Windows 10: No USB or Keyboard function after Update

Discus and support No USB or Keyboard function after Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I own a Linx 12X64 tablet with detachable keyboard. Ever since the most recent Windows update forced itself onto my system I have been unable to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DrowsyLight8888, Jan 6, 2019.

1. No USB or Keyboard function after Update

Hi,

I own a Linx 12X64 tablet with detachable keyboard. Ever since the most recent Windows update forced itself onto my system I have been unable to use the keyboard and touchpad or the USB port.

I had no system retore pont to revert to so I opted for the "reinstall Windows" option in the troubleshooter. This option did not help, in fact it also broke the WiFi. I got hold of the driver pack from the Linx website and managed to get the WiFi functioning again but I have had no luck with the keyboard or the USB.

Please help me fix this problem

:)

DrowsyLight8888, Jan 6, 2019

2. USB keyboard disconnects when holding any button down

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below methods and check if it helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to try the following steps and check if it helps:

• The USB connection may be loose. Try unplugging the keyboard, and then plugging it back in.
    • Plug the keyboard into a different USB port.
    • If your keyboard is plugged into a USB hub or USB switch box, try removing it and plugging the keyboard into the computer.
    • Unplug other USB devices that are not in use.
    • Try the keyboard on another computer to verify it is working correctly

Method 2: Also I suggest you to uninstall and reinstall the usb keyboard drivers as below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows+X and go to device manager.
    • Then expand keyboards and right click on the driver.
    • Then click on uninstall and restart the computer.
    • It will be reinstalled automatically and check if it helps.

Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jan 6, 2019
  3. Ed_GG Win User
    Windows Major Update KB4040724 - now desktop does not respond to the USB keyboard

RE: Update KB4040724

• Have you tried updating the keyboard drivers?
    This is what I did today, Oct-3-2017...

I disconnected the keyboard…went through Steps 1-6 and the Keyboard still permits me to type 7-8 letters, them behaves in a strange manner…

Example # 1 - type a single "S"….and it inserts 10-12 "S's" without holding the key down.

Example # 2 - keyboard automatically establishes "NUM LOCK" or "CAPS Lock" and will not further respond.

I repeated steps 1-6... no response or control with the keyboard. This keyboard was in use with Win-10, from March-2017 until immediately (as in 1 minute) prior to installing the
    Major Update KB4040724... then going through the required system re-boot...and immediately discovering the non-functioning same keyboard.

I repeated steps 1-6... plugged the keyboard in a different USB outlet on the desktop... desktop downloaded and installed the keyboard driver...same erratic behavior…and then received a Windows 10 error message "The USB device you just connected to
    the computer malfunctioned and Windows does not recognize it".

NEXT STEP

- I disconnected the current keyboard…went through Steps 1-6.

- and then plugged a totally different mfg & model USB Keyboard into a different USB port.
    I had used this different keyboard from Aug-2016 until March-2017 in Windows 10… without any issues.

Again…the desktop automatically downloads the required driver, and allows me to type 8-10 letters and/or digits….and freezes…unable to type letters or numbers.

New response...the keyboard is functional only on the "Windows icon" button…but does not allow me to enter letters or digits.

Q: Have you tried removing the recently installed update and check if the issue persists? Not yet ...but to encounter the identical problem on a totally different keyboard, in a different USB port, appears to be additional indications
    that the problem resides with Update KB4040724 software, rather than the hardware drivers. That is just my opinion as a consumer and not as a Windows 10 expert.

Suggestions or comments appreciated. Thank you. / Ed

Ed_GG, Jan 6, 2019
  4. Kem Mon Win User

No USB or Keyboard function after Update

Keyboard not working after Windows 10 Update

Have you tried updating the mouse and keyboard drivers? If not, we suggest you to do so. And if the updates are
    already installed, kindly check if there is an exclamation mark in the Device Manager under the keyboard section. To check it, please follow these steps:

• Go to
      Control Panel
      and open
      Device Manager.

• Right-click
      on the
      Keyboard USB device.

• If you see that there is a
      exclamation mark, please post a screenshot of the error message.

We'll be waiting for your response.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jan 6, 2019
Thema:

No USB or Keyboard function after Update

1. No USB or Keyboard function after Update - Similar Threads - USB Keyboard function

2. Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.: After installing a windows update, Both USB and Built-In laptop keyboard/ PS/2 keyboard stopped working, I presume this is a hardware error since I tried to remedy the issues in Device Manager and Registry Editor. HID is working fine now but PS/2 is Code 10.Yet it is not...
  3. Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop and USB Keyboards not working after Windows Update.: After installing a windows update, Both USB and Built-In laptop keyboard/ PS/2 keyboard stopped working, I presume this is a hardware error since I tried to remedy the issues in Device Manager and Registry Editor. HID is working fine now but PS/2 is Code 10.Yet it is not...
  4. USB keyboard not working after update

USB keyboard not working after update: I have read through several threads. My problem with all of them is my KEYBOARD DOESEN’T WORK!!!!! I cannot log into my computer because MY KEYBOARD DOESN’T WORK!!!!! Any suggestions. I have unplugged all usb devices and ensured my ports work with a wireless mouse....
  5. Keyboard is not functioning.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Keyboard is not functioning.: All my keys somehow got mapped to shortcuts? Like K opens connect, W opens whiteboard, d closes things. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/cailloubean [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ljivxt/keyboard_is_not_functioning/
  6. keyboard functions changed after most recent Windows Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    keyboard functions changed after most recent Windows Update: Prior to the June 27th Windows update, my function keys worked with their primary function being the "big" image on them: from left to right dimmer, brighter, play/pause, mute, vol down, vol up, backlight keys, PrtScn, Home, End, PgUp, PgDn. Then IF I pushed the "Fn" key...
  7. Keyboard not functioning after windows 10 update 2004 version

Keyboard not functioning after windows 10 update 2004 version: Hi After updating the Windows10 update 2004 version june 2020 update my keyboard stopped working. Formatted windows many times. But once the intel graphics command centre which gets installed automatically the keyboard stops working. huge loss of productivity after the...
  8. USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update

USB Keyboard Not Working After Windows 10 Update: Of course Microsoft "Locked" the discussion in Jan 2018. Not sure WHY, but there are tens of thousands, if not Millions of people who have had the same Problem with Won 10 Update. It is 'Unacceptable" for Microsoft to screw up so many computers than just lock the discussion...
  9. Keyboard and functions

in Windows 10 Customization
    Keyboard and functions: The keyboard does not write in Windows 10, Text Services Framework is not running, please give me all available methods, thank you very much. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-and-functions/dbf385ca-801f-4c2a-8efa-7f8bc99b5df3
  10. Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop

Driverless USB keyboard not functioning on laptop: I have a driverless usb keyboard that works on every other pc in the house. I have uninstalled and reinstalled all usb drivers .Still no function. Please assist....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usb keyboard no function