Windows 10: No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Discus and support No USB ports working on toshiba laptop in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi guys, Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009 Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by flamer, Oct 6, 2018.

1. flamer Win User

No USB ports working on toshiba laptop

Hi guys,

Got an old Toshiba laptop, satellite l500d pslk0a-00r009
    Its old and doesn't officially support win10. However I have it installed and everything works fine except USB. All the ports seem completely dead, plugging in a USB mouse I get no light on the mouse. USB flash drives don't work either. This was previously working under win7.

The issue seems to be I don't have "Generic USB hub" in device manager. Have tried to manually install it using add legacy hardware but it wont take. I have several USB root hub and others listed, but not the generic hub.

Here's what I have tried so far:

Uninstall all USB device in device managers and reboot
    Confirmed BIOS is latest version
    tried both legacy and compatibly USB mode in BIOS
    Download and install generic win10 USB drivers
    Disable USB power saving mode
    Installed toshiba's service center, no updates available
    Ran MS troubleshooter/fixit

I think the next step is to give up, but does anyone else have any suggestions?

thanks

:)

flamer, Oct 6, 2018

2. Toshiba laptop USB ports stopped working

Anthony thanks for the reply here are the answers to your questions :-

• Do you get any error code or error message, While connecting the device to the USB ports?
    • Is this issue specific with any particular USB device?
    • Is this issue specific with any particular USB port?

A1- no there are no error codes it like there is no power on the ports

A2- there are only 2 USB ports on this unit and they are both not working

A3- both ports are not working.

I have tried all your methods and both USB ports are still not working

thanks

Master Baker, Oct 6, 2018
  3. Toshiba laptop USB ports stopped working

I have a toshiba laptop model PSC09A-00G019 where the USB ports have losses all power and stop working. I installed Windows 10 on the unit about 5 months ago and all has been working great until now. I have gone through the drivers installing and uninstalling
    and looking for a hard wear problem with no results has anyone else expirance this and can help.

Master Baker, Oct 6, 2018
  4. Juzar_Ali Win User

Toshiba Satellite c850 usb ports not working

Hi,

I suggest you to try updating the Universal Serial Bus Controller associated with the USB port and check if it helps.

To update the drivers from device manager follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and click on
      Device Manager.

• Expand Universal Serial Bus Controller.

• Right click on the driver and select Update.

Hope this helps. Please respond if you have any further related query.

Thank you.

Juzar_Ali, Oct 6, 2018
Thema:

1. No USB ports working on toshiba laptop - Similar Threads - USB ports working

2. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  3. Toshiba laptop not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Toshiba laptop not working: Hello, i have a Toshiba laptop it was fine for the past 2 years and now it keeps loop blue screen of death, the stop code keeps showing "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", luckily it enters automatic repair, maybe i have a corrupted file or something....
  4. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working: The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a...
  5. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working: The two usb ports on the bottom right of the laptop are not working. I plug a phone in and it does not charge it either. I have gone into device manager and unchecked the box for turning the device off to save power on all USB hubs generic and root hubs but when I put a...
  6. Two USB Ports on Toshiba Tecra A11 Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  7. Toshiba Satellite HDMI port not working

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Toshiba Satellite HDMI port not working: My wife’s Laptop is a Toshiba Satellite C75D-C; Actual Model Number:C75D-C7224X Its part number is PSCSWU-01K013 with a serial number of 8F099179S We are running the latest M/S Windows 10 HOME build 1803 17134.1130. It was sold new as Windows 10 capable and likely came with...
  8. USB port is not working in my laptop

USB port is not working in my laptop: Hi ihave one port is not working,the other two ports working,I uninstall the USB Root hub and restart the PC but did't fixit,then i remove the Check from the box labeled Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power,didn't fix it,itraying to Disable Selective...
  9. Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working

Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working: Toshiba Satellite L655, 2 out of 3 USB ports are not working after upgrade to windows 10 64 bit, i tried to look for drivers to fix this issue but with no luck....
  10. Toshiba L500-00F5 USB port problem

Toshiba L500-00F5 USB port problem: There are 3 external USB ports on this L500 modelPSLS6C-00F005. The one on the front right has developed a problem. Nothing is recognized when plugged in. An unrecognized device error pops randomly even with nothing plugged in to the front port. When the error pops the other...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. toshiba satellite l500 usb ports not working