piotrbre Win User

USB MIDI driver's can't be installed [WIN10]

Thank you for responding,

Well it does seem to be "installed", except i have no idea how i can get the "installed" driver onto my midi-device, when checking the list of installed driver's i don't seem to find my "roland midi driver" (btw i checked the Yamaha midi driver, it did not
    work).

Still selecting the .inf file from the location where it's installed right now gives the exact same error i started with.

No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed 765471a3-789f-4a3c-a12c-d69927fbc6f4.gif

Piotrbre, Jul 13, 2019
Thema:

1. No USB midi input until Ryzen chipset driver installed - Similar Threads - USB midi input

2. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  3. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Chipset drivers: should i install the last 3 drivers which it contains different names or installing the last one would be enough? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chipset-drivers/940eedf3-3457-40f3-8363-f85be36385a7
  4. Chipset drivers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. USB A-USB B MIDI INPUT Piano Keyboard Not Detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB A-USB B MIDI INPUT Piano Keyboard Not Detected: Problem: Cannot play my MIDI Piano keyboard on my PC. Done: Checked the number of MIDI drivers image below; Checked for the device in Device Manager image below; Tried various USB ports, both on the front and the back, as well as USB-2 and 3 types; Updated all relevant...
  6. USB A-USB B MIDI INPUT Keyboard Not Detected

USB A-USB B MIDI INPUT Keyboard Not Detected: Keyboard: Keystation61 MK2 'plug & play' Done: Checked number of MIDI drivers <10 Checked for the device in Device Manager couldn't find anything Tried various USB ports, both on the front and back panel, as well as USB 2 and 3 Updated all relevant hardware Checked for...
  7. No input MIDI

No input MIDI: Hello! I have an HP Envy laptop and just bought an Alesis v49 MIDI keyboard. I downloaded all the necessary software for the MIDI and plugged it in my laptop via USB port. The keyboard lights up and is recognized by device manager under "sound video game controllers". Yet...
  8. USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.

USB MIDI device not recognised and wrong driver installed.: Hello! Whenever I connect my Yamaha psr-e453 keyboard to my windows 10 pc, it installs the wrong driver automatically. The driver it should install should be a USB midi driver, instead windows installs a USB audio driver, and also shows a yellow triangle in the device...
  9. Driver issues with MIDI/USB device

Driver issues with MIDI/USB device: Okay I have a Casio px-150 Keyboard. Don't tell me to check the manufacturer website. It is supposed to use the generic drivers made for windows 10 to operate. USB plug and play. It recognizes the device but doesn't assign it any drivers. No don't ask me to run older drivers...
  10. Could not install Intel chipset driver

Could not install Intel chipset driver: Audio not working, power management not working probably due to missing chipset driver The device manager not showing chipset information [img] The output from Speccy shows that I have Intel chipset [img] I tried installing Intel official drivers Download Intel®...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ryzen problem with midi interface

2. usb audio interface problems with ryzen