Windows 10: No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up?

Discus and support No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am trying to get my Apple iPod Shuffle to mount on my Windows 10 Lenovo. iPhone syncs fine. It seems no matter what I never have any drivers... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by HenryCline, Oct 11, 2019.

1. No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up?

I am trying to get my Apple iPod Shuffle to mount on my Windows 10 Lenovo. iPhone syncs fine.

It seems no matter what I never have any drivers available in the device manager for Apple USB devices. This is after installing iTunes and iCloud using downloads direct from Apple.

I was hoping there would be a way to manually install the usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf driver packages, but I have not found that solution. It seems I should start over with the installation process and wanted feedback on the best way to go. I want to maintain my itunes and my icloud setup the way it is, so my first question is do I have to worry about a new installation overwriting my current set up?

Thanks,

Henry

:)

HenryCline, Oct 11, 2019
  2. xman2007 Win User

patched driver has no .inf ??

just followed the instructions to install the patched driver, unzip to 2KXP_INF\B_xxxx etc but there is no .inf file to update? any help on this appreciated*Confused No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up? :confused:

xman2007, Oct 11, 2019
  3. Windows 10 Creators Device Driver INF Changes

After updating Windows 10 to Windows 10 Creators, my Device Drivers no longer install. I have traced this to the INF file. In the [SourceDiskFiles] section I was specifying a sub-directory two levels below the INF file. After the update Windows 10 no longer
    recognizes this as a valid directory and ignores it. If I rearrange the directory structure so the driver files are only one level down from the INF, then all is fine.

So the question is:

Has Microsoft changed the specification of the INF file or is this a Microsoft bug that will get fixed in due course?

graham48251, Oct 11, 2019
  4. McQueen Win User

No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up?

Does "Intel INF" ever really install anything?

I'm trying to find out if I have the latest chipset drivers. I'm more stubborn than skilled, I hope someone here knows more about how drivers work.

Take first, as a simpler and more straight-forward example of how I thought it always worked, the most common Realtek LAN driver. In the downloaded package, in the same folder as the .inf file (rt64win7.inf), there also is a .sys file (rt64win7.sys) which I assume is the driver, and there also are 2 DLL files (RtNicprop64.DLL and RTNUninst64.dll) and I can guess they are used for viewing properties and uninstall. If I look at my NIC in the Device Manager, under Drivers / More Info, these 3 are listed as the driver files. Also, if I look in rt64win7.inf, there are references to all 3 mentioned .sys and .dll files (e g under heading [SourceDisksFiles]). So it all makes sense.

There are 2 chipset drivers. The ME driver seems understandable. But when it comes to Intel INF installer, there are several things that to me look like they are never used:

The downloaded package consists of only .inf and .cat files, no related code (as in .sys or .dll files).
    If I run pnputil.exe -e, make a list of all oemXX.inf files that say "Intel", and open these in C:\Windows\Inf, then I can see the files from Intel that are actually being used, including the original file names (before Windows renamed them to oemXX.inf). And from that I can see that the .inf files in use never are the ones that came with the Intel Inf package (the used drivers I guess are something Microsoft found)
    If I compare all .inf files in the downloaded Intel INF package with all .inf files in C:\Windows\System32\DriverStore\FileRepository, only 3 are in common: cougcore.inf, cougsmb.inf and SNB2009.inf. But in these, there are no references to any .sys or .dll file, and under the heading [SourceDisksFiles] it is just blank.
    Looking closer at what driver is used for the SM Bus: In Device Manager I see that it uses intelsmb.sys (and intelsmb.inf, via Info / INF name), and that the device's ID is 1C22. I think the Intel INF installer is supposed to match that ID to what devices the .inf files list that they support. Now, with the Intel INF package there came a newer driver for the SM Bus, cougsmb.inf. Both cougsmb.inf and intelsmb.inf are in the FileRepository directory, so it looks like the system has tried to install them at some point. And in both these .inf files, 1C22 is listed under "supported devices". The cougsmb.inf is newer, and it is specifically for Cougar Point chipsets, which is what is on the H67 chipset boards like mine. Still the system uses intelsmb.inf.

So it looks like my system uses old chipset drivers (probably whatever Microsoft found at the original install), and that the files that should install new drivers are empty.

Am I missing something?

PS Running Win7 64bit with i3-2100 and H67 chipset.

McQueen, Oct 11, 2019
Thema:

No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up?

1. No usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf drivers ever show up? - Similar Threads - usbaapl64 inf usbaapl

2. oem26.inf

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oem26.inf: The past few days my PC keeps crashing when I load up a game. I have made sure that Windows and my Drivers are fully updated. I went into event viewer and oem26.inf is erroring could this be the issue to my problem and is there a fix for it. If someone knows anything or can...
  3. oem26.inf

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    oem26.inf: The past few days my PC keeps crashing when I load up a game. I have made sure that Windows and my Drivers are fully updated. I went into event viewer and oem26.inf is erroring could this be the issue to my problem and is there a fix for it. If someone knows anything or can...
  4. oem26.inf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. oem157.inf oem158.inf blocking Windows 11 upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    oem157.inf oem158.inf blocking Windows 11 upgrade: Repeated attempts to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 have been "hard" blocked by XPS and PDF drivers oem157.inf and oem158.inf. This exact scenario has been reported/documented before with early upgrades to Windows 10. The documented solution steps from this historical...
  6. oem157.inf oem158.inf blocking Windows 11 upgrade

oem157.inf oem158.inf blocking Windows 11 upgrade: Repeated attempts to upgrade from Windows 10 to Windows 11 have been "hard" blocked by XPS and PDF drivers oem157.inf and oem158.inf. This exact scenario has been reported/documented before with early upgrades to Windows 10. The documented solution steps from this historical...
  7. *.inf

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    *.inf: Not able to run autorun.inf from pen drive automaticallyThe file association for *.inf is with notepadPlease Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/inf/ec7aaf08-ca92-4066-8639-9ca9d02aa364
  8. inf file access

inf file access: WIN 10 home 64 I have an .inf file in windows/sys32/driverstore/.... can't get access to update a couple of lines to enable driver recognition on my DAW console I have installed a file unlock app, still can't get sys access what are my options?...
  9. INF/Autorun.gen

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    INF/Autorun.gen: [img] How to delete? 126293
  10. How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How2stop AMD Display oem6.inf, oem76.inf, oem77.inf Win10 update?: The Problem: - Latest Windows 10 (home) Update... Enlarges Icons - Resizing results in wrong aspect ratio... (Icons wider than they should be and looking funny) Restore files affected include 3 files relative to AMD display - oem6.inf - oem76.inf - oem77.inf ( I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. usbaapl64.inf missing

2. usbaapl64.inf file

3. i cant locate usbaap164.inf on my pc

4. usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf in Windows 10,
  5. usbaapl64.inf or usbaapl.inf missing,
  6. where to find usbaapl.inf in devide driver store,
  7. usbaap164.inf,
  8. usbaapl.inf where can I find,
  9. usbaapl.inf or usbaapl64.inf file not on computer