Windows 10: No username

Discus and support No username in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I have an hp 15-f387wm and I reset it a few months ago. I've been having some issues with my new computer so I started up this one for a comparison.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by Mint Ivy, Feb 26, 2019.

1. Mint Ivy Win User

No username

I have an hp 15-f387wm and I reset it a few months ago.

I've been having some issues with my new computer so I started up this one for a comparison. When I first bought the computer I had to go through a very long process of waiting while the computer displayed "installing windows." this did not happen this time. I went though the set up process and fought with cortana then got the computer to boot to the desktop. Now keep in mind this is a fresh computer because I reset it fully I used the recycle reset process which took hours so there can't be any viruses. It was on the desktop as normal with some bloatware which came from the manufacturer. I opened Microsoft edge and typed Google.com correctly so I didn't open a virus website. I tried to type something into Google and the whole pc froze. I could move the mouse but control alt delete and the windows key would not work at all. I left the pc to load for about 20 minutes and when I came back there was no change. I did a hard reset and when I unlocked the computer I got a black screen. I googled what to do and I had to press control alt delete which I tried but it didn't work. I did another hard reset and I pressed control alt delete repeatedly after signing in again and got the menu to come up and opened the task manager. After waiting the desktop booted but the bottom bar never loaded fully. The icons were out of place and the wifi icon was missing and whatnot. That's normal when my computer is loading but this time it got stuck with the icons out of place and never loaded. I googled what to do again and I had to interrupt the startup process 4 times to get a "recovering pc" (something like that) message during the next boot. This was supposed to allow me to boot it in safe mode according to Google but I skipped that and pressed reinstall windows. The same recycling pc reset option I did months ago. I left the pc to do what it needed to but the battery died in the middle of the reset process. I plugged in the computer and turned it on and it said "some items have not been deleted but your pc is ready to use" (something like that) and the only option was a continue button. I pressed it and the pc loaded the lockscreen but when I got to the log in it says "other user" and asks for a username and password. I never gave the computer a username but I do have a password. I tried using the name I used when setting up the computer but it didn't work. I know exactly what the password is and all the security questions. I pressed forgot password and it said I needed a USB drive. All I had was an SD card (which is empty) so I plugged it in and it asked to select a drive. I selected what looked like the whole SD card since that was the only thing on there (like selecting windows c:\\) and the computer says "these are not password files" when there are no files on the SD card and I was never asked to save my password stuff during the set up only to enter it. Someone please help. What should I do now? Is there a default username??

:)

Mint Ivy, Feb 26, 2019
  2. Kreij Win User

Current active users that are friends

The other reason I suggested this is that users can add characters to their username that are not alphanumeric (e.g. user*). This confuses things somewhat when looking at the list.

Kreij, Feb 26, 2019
  3. Spore Clubhouse/Username Database

I decided that it would be cool to create a list of techpowerup! member's Spore usernames so that we could add eachother to a great big networked spore universe.
    At any rate, feel free to discuss anything and everything Spore related and post screenshots!

I'll start the list off:

• TPU*Stick Out Tongue No username :prudent Princess
      SPORE:Marxistforlife
    • TPU: ShadowFold
      SPORE: Shadowfold
    • TPU: Triprift
      SPORE: Trippy75
    • TPU: Darknova
      SPORE: Cynicalnova
    • TPU: Lillebror
      SPORE: Lillebror
    • TPU: Wartz
      SPORE: Wartz
    • TPU: MadClown
      SPORE: MadClown5
    • TPU: Nick89
      SPORE: 0TheCreator0

PrudentPrincess, Feb 26, 2019
  4. No username

change admin username account

Hi
    vasilisnikolo

Are you logged in with the Microsoft account or a local account?

You can follow the steps below to change the username and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + X key.
    • Click on Control Panel.
    • Under view, select large icons.
    • Go to User Account.
    • Click on Manage another account.
    • Select the User Account for which you want to select the password.
    • Click on Change the username.
    • Click on Change Name button.
    Hope this information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Feb 26, 2019
Thema:

No username

1. No username - Similar Threads - username

2. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  3. how can i change the default username on my new desktop?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how can i change the default username on my new desktop?: I use my Microsoft account to set up new dell xps laptop. The default username when I use whoami to check in the command line, there is always a letter missing. For example, my name is peter sam, the whoami return "pete", although i really want to get "peter". I check the "My...
  4. Will changing my computer username cause any problems?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Will changing my computer username cause any problems?: I want to change my computer username on Windows 11 but don't know if it will cause any issues. I noticed for files stored locally on my computer, like in the downloads section it has my computer username in it, so I am wondering 2 things:Will changing my computer username...
  5. Will changing my computer username cause any problems?

Will changing my computer username cause any problems?: I want to change my computer username on Windows 11 but don't know if it will cause any issues. I noticed for files stored locally on my computer, like in the downloads section it has my computer username in it, so I am wondering 2 things:Will changing my computer username...
  6. i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...: I've added a work or school user from AzureAD to my local machine. In the last time the display name of that user was "Company Wonderful - Office".I ended up in a user directory locally named "CompanyWonderful-O". Now I only want it to be "Office".So I changed the display...
  7. i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...

i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...: I've added a work or school user from AzureAD to my local machine. In the last time the display name of that user was "Company Wonderful - Office".I ended up in a user directory locally named "CompanyWonderful-O". Now I only want it to be "Office".So I changed the display...
  8. i want to Add a work or school user to local machine - works - but generates wrong username...

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  9. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...
  10. Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dsabled ctrl alt delete and use username and password on lock screen when I installed a...: I installed a security script off of github and upon locking the screen or sleeping, it now requires me to press ctrl alt delete to wake up the screen. I tried removing it by looking up online sources and disabling the "require username and password to login" as well as...