Windows 10: No USB ports work on my Windows 10 LTSB

Discus and support No USB ports work on my Windows 10 LTSB in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This morning my PC running Windows 10 Enterprise 016 LTSB did not recognize neither my keyboard or mouse. They have no power at all. But if I enter... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by klotildamalo, Aug 5, 2019.

1. No USB ports work on my Windows 10 LTSB

This morning my PC running Windows 10 Enterprise 016 LTSB did not recognize neither my keyboard or mouse. They have no power at all. But if I enter BIOS, they are both working normally. All USB ports are all checked in BIOS as they should be. Only when I boot in windows they are not working.

My PC is HP ProDesk 600 G4 MT.

Please help on this problem.

:)

klotildamalo, Aug 5, 2019
  2. Mala_S Win User

USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello ruthives,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the below questions.

1. What is the make and model of the computer?
    2. Do you read any error message when you connect the device to the USB port?
    3. Are you facing this issue with any particular USB port or with all the USB ports?
    4. Since when are you facing this issue?

Your device is kept up to date with the latest features by automatically installing the updates in Windows 10. To narrow down the issue, let's go ahead and follow the below methods and see if it helps.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -

Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select Device Manager from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select Update driver.
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the device manager.
    • Reboot the PC and it will automatically pick for the latest drivers for your PC.

If the issue persists, download and install the latest USB drivers available for your PC build from the
    manufacturer's website and see if it works.

Hope it helps.

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 5, 2019
  3. Mala_S Win User
    USB ports not working in Windows 10

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

To address your concern, kindly help us with the following questions:

1. What is the make and model of your computer?
    2. Do you see any error in the device manager when the USB is connected?

Before we troubleshoot on the issue, I would suggest you to check if the USB devices work on a different computer. If it does, kindly try the steps listed below and see if it works.

Method 1: I would suggest you to follow the steps to diagnose and repair the USB ports from the article -
    Automatically diagnose and fix Windows USB problems.

Method 2: Update USB controllers.

• Right click on the Start menu and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.
    • Narrow down to Universal Serial Bus controllers and update all the USB drivers.
    • To update the drivers, right click on the each driver and select
      Update driver
    • If that doesn't resolve the issue, I would suggest you to uninstall all the USB drivers from the Device Manager.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB root hubs that you uninstalled.

Method 3: Disable Selective Suspend feature.

• Right click the Windows icon on the taskbar and choose ‘Power Options’. Click
      ‘Change Plan Setting’ on your current plan.
    • Choose ‘Change Advanced Power Setting’ on the chosen plan.
    • Disable ‘USB Selective Suspend Setting’ under
      ‘USB Settings’

If the issue persists, identify if the USB drive is listed in Disk Management. To do that,

• Right-click on Windows icon and select Disk management and find if the USB drive shows up there.

Regards,

Mala S

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mala_S, Aug 5, 2019
  4. No USB ports work on my Windows 10 LTSB

non working USB ports

Hi,

In order for us to better assist you, please provide the following information:

• What happens when you try to connect a device?
    • Are you receiving any error messages?
    • Did you make any changes to the computer prior to this issue?
    We suggest you to click this
    link
    , check the post of Azaruddin Syed and follow the steps provided to troubleshoot USB ports.

Let us know how it goes. Thank you.

Reymichael Ros, Aug 5, 2019
Thema:

No USB ports work on my Windows 10 LTSB

1. No USB ports work on my Windows 10 LTSB - Similar Threads - USB ports LTSB

2. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  3. my usb port not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my usb port not working: i have question, about my usb port not working all of a sudden and after i update windows it works normally within a week and 2 days i don't use the usb port i again have problems not being detected by devices such as mouse, keyboard, cellphone and camera...
  4. USB ports not working

USB ports not working: Here comes my challenge... My laptop just shuts down while working even when it have more battery life.. Now my USB ports are only working when the lid is closed. When I open the lid they stop working.... Help please...
  5. USB port not work

USB port not work: HI ihave a USB port in my notebook HP Pavilion dv6700 not work,so icheck in the registry REGEDIT and foe some reazon the USB is not in the registry,I did HKEY-LOCAL-MACHINE/SYSTEM/CurrentControlSet/Services/USB to se if the DisableSelectiveSuspended if is dere but the USB is...
  6. USB port is not working on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB port is not working on Windows 10: USB port is not detecting any usb device and it stop working after recent windows 10 update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-is-not-working-on-windows-10/118f9593-5b3a-420b-925e-f2effc46bea7
  7. USB port not working in windows 10

USB port not working in windows 10: USB port stop working in windows 10 when I insert usb pen drive or hard drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-not-working-in-windows-10/abb753f9-34ce-4bd5-aac6-46df27491ff6
  8. usb port is not working on my win 10

usb port is not working on my win 10: hi I have updated my windows 10 but to my surprise I am not able to use usb port. Kindly suggest what to do.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-port-is-not-working-on-my-win-10/e741c344-e319-46e5-b99a-a5c0b5281798
  9. USB ports not working in Windows 10

USB ports not working in Windows 10: I updated my computer to build 1809 for Windows 10 Pro. Since the update none of my USB Devices show in File Explorer. Opening up Device Manager, I can see the device that's plugged in under Disk Drives, but nothing I do makes them accessible. Uninstalling drivers...
  10. USB ports not working in windows 10

USB ports not working in windows 10: I upgraded recently from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Everything was fine then this weekend I couldn't get my old HP LaserJet 1200 printer to work. I tried several drivers from the HP website but to no avail. Then on Monday night I installed Nero 9 on my pc. I had to do this...